singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/19/17 10:49 a.m.

I am looking for a set of wheels for my drag tires. I had a set that I thought would work but not the right bolt pattern. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
9/19/17 2:35 p.m.

Hit Craigslist, search for "corvette rally", and hopefully you find something cheaper than these:  

15x8 corvette rallys, NMNA, Detroit CL

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/19/17 3:58 p.m.
Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/19/17 5:37 p.m.

What size tires do you have?  

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/19/17 5:42 p.m.

All mine are ford and miata, but ill keep my eyes open. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/19/17 9:46 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Unfortunately those newer Jags are 5x108. Otherwise, I would be trying to talk one of you into picking those up for new.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/19/17 9:48 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

They are 27 10 15 dirt circle tires. About 1/2-3/4" taller than stock but not much wider. I would certainly be open to alternatives though.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
9/19/17 10:52 p.m.

I've already tried the local CL (I'm sure you did too) and looked at the "garage sale" section of Speedway Motors for you.  I've had good luck posting an ad (like this one in your opening post) on CL asking for cheap stuff.  So that would probably be worth a shot.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/20/17 7:42 a.m.

Those circle track tires bulge on 12" wide rims, i think anything less would be right out.  They say 27x10 but the actual "tread" measures over 13". I personally would look for different tires with wheels already from CL.  I can check around me and bring them to th challenge for you if i find something you can use.  Don't discount finding drag radials on 16-17" camabird tires too.  

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/20/17 8:25 a.m.

Holy crap, those won't fit then. Thanks Patrick, I will look again. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/20/17 8:35 a.m.

These look pretty good but I don't really have time to grab them at 4+ hour trip and would need to get them for half cost. 

Rally's with ET Streets for $300

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/20/17 8:48 p.m.

I'll see what kind of wheels i can scare up around here.  I have a stack of those circle track slicks and they're huuuuuuge.  

I have my slicks from last 2 years that I intend to keep for my impala but might let go to a challenger and buy drag radials in the spring instead.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/20/17 8:58 p.m.

My dirt tires are 26.5 8 15s. They measure 11 in wide. If I can find some appropriate wheels, I think they will work. I will certainly be interested in anything anyone has that is better.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
9/21/17 4:56 a.m.

The circle track tire width is the true tread only width not including the sidewalls, which are very stiff. The Hoosier tend to have a sidewall that buldges a little more wide than the American Racers (at least in the past anyway). 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/21/17 6:41 a.m.
singleslammer said:

My dirt tires are 26.5 8 15s. They measure 11 in wide. If I can find some appropriate wheels, I think they will work. I will certainly be interested in anything anyone has that is better.

That's way better than the 27x10 which are just enormous 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dpJFHyqMpnsOBhVQw0RtCkgWstN13gAUNUxMKl5PTCXLArU07jcWxxHzMifhs11o