DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
3/13/17 8:28 a.m.

Got the truck delivered to the shop so I can do the brake lines. It's snug.

I have to go through the cab to get to the other side.

Next up, lifting the bed so I can replace the rear lines.

This is a rare pic of almost my entire fleet. The Highlander is just outside.

MichaelYount
MichaelYount HalfDork
3/13/17 1:22 p.m.

I love those 'Landers - Highlander, Outlander, Freelander, Uplander. Someone should market the B-lander.

Crackers
Crackers Reader
3/13/17 2:14 p.m.
MichaelYount wrote: I love those 'Landers - Highlander, Outlander, Freelander, Uplander. Someone should market the B-lander.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Crackers
Crackers Reader
3/13/17 2:18 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: Little sanding and a top coat and she's done - until I cut holes in it for air scoops. Sigh. I wish I could easily convey how much stiffer this is than my first attempt.. WAY stiffer.

That is super rad. How much do you have invested in doing all of this twice?

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
3/14/17 8:12 a.m.

Probably $500 in materials.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
3/14/17 8:13 a.m.

Got the hardest brake line on the truck done last night. What a bear. Rust and dirt raining down on me. Great times haha

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
3/16/17 8:41 a.m.

Finished the brakes last night. Up there as one of the worst auto repairs I've had to do.

Just need to bleed the system and then we move on to some welding. I have a new rocker panel to replace the rotted one on the driver's side.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/6/17 2:35 p.m.

Donald Truck got an inspection sticker on Monday Just have a noisy power steering pump to replace and it will be ready to tow.

Today I got a call from customs about a package from the Netherlands and some additional paperwork.

It's either my new JRZ dampers or some super special brownies.

bluej
bluej UltraDork
4/6/17 3:58 p.m.

why not both brownies AND dampeners??

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/7/17 2:09 p.m.
DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/20/17 7:17 a.m.

Well mocking up the dampers turned into more of a job than suspected. The heim joints in my rear coil mounts were thrashed and needed replacing. That took some time to get them out and new ones ordered, but it's all done and I was able to run mockup last night.

The damper bodies are quite large and there isn't a ton of room between it and the hub carrier. I ran the hub through its full range of motion and there was no risk of contact and then did it again with a wheel on the car. All looks well.

I need to order new camber plates for the front so I can do the same process there and then order up my springs. Looks like 8" springs with a helper in the back and likely a 6" spring and helper in the front.

Blazer178
Blazer178 New Reader
4/20/17 5:05 p.m.

Dave just remember that the tire will flex so just make sure you have enough room.............would hate to see them nice new shocks get bent

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/26/17 7:36 a.m.

In reply to Blazer178:

Haha thanks Butch.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/26/17 7:38 a.m.

It's never going to be a show car.

I'm pretty pleased for it being my first large-scale composite project. Lots of lessons learned. Scoops are next.

New New brake masters - these suck to bench bleed since they don't have a reservoir.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/26/17 7:39 a.m.

Oh yeah - new wheels for 2017

Ryed
Ryed New Reader
4/26/17 10:30 a.m.

"It's never going to be a show car."

I'd much rather have a "go" car, than a "show" car. And I do...

Blazer178
Blazer178 New Reader
4/26/17 5:20 p.m.

Hmmmmmmmmmm not a show car but it does look good..........and yes I really like go cars for sure

Blazer178
Blazer178 New Reader
4/26/17 5:24 p.m.

Hey Dave where can I get one of those stickers { in memory of } and if you have one I will be at the auto-s on the may 7

Ryed
Ryed New Reader
4/26/17 8:32 p.m.
Blazer178 wrote: Hey Dave where can I get one of those stickers { in memory of } and if you have one I will be at the auto-s on the may 7

Butch, Don Taylor handed those out at a hillclimb two seasons ago if I recall correctly. If anyone has them it's Don.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/27/17 7:22 a.m.

I think I might have an extra in the tool box. Don would be your best bet though.

Blazer178
Blazer178 New Reader
4/27/17 5:15 p.m.

That figures day late and a dollar short but thanks both of you

Thanks again

Crackers
Crackers Reader
4/27/17 8:35 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: Oh yeah - new wheels for 2017

I almost bought a BMW the other day for a set of these. LOL

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/28/17 2:04 p.m.
Blazer178 wrote: That figures day late and a dollar short but thanks both of you I'm sure we can get another set made up. Ink Factory made them I believe. Thanks again
DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/28/17 2:06 p.m.

Running 17x8 rims means no more takeoffs from my friendly CRX autocrosser - so I ordered a fresh set of the Yokohama Global Rally Cross tires. GRC switched to BF Goodrich tires for 2017 so I got a decent deal.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
5/4/17 12:18 p.m.

My check book is still smoking. New camber plates should arrive today along with new Hyperco main springs.

Meanwhile, at work, my desk looks like this:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zqkhPsbeDEUQzAPAHGqt29T3ilMyxuKRqvFWcWc2xDx5c1g35256b7Vgm1RqoEhN