1 2
Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
9/17/17 9:01 a.m.

I agree with the above that some cars from '80's would be consider more classic (CRX's, Miata, Omni GLH) but most of them (K-cars, minivans, Eldorado's, etc) would not.  And that comes back to time.  20 years ago, you couldn't give away 1966 Impala 4 door or a 4 door 1957 Chevy, but as the more "desirable" models increased in value, those models came up.  In theory, things like first gen Minivan's might be valuable.

The very nice 1g Caravan i own was originally listed for $8k. That's not what i ended up buying it for, but i did also spend $700+ to ship it across the country because there's a near-zero chance of finding a truly nice one anywhere near you. My 1982 Lebaron convertible would be difficult to replace (in comparable condition anyway) for less than $4k (again, plus shipping $$). It would be a bit higher if i wanted plastic woodgrain or a horrendous continental kit! These are not big numbers but i suspect they are much higher than people not paying attention to these cars would suspect. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8sAbkOS6HQAO6vcZPAK6rKX0PhDNtUPy1ax6pKKr8y0vqwaym8CL5CsP0s4RarnA