the staff of Motorsport Marketing
the staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
4/20/15 9:43 a.m.

How would you like a GT car from Maserati that looks like a million bucks, offers room for four adults, and doesn’t resem-ble anything else on the market? Meet the Maserati GranTur-ismo. It’s one of today’s stand-out values. While new ones carry an MSRP north of $132,000, you can buy an early examp…

Read the rest of the story

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
4/20/15 10:48 a.m.

Same situation as many Jaguar models - available surprisingly early at surprisingly decent used prices.

Both share one thing - surprisingly expensive maintenance costs!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
4/20/15 4:16 p.m.

The only modern car I have ever seen on the side of the road on fire is a Maserati. What is worse is I have seen three do that in the last six years or so.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/20/15 6:12 p.m.

Of the cars I would consider buying for 60 grand, a rapidly depreciating used Maserati is VERY low on the list!

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
4/20/15 6:54 p.m.

I'm with aircooled on this one. If I had $60k to spend on a car, it would be pretty low on my list too. I know it shares a lot of Ferrari technology, but what you end up with is a costly exotic that will be fighting for Fiat 500 dollars in a few years.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
4/20/15 7:03 p.m.

still pretty painful to know your $60k will be worth $20k in just a couple more years. What I'm curious about is how low will early GTs go. Thinking some will be sub 10k. Would make a hell of a locost donor.

maseratiguy
maseratiguy Reader
4/20/15 8:54 p.m.

Funny, last car I saw burning on the side of the road was a Camry, go figure. Too bad the Mas didn't come with a manual trans. and yeah, they may depreciate further but still comparable car with say an AM, though I think the AM is better looking, (but no back seat if that's important). Also, yeah it may take a bit of maintenance but would you turn your nose up at a 355, Testarossa, 512BB? with their engine out services?

maseratiguy
maseratiguy Reader
4/20/15 8:54 p.m.

Funny, last car I saw burning on the side of the road was a Camry, go figure. Too bad the Mas didn't come with a manual trans. and yeah, they may depreciate further but still comparable car with say an AM, though I think the AM is better looking, (but no back seat if that's important). Also, yeah it may take a bit of maintenance but would you turn your nose up at a 355, Testarossa, 512BB? with their engine out services?

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
6/5/15 8:50 p.m.

I priced out the new Stingray I want, it came to 60K, so . . .

maseratiguy
maseratiguy Reader
6/10/15 7:40 p.m.

Yes, you could get a new Corvette, of which many are lunching their motors.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vK9JQuR70jObcJd1NJcVTnByboyqvqG0LtyEkiGV9JXfN5vt0WJg0elE2pcagdu5