John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/29/17 11:05 a.m.

I put this up onto CL today... '02 Taurus with 136k but needs HG soon.

The GRM deal is I need it to go away more than I need the money.
If you have the time for a head gasket you'll have a nice car. Details in CL ad.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
4/29/17 12:42 p.m.

I've always liked that body style especially sans spoiler. If I had $600 I'd buy it even though I always thought the nose felt occasionally light when doing the ton on I-10. Good luck on the sale.

Robbie
Robbie UberDork
4/29/17 2:25 p.m.

Looks like a perfect candidate for a $50 bottle of blue devil and then 4 more years of trouble free beatering.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/29/17 3:04 p.m.

I always said if I go to the Challenge, it would be in a $1900 car with a can of wax and a case of beer. You just saved me over a thousand dollars!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/29/17 3:13 p.m.

Aren't these the ones with the ridiculously suspect transmissions?

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/29/17 3:25 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Aren't these the ones with the ridiculously suspect transmissions?

I've never had any trouble with the trans.

I've had 3 text conversations going on today. Two wanted it but could not get the money together until Monday.
Another is coming to look at it in 30 minutes. If he brings $600 in cash he'll be able to drive it home.

I'm making sure whoever I sell it to signs the title in my presence. I'm not letting it leave as an open title. Some less scrupulous person could sell it tomorrow and not disclose the HG issues. The last thing I need is some single mother spends her last dollar on it and thinks that I am still the rightful owner who screwed her over.
Whoever buys this is putting it in their own name.

I wanted to get this onto CL Friday but was too busy. Either way, I expect it to be gone by the end of the weekend.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/30/17 7:48 a.m.

Sold this Sunday morning at 8am, full price.
Ironically, sold to the same local "flipper" who 6 months ago bought my '03 Saturn Vue with 265k miles but needing a clutch.
When I put this Taurus up for sale, I had thought about calling the guy who bought the Vue but realized I did not have his contact info. This time I made sure to get his name and number.

He's a body work man. I think we can do some good together!

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
4/30/17 9:58 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Aren't these the ones with the ridiculously suspect transmissions?

I think the ones with the Duratec engines tend to have trans issues. Far less trouble when it's the base Vulcan engine, IIRC.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
5/1/17 8:38 p.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

The only trans trouble i remember was they would wipe the splines out in the torque convertors. So kind of a big job pulling the trans but the parts cost wasnt too hateful.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
acqx8b18uwCx9R6lK1wxHwBSU7JaNSvmOUHv6CPMaPYEHolFKxFRK5eCPCgukp4n