tb
tb HalfDork
3/29/17 12:40 p.m.

1996 Acura Integra se – b18b1 / automatic; clean title; NJ inspected until June; Located near Atlantic City, NJ

216k miles, 80k miles on transmission; most work has approx. 5k miles on it Body & Interior are OK for race car but certainly not perfect Silver w/ Black exterior (many dings & blemishes but no rust or impact damage)

Black leather interior (decent condition; driver’s seat torn but seat covers included)

Power windows & locks; cruise control; sunroof; etc. Air conditioning needs one line replace & recharge (was working prior)

Custom headliner

Wink mirror

LED interior lights

AEM WBO2

Shift light

Boost Gauge

Digital Voltmeter

Cupholder

6-Fuse panel on dash

Radio delete (CD player w/ remote & aux. input included)

GSR style wing (OEM wing included)

Clear turn signals

Aftermarket rear lights (OEM included)

Kill Switch @ rear

Rear aluminum tow hook

Front nylon tow strap

Aluminum hood pins

Custom vented hood

Rear wiper delete (OEM included)

HID headlight conversion

Clear Lamin-x on headlights

Yellow Lamin-x on high beams

Battery relocated to hatch in box w/ hardwired tender

4 into 1 header w/ DEI heatwrap & silicone coating

2-1/4” exhaust w/ test pipe (muffler included)

New NGK spark plugs 1 step colder (OEM NGK spark plugs included)

New distributor, cap, rotor & wires

Aluminum lightweight underdrive pulley w/ new belts

Rear mounted TD04hl-12T (Volvo s40 unit; 8psi wastegate spring)

Rebuildable spare turbo included (blown seals)

Rear electric oil pump w/ needle valve & oil cooler

K&N cone filter w/ cover

Front mount intercooler (aluminum & pvc pipes, silicone couplers, t bar clamps)

Front and rear strut bars (very nice DC sport)

Rear lower tie bar (aluminum)

Koni STR dampers

Eibach sport springs

Addco rear sway bar

New suspension mounts, bump stops & hardware all around

Window Weld filled motor mounts

Complete Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing master kit

Aluminum front lower control arm brace

Aluminum rear lower control arms

Aluminum adjustable rear upper control arms

New OEM front upper control arms

New front wheel bearings

New front ball joints

New inner & outer tie rods

Power Steering delete (OEM parts included)

New axles

Rebuilt front calipers

Stainless Steel brake lines

Hawk HPS brake pads w/ new hardware

New Rotors

7 mm aluminum wheel spacers @ front

Auxiliary transmission cooler w/ electric fan

Fuel pressure gauge

New Starter

Speedy 17x7 aluminum wheels

205/40r17 Falken Azeni rt615k tires

Full size spare tire

Locking lug nuts w/ key

Extra fluids & misc. bits included

Probably a bunch of stuff that I am forgetting…

I planned to race it for at least another season but circumstances have changed; could use more tuning & alignment tweaks but runs & drives well

$1,500 / obo

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/29/17 12:51 p.m.

How did it do in the Challenge?

tb
tb HalfDork
3/29/17 12:58 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

I honestly never pay attention to results, but... poorly.

It really wasn't finished then and the first test drive was the trip down to Gainseville. Some of the cheap parts that came with the car gave me (and my stalwart co-pilot) fits all weekend. Wasn't the slowest car there but wasn't very impressive, either.

The suspension is much better sorted now. The new turbo system makes it much more fun to drive but I have not ironed out all of the bugs quite yet (i.e. it blew a coupler and then I broke the clamp this morning while cutting up my thumb in the process...).

Stampie
Stampie Dork
3/29/17 1:07 p.m.

Doesn't it have a Q45 bolt in the suspension now? That's worth $1500 right there.

tb
tb HalfDork
3/29/17 1:13 p.m.
Stampie wrote: Doesn't it have a Q45 bolt in the suspension now? That's worth $1500 right there.

Nah, I threw that in the bin as soon as I made it home!

Truthfully, I forgot about that until now and cannot even remember where that bolt ended up being used... somewhere in the front suspension I think...

Thanks again! A big part of me not worrying about driving an untested crapcan on a 2,500 mile round trip is that I knew there would be plenty of willing help throughout the journey.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
3/29/17 1:58 p.m.

In reply to tb:

Well you threw away the most valuable part.

tb
tb HalfDork
3/29/17 2:34 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

I dunno... I think the most valuable parts might be the the crappy, plastic, knock-off JDM Honda badges. I could probably go a little lower on price if I were to keep one of those!

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
3/29/17 2:45 p.m.

Just curious, why auto tragic?

tb
tb HalfDork
3/29/17 2:57 p.m.

In reply to markwemple:

A nasty spinal cord injury resulting in major nerve damage to my left leg (among other issues). I can still drive stick, sometimes, but not really reliably or comfortably.

I have gotten used to living with automatics and thankfully some cars let you stay somewhat engaged. The Integra lets you move between each of the four gears and has a reasonable enough feel to it.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
3/29/17 3:47 p.m.

You're selling the car short. It was the top finishing Acura in 2016. I checked and there were at least four acura's entered

tb
tb HalfDork
3/29/17 7:55 p.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem:

Thanks for the interesting factoid, I suppose I can at least have that consolation...

I will say that it mostly performed about how I expected it to; but I do want to be clear that it is a project that still needs the last 10% finished up.

I will be working on it to improve it in my free time (HA! Does that even exist?) and I will eventually advertise it elsewhere. The price goes up for the general population since it seems fairly easy to sell to the fanboys and I have done a lot of hard work that many do not want to trudge through... so feel free to low-ball me if you like, I kind of expect it from this crowd!

tb
tb HalfDork
4/13/17 12:18 p.m.

I have had some emailers and tire kickers show interest but I still have the car.

Soon I am going to start advertising it more widely but I am very open to offers from the GRM community...

tb
tb Dork
7/21/17 2:59 p.m.

I honestly keep forgetting that I still have this car just sitting in the yard not being used...

This thing has a bunch of nice parts and runs well but I really ought to get it out of here!

$750?

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/21/17 6:33 p.m.

Oh wow. I can't see the pics and I'm way too far away, but this seems like a solid start for a challenger!

tb
tb Dork
7/21/17 7:24 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again:

I dunno what happened but I will try to fix the pics when I have a minute, thanks for pointing that out.

It is a very solid car that has real potential and I am willing to make a very good deal to someone since I have zero time to play with it. If I actually find time to finish it and make it perfect I will not be so willing to let it go...

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/21/17 7:57 p.m.

I feel your pain. GLWS!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hX4YJSPrWnMLItycEOUnynA042vGgizawwPrtpFnYl9fLN5EVqtRcrZX6TqvBDMb