Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
9/18/17 1:34 p.m.

So, with now having the Rampage as my Challenge car, I need to try and get wheels & tires for it. It has a decent set of wheels now with tires that I hope will work to get it to the Challenge- but I would like to have some race tires for it so it's not quite as laughable on the AX course & strip. The good thing is that it uses 4x100 pattern wheels, which I'm hoping are reasonably plentiful given some of the other cars that use the same pattern. Thanks!

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/18/17 1:49 p.m.

I have a set of used Goodyear slicks on 14 inch Miata wheels that I'd be willing to sell, but we'd have to figure out how to get them from Connecticut to Kentucky.

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
9/18/17 1:54 p.m.

Ugh, they didn't put the 5-lug parts on it?  Sigh, this is why T-d's get a bad rap, previous owners hacking stuff together without fully paying attention.

That likely means no suspension improvements over stock either.

Damn.

Luckily the pattern and offset is common to VW and Hondas (the center bore is slightly different, but aftermarket wheels tend to have larger center bores).

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 HalfDork
9/18/17 2:10 p.m.

I have 2 (only 2...) of these, but I am in PA.

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
9/18/17 2:16 p.m.

I've got 4 14x6 steelies. With decent high performance summer tires.

Free in PA, seriously get them out of my way. There's even a challenge classified ad for it somewhere I posted months ago but couldn't find this morning to verify the free price is available to all. 

Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
9/18/17 2:23 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

No, that's one thing I'm quite sure about (and have the pictures to confirm)- it has 4-lug 'lattice-looking wheels on it.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/18/17 6:03 p.m.

I have a set of 4 4x100 Mazda2 steel wheels and a set of r comps that I can mount on them and bring them to the challenge. I need to check brand but they are new although old.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
9/18/17 8:05 p.m.

There are some swanky mr2 oem 14's with race tires on the Louisville key craigslist asking 400 and freshly powder coated.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/18/17 9:54 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

I will definitely be cheaper than that cheeky

Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
9/19/17 9:16 a.m.
singleslammer said:

I have a set of 4 4x100 Mazda2 steel wheels and a set of r comps that I can mount on them and bring them to the challenge. I need to check brand but they are new although old.

This might work out the best- I'm not betting on being able to do much in the way of race testing before the Challenge so won't likely need them until then. And unfortunately until I either get the Rampage running or the Jeep's transmission issues worked out, I can't drive anywhere out of town to get anything. cheeky

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/19/17 9:41 a.m.

Ok, the tires are at my BILs. He is going to get me a few pictures and details on the tires. E-mail me when you want to talk details.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
9/19/17 8:21 p.m.

I believe the Rampage will need rims with a center bore of 57 mm , or more. Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Scion, MINI all are smaller. FYI

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
9/20/17 12:10 a.m.

I have a set of 4x100 15x6in (57.1 mm bore) alloy Saturn wheels with old but still kinda usable summer tires, $60 for the set. Also Im in gainesville.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
9/20/17 8:16 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk :

Good to know. Doesn't worry me too much as it wouldn't be the first time I'd had to open the center bore up a bit with a drum sander...

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/20/17 8:20 a.m.

Dug up my tires, they are Victor Racers from 04 in 185/60-14. I don't have any rims for them but if you want them I will drag them to the challenge for you. I would take some local distilled product as payment. 

Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
9/20/17 10:36 a.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

That should work- the wheels on the car now are 14's, so if I get another set of wheels/tires locally to drive on when not on the track I can get yours mounted down there (I've not been the last few years, do they still have free/cheap tire mounting at the track?) on the rims it came with.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I8NVyZqHWU3kS8rfg79GuJmJ78L1lK4OHCqLnXBk0JoXwSQHox7p1P7NlzDmCxx6