Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
2/4/16 8:34 a.m.

The Adventures forum is a place for you to share your latest road trips and exploits.

Whether you're attempting a cross-country fly-and-drive in a broken Maverick or recapping your latest race weekend, this is the place for you to share your stories and encourage others to join in the fun.

Let's see where you've gone.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
2/4/16 10:38 a.m.

Well, I was just told by a good friend that he wants to buy an El Camino (Chevelle), bring it back to MO, and then restomod it. I naturally offered to help him find and retrieve it! Look forward to adding something here.

Autolex
Autolex Dork
3/14/17 11:29 p.m.

Everyone here needs this: http://grmotorsports.com/assistlist

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
3/29/19 8:05 a.m.

There is a short period of time once Spring hits when everyone is getting their cars out of storage and ready for the season, but events haven't started yet. Last year, I was itching to go for a drive so I planned out a route through PA's twisty back roads, invited my Facebook friends and called it the Pothole 500. 

This year the route has been pre-run more thoroughly and directions are better, so there should be no getting lost or backtracking. laugh We start at Dunkin Donuts and end at Mission BBQ (because I'm not your health coach) with a mix of divided highway, rural 2-lane, and country roads.  Participants should see lots of "Winding Road Next 5 Miles" signs along with cows and vistas and gas wells. We run this Sunday the 31st, so if anyone here is in the area and wants to join, check it out on the book of faces at https://www.facebook.com/events/350302092240886/.  Its a Sunday drive at legal speeds, not a race, just a chance for car people to get together and enjoy driving again after a long winter. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
6/29/19 9:27 a.m.
LynnVang said:

Hello, I am new member. And I've been hooked on riding from last year. Planning a cross country ride in the rain.

"I" also apparently like long canoe paddles

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
6/29/19 10:20 a.m.
NathanCarroll said:

Hallo, riders. How's life? For everyone, who is looking for a perfect trip I can recommend you to visit Europe. There you can rent a car and dive in European road atmosphere. There is a [canoe site] where you can find some places that are really worth to see. A little tip from me: I strongly recommend you to visit a perfect country call Norway. There is a great number of picturesque places from which it takes your breath away from this planet. 

lol, canoe link was for cheap euro destinations.  Not likely with Norway.

MikeBlast1
MikeBlast1 None
2/4/20 10:09 a.m.
Hello everybody! Nice to meet you, my name is Mike, I'm from New Jersey. I just registered, I am interested in talking about trips and find out here the experience of other people. Have a nice day!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Reader
2/4/20 10:23 a.m.

I need to do another road trip.

slantsix
slantsix New Reader
5/12/20 7:58 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

Is there a pothole 500 this year?

I am pretty close out in westmoreland Co. Capable of driving 6 ft away from others!

Greg

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r6Ce9C9vh1JtsZ79GoqqaalJ65VfKsccCXyYlnk7TyrmKkigowBOMNUuWedwKOWR