Chadeux Dork
May 24, 2017 12:21 p.m.

I put a new temp sensor in it and I couldn't get it to replicate the symptoms. But I'm not convinced the weather doesn't have more to do with it than the sensor. The fans did kick on briefly without the AC on which is something I haven't seen it do until this point.

Chadeux Dork
May 27, 2017 12:16 a.m.

Seems like the temp sensor fixed it. Fans work like I think they should. I've been the situation that made it stall/not restart multiple times now and it's been fine.

Chadeux Dork
June 28, 2017 4:25 p.m.

Temp sensor didn't fix it. I drove it to Bowling Green on a not very warm day. It left my stranded, got a ride home on a trailer, and made me an hour late to work. I got angry at it and didn't look at it until today. Took the ignition control module off since that was the best guess anyone had. Turns out there's a crack in the housing around the connector that I believe is the one that gives it power. I have a new one ready to go on as soon as I can figure out where I lost that thermal paste I bought.

Chadeux Dork
Aug. 31, 2017 4:48 p.m.

I found a random piece of wood to use as a hood prop, pulled the upper intake off, found out you still can't get to the cam position sensor that way. So I put it all back together with new gaskets, fixed a couple new vacuum leaks I made. Now it hunts idle with cold but idles at 800rpm when it's warmed up. It's also way down on power and the transmission doesn't seem to want to kick down. Next attack is to come up with a serpentine belt tool then pull the power steering pump off to try getting at the sensor that way.

But the AC still works, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

Show Us Your Shop and Win Prizes

22 hours ago in News

3-car? 1-car? parking lot? We want to see where you mess with your car. Our favorites win some major prizes.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Jaguar E-Type

23 hours ago in News

Looking for an iconic British sports car?

Dreams Before the End of the Road

4 days ago in Articles

Told She Had Just Three Months to Live, Sue Patterson Wanted Only Three Things: a Camel, a Kangaroo, and the ...

Join Our Smoky Mountain Tour

5 days ago in News

How would you like to drive your classic sports car the way you’ve always wished you could?

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Ginetta G4

1 week ago in News

It's a serious vintage racer for sale.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Mint Condition BMW M1

1 week ago in News

An iconic BMW in beautiful Henna Red.

Through the Roof

2 weeks ago in Articles

One of 11 survivors, this hardtop Triumph TR2 embodies the saga of a once-promising Belgian auto industry.

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
lxouZsrnaYEkyjtt5LwIoXReGJO8XGig