hestickney
hestickney New Reader
7/20/17 3:49 p.m.

2005 Scion xB 5 speed, it was my daily driver for 7+ years until it was rear ended by a Harley-Davidson Sportster a few weeks ago. It was a Pacific NW car until 2 years ago and is mostly rust-free...though it is amazing what upstate NY can do to a car thru 2 winters. The car is modified with a Greddy supercharger, headers, short-shift kit and TRD lowering springs. It sits on 17" rims and has an extra set of 14" steelies with new snows(new last fall). The car handles great and it is fairly quick(when compared to a stock Scion). The driver's side frame rail is buckled just aft of the spring connection. The title is rebuilt from a previous accident before I owned the vehicle. The engine was replaced with a 80K mile engine at 114k miles on the car. The car now has 142k miles.

I would love to keep it and try to fix the damage myself, but I am pretty sure it will just sit in my barn for a decade and that I will never get around to it. I don't have the tools or the know-how todo what needs to be done and it isn't going to happen in the near future.

If anybody is interested, please let me know soon. I am willing to part out the extra goodies if there is no interest in the car as a whole. I am located at the end of the world in Oswego, NY. Call or text 509-521-9202 or email hestickney@gmail.com . I am having trouble uploading the photos, but I will email them to you if you want.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
7/20/17 5:15 p.m.

Email sent and I'll put up the pictures if you want.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
7/20/17 5:45 p.m.

How slow is it with a supercharger? Oddly interested pending actual pictures.

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
7/21/17 12:39 p.m.

This would be awesome!!

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
7/21/17 2:41 p.m.

I haven't gotten a response from my email.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
7/22/17 1:54 p.m.

Got pictures. Two wouldn't upload but I think these show the issues.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
7/22/17 2:04 p.m.

Was the Harley guy texting?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/22/17 2:27 p.m.

I spent 4 years looking for a Challenge priced Xb.

Dang. Timing is terrible.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/22/17 2:34 p.m.

Yes, I had a plan.

Just sent this to my son, but it's probably bad timing for him too.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
7/22/17 2:44 p.m.

I see a potential Pickup Challenge vehicle there.....

hestickney
hestickney New Reader
7/25/17 11:48 a.m.

The Harley rider was a girl. She was certainly going to fast and not paying attention, but probably not texting.

My xB is still slower than a GTI. I don't really have any data other than that. It is probably putting out 125-135 HP on 5 lbs. of boost. That is not very impressive, but not so bad compared to the stock 108 HP.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ah6Ed8Eu1xGvkSEO6v5NgtmjuPAM07bguVQfZAkTempAsq0TbhuVA3nnK9f6RfL8