1 2
mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
9/3/17 2:24 p.m.

I'm relisting this because the sale that was going to go through didn't go through and then I took a bunch of pictures which I forgot to post and it seems that starting over is the best way to go.
Pictures tell 1000 words, so look at them. A new battery and a squirt bottle of gas and this car fired right up and ran great. Took 2-3 minutes to settle into an idle and then I dropped it in drive and pulled it out of the barn. Brakes are questionable, but kind of stop the car. My father in law would like you to get it with a trailer, but it WILL drive up on the trailer, which is awesome. In all honesty, this should be a banger car. Someone should get this, do the bare minimum of maintenance, drive it someplace awesome and get your money back out by selling it for the engine. Someone please buy this, nobody wants to see a 455 melted for scrap.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/3/17 2:26 p.m.

Up north somewhere, ain't it?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
9/3/17 2:36 p.m.

Sorry, yes, Allen Michigan just outside Coldwater. And my in-laws own the car, so I'm sort of affiliated.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
9/3/17 4:19 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

Just this picture makes me wanna road trip to Michigan.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/3/17 4:47 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

To wash the seat, or dirty it?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
9/3/17 4:49 p.m.

I spent a bunch of time trying to justify dragging it home myself. Just way too much overlap with my current fleet. Power windows all worked. Very cool to roll down the windows and have it just be A and C pillars. So much open space.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
9/3/17 4:49 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Why can't I wash it after I dirty it?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
9/3/17 4:56 p.m.
Stampie wrote: In reply to mazdeuce: Just this picture makes me wanna road trip to Michigan.

My dad had the exact white 2-door car but a 1968 with a black vinyl roof. We would have four unbelted kids in that backseat and once to Florida from Chicago in the mid-1970's. Brings back a lot of memories.

My dad sold his for $500 back in 1984. Boat. Tank.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
9/3/17 4:59 p.m.

That car looks to be decent shape for $500. The gas mileage of this car and premium fuel is why I got into Datsuns.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
9/3/17 6:41 p.m.

I hate being That Guy, but the bumpers and hood are telling me that it's a '68, not a '69. Having said that, I can't imagine it making any difference to anybody; it certainly doesn't affect the coolness-per-pound-per-dollar. GLWS!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
9/3/17 7:44 p.m.
Stealthtercel wrote: I hate being That Guy, but the bumpers and hood are telling me that it's a '68, not a '69. Having said that, I can't imagine it making any difference to anybody; it certainly doesn't affect the coolness-per-pound-per-dollar. GLWS!

You might be right. I need to see the back lights.

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo MegaDork
9/4/17 6:04 p.m.

Umm, can we talk off line please

John

269-203-640three

akylekoz
akylekoz Reader
9/5/17 7:26 a.m.

That motor pic brought back some good memories, that drivetrain swaps right into a G body, just need to move the tranny mount to the other side of the cross member.

When I was 16 my dad had a 71 98 with that engine, even with the 3:08 or 2:73 gears it could break them loose.

Need some maths help if we were going 115 in said 98 with 225/75/15 tires in second gear, what was the rpm. My brother was driving, at 115 mph I asked if anyone else felt the shift to third. My dad told him to lift a little then it shifted.

I want it.

Maybe when Quasimofo is done with it.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
9/5/17 3:16 p.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo: 

Just noticed this. I'll call you tonight (Tuesday). 

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
9/5/17 5:18 p.m.

Looks too good to take out the engine and scrap. Make it a cruiser. Its even a 2 door.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
9/5/17 5:38 p.m.
TIGMOTORSPORTS said:

Looks too good to take out the engine and scrap. Make it a cruiser. Its even a 2 door.

Exactly. If this was near me, at this price, I'd just cruise it as-is. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/5/17 7:12 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:
TIGMOTORSPORTS said:

Exactly. If this was near me, at this price, I'd just cruise it as-is. 

I'd park it in the yard just to have a place to get away from the kids for "adult time"

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
9/5/17 8:13 p.m.

I'd put some decent wheels on it.  Murder it out, straight pipe it, and then cruise. 

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
9/6/17 7:15 a.m.

In reply to Quasimofo: 

I didn't get a chance to call until it felt too late to call. I sent you a message. You can message me back or I'll try harder to call tonight.

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo MegaDork
9/7/17 3:03 p.m.
Maniac0301 said:

I'd put some decent wheels on it.  Murder it out, straight pipe it, and then cruise. 

Essentially the plan. Meeting with the owner tomorrow.  Concerned about durable items like rotors as they are unobtainable but I'd considering radical action if necessary.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
9/7/17 5:59 p.m.
QuasiMofo said:
Maniac0301 said:

Essentially the plan. Meeting with the owner tomorrow.  Concerned about durable items like rotors as they are unobtainable but I'd considering radical action if necessary.

Rotors might be unobtainable because my dads '68 98 had four wheel drum brakes.   

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
9/8/17 4:58 a.m.

I had a 69 Buick Electra 225 4dr - power brakes but drum all around. Very large drums

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
9/8/17 11:01 a.m.
QuasiMofo said:
Maniac0301 said:

I'm pretty sure you know a guy...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
9/8/17 1:45 p.m.

This car is SOLD! 

Condolences to QuasiMofo on his purchase and impending plunge into madness as he attempts to rehab giant drum brakes on all four wheels. That's a lot of springs to keep track of. Who wants a build thread? 

Build thread! Build thread! Build thread! 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/8/17 1:57 p.m.

For the love of god, build thread!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CyZDvJGDR5PWpFvh1TB0GhHGjrY9GIb613r5JbGr05VyR6KFSpDlHE5XSYuATR2X