Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
4/21/17 1:28 a.m.
Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
4/21/17 4:47 a.m.

I never knew they made a hatchback for this.

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
4/21/17 5:17 a.m.

As long as it hasn't been ran hot, I'm betting that's a fun little car.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
4/21/17 7:19 a.m.

I'm glad it's as far away from me as can be, because I've always wanted a 2.8/5 speed body cavalier hatch to turbo 3400 swap. That right there is the coolest j body ever built.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
4/21/17 7:54 a.m.

That could never run and it would be worth $1,200 to me. Something about '70s through '90s GM, Vauxhall/ Opel Euro styled cars that I like. Ever seen an Opel Monza?

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/21/17 8:07 a.m.

At one point or another, all of the J-cars were offered as a hatch, except Cadillac Cimmeron.

Buick Skyhawk:

Olds Firenza:

Pontiac J2000:

Wagons were offered too across the brands. Cadillac only offered the sedan in the Cimmeron.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
4/21/17 8:24 a.m.

They had a pretty sweet exhaust note. A girl used to drive one into my F-I-L's meat market when I worked there 30 years ago. I think dropping a 3.4 in would be cool.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
4/21/17 10:55 a.m.
John Welsh wrote: At one point or another, all of the J-cars were offered as a hatch, except Cadillac Cimmeron. Buick Skyhawk: Olds Firenza: Pontiac J2000: Wagons were offered too across the brands. Cadillac only offered the sedan in the Cimmeron.

My mother had a silver Pontiac J2000 when I was a kid. That thing was a POS and a real lemon.

NoPermitNeeded
NoPermitNeeded Reader
4/21/17 11:56 a.m.
John Welsh wrote: At one point or another, all of the J-cars were offered as a hatch, except Cadillac Cimmeron. Buick Skyhawk: Olds Firenza: Pontiac J2000: Wagons were offered too across the brands. Cadillac only offered the sedan in the Cimmeron.

Cool looking cars for sure; but what intrigues me most is the casual denim background for the olds.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
4/21/17 11:59 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: They had a pretty sweet exhaust note.

Yes they did, and if I recall, they went pretty good, too.

I like hatches, but those are ugly. Much prefer the look of the sedan

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
4/21/17 8:04 p.m.

I liked the looks of the notch better but I appreciate the utility of the hatch.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/21/17 8:43 p.m.

I had the sedan version. I bought it new and kept for three years. That car was made of suck.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/21/17 8:49 p.m.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/21/17 8:49 p.m.

Horrible cars at all levels.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
4/21/17 11:17 p.m.

I rolled a Z24 on the Taconic parkway after a visit to my GF's house on Long Island. I had literally just finished paying for it and dropped the full coverage in an attempt to save some cash to use for books for the upcoming semester at school.

The car had a random quirk- the digital speedometer and odometer, as shown above above, would randomly switch to KMPH and stay that way until I disconnected and reconnected the battery three times.

chada75
chada75 Reader
4/28/17 5:52 p.m.

The unoffical body of the NASCAR Modifieds for 20+ years.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kATdhoyLOsO3FAT4x2am8SBdecuAwizEBj7mffvLHLHKu1gKUkRHlUx5W9wIE10c