1 2
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/25/17 1:08 p.m.

GAH...youre not that far, and I can get my hands on a truck and trailer capable of the task...

Now, to convince SWMBO that empty garage space is severely overrated...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
4/25/17 1:11 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Do it!!!!

BTD
BTD Reader
4/25/17 2:06 p.m.

Man, I wish this was closer to Colorado. I'd buy it and drive it to FL just for the challenge

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
4/25/17 2:11 p.m.

This is another reminder that my life is not in proper order and my priorities need to continue being corrected. Good luck with sale.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/25/17 2:42 p.m.

This is close enough to me to be dangerous. I need to go to my garage and stare at my projects for a little while.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/25/17 2:50 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

Very nice.

As someone who has done something similar (sold a lot of stuff at a great price with the qualifier that it be used as a Challenger), I learned that is not really enforceable. Don't be disappointed (like I was) if stuff changes.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
4/25/17 2:58 p.m.

Gah my wife would kill me so dead I'd regret it in the next life if I hauled that home...

Someone here will end up with it.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
4/25/17 3:17 p.m.

I don't even want that but I feel like slapping anyone who does that isn't already on the way.

$750 people. It's not even enough to pay your annual cell phone bill.

RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
4/25/17 4:00 p.m.

1) My unlimited-everything AT&T is $540/yr ThankYouVeryMuch

2) This would be super tempting except I don't have the time/budget to actually take it to Florida when complete.

Carson
Carson Dork
4/25/17 4:49 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace and SVreX:

I gave away my Civic hatch (plus freshly rebuilt engine and transmission and a ton of parts) for FREE with the promise it would be Challenged. I'm 98% sure the guy that took it immediately sold it for scrap. He posts here so maybe he'll chime in. Yes, it was nearly 9 years ago and I'm still bitter about it. I loved that car. Needed the space.

Still starved for space otherwise I'd take you up on this and not disappoint.

Robbie
Robbie UberDork
4/25/17 5:13 p.m.

I'm pretty convinced by now you cannot go out looking for a good challenge car and find one. But if you wait a little bit, a good one will find you.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
4/25/17 5:14 p.m.

Nice

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/25/17 5:17 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote: I don't even want that but I feel like slapping anyone who does that isn't already on the way. $750 people. It's not even enough to pay your annual cell phone bill.

Yeah, given what I pay....this is like 3 of my cell phone bills. I'm an idiot.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
4/26/17 9:58 a.m.

I know what you guys are thinking - "This deal seems too good to be true. I better pass on it.". Except its true.
I've got it, come get it.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
4/26/17 11:25 a.m.

Wishing I had the space. I know I have partners in crime that would encourage me if I did.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/26/17 11:38 a.m.

You know that I love these cars...

Do you have a photo of the rocker rust? (asks the guy who typed "Civic Si" into the CL search bar this morning).

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
4/26/17 3:55 p.m.
Woody wrote: You know that I love these cars... Do you have a photo of the rocker rust? (asks the guy who typed "Civic Si" into the CL search bar this morning).

Do it. remove the temptation please...

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
4/26/17 4:02 p.m.

Here's the worst of it, but the new rocker completely replaces this corner.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 UltraDork
4/26/17 9:27 p.m.

Oh. My.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
4/27/17 5:46 a.m.

In reply to paranoid_android74:

Like I said, the new rocker panels replace this entire section. The inner rockers are solid, and there is no other structural rust on the car. If desired, I may be able to be talked into installing the new rockers for an extra fee.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
4/27/17 9:33 a.m.

Did I mention that there are practically enough spare parts to build a twin engined Civic?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 UltraDork
4/27/17 9:41 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to paranoid_android74: Like I said, the new rocker panels replace this entire section. The inner rockers are solid, and there is no other structural rust on the car. If desired, I may be able to be talked into installing the new rockers for an extra fee.

Oh no, I'm sorry- I didn't mean the rust!

I meant oh my is this a great deal!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
4/27/17 9:50 a.m.

In reply to paranoid_android74:

Well thank you. That it is! I can't believe nobody has jumped on this yet. I'm already starting to have seller's remorse.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
4/27/17 11:00 a.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

If you were within a days round trip it would be gone. That's one of my bucket list cars.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
4/27/17 11:28 a.m.

Can't believe this is still not spoken for. No way I could fulfill the "bring it to the Challenge" part of the deal and I don't have the garage/workshop space to tackle this, but that's a great deal.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gCOPcdd1pEMvtDgHG4Zip3YicwzKSg52S4YFIGoa1bzVKnWuUFgle5GJrBZoUuiY