David S. Wallens Editorial Director
Feb. 7, 2008 8:03 p.m.

Wow, the second Friday in the month comes early. Judging by my calendar, tomorrow is Drive Your Classic to Work day. I know the weather is rough in some parts of the country, but is anyone else up for it?

RSS None
Feb. 7, 2008 8:30 p.m.

Hmmmmm. I thought every day was Drive Your Classic to Work Day. Oh, wait - I have an MGB! They were made to drive every day. Sorry about all you Triumph owners. :grin:

AndreGT6 None
Feb. 7, 2008 8:45 p.m.

Ah no...

I'm chipping ice off the sat dish.

A.:evil:

bowtie6 None
Feb. 7, 2008 10:18 p.m.

bowtie6 was on the road this past weekend and I am plannig to drive it to work tomorrow for sure... 59 degrees predicted high for tomorrow.

joe

Feb. 7, 2008 10:23 p.m.

I drove mine home from work today just so I could drive it to work tomorrow. Actually I store it at work during much of the winter, in the next building over which is empty and my boss owns it. Turbos especially like cold air, so unless it's rainy or snowy, I drive it a lot. '95 Turbo Supra, so I'm not sure mine is a "classic" in the traditional sense like an E-Type, MGB. TR6, GT6, etc. but it is getting older and I'll keep treating it like one, a few more years maybe it'll get more accepted as one.

KaptKaos None
Feb. 8, 2008 12:03 a.m.

I'm not going into the office tomorrow, but I drove my 73 Phoenix Red 914 with a 1911 motor and weber carbs to work today! :nice:

Forgot to take a picture though. :(

I even had the roof off when coming back from a meeting. It was quite nice.

ddavidv None
Feb. 8, 2008 5:29 a.m.

Crappy-ass weather for the next week. It stays in the garage. Maybe if the Brits had learned about galvanizing I could drive it. :idea:

Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
Feb. 8, 2008 9:41 a.m.

Hmmmmm. I thought every day was Drive Your Classic to Work Day. Oh, wait - I have an MGB! They were made to drive every day. Sorry about all you Triumph owners.

Easy Now!

I drove the TR-6 to work today. Granted, I'm in Florida, and my grueling commute is only two miles. But hey, for that 5 minutes my Triumph ran great!

AndreGT6 None
Feb. 8, 2008 8:14 p.m.

I think I'm going to brave the cold temps and play in the garage this weekend.

A.

thebear54 None
Feb. 8, 2008 8:58 p.m.

As long as the snow doesn't fly up here in Vermont I will drive each one of my vintage/collector cars at least once per week. These relics are meant to be driven..and I do.

btsave None
Feb. 11, 2008 8:18 p.m.

Been driving the "Cal Look" '72 Super Beetle to work for the past 4 weeks! Sans the surf board :)

carl french
Feb. 12, 2008 9:25 p.m.

Friday I will drive the GT to work. Just the day before it and the day after etc etc :nice: I am looking forward to taking the GT out in the heavy snow tomorrow. It is great fun

Keith None
Feb. 13, 2008 1:43 p.m.

I would have driven my classic to work last Friday. But I was in Vegas. So I drove a Hyundai Sonata rental through the desert instead. It's a future classic!

Feb. 13, 2008 9:35 p.m.

Philadelphia area is expecting a little break in the weather this Thursday & Friday so I'm going to squeeze in a couple more days of driving. I'm cranking up the boost since I got 10 gallons of Sunoco Supreme 112 octane I need to use up.

dayton None
Feb. 24, 2008 7:21 p.m.

i have driven my 7 to work twice in the 3 years i have worked at gulfstream... i would much rather drive my car on saturday or sunday.. when i can drive for as long as i want and where i want... plus i don't want to park in a crowded parking lot, with a bunch of assholes that could careless about your car!!!

David S. Wallens Editorial Director
Feb. 25, 2008 8:14 p.m.

Hey, I drove the Mini to the office yesterday. (It was Sunday so I'm not sure if that counts.)

AndreGT6 None
Feb. 26, 2008 9:03 a.m.

One thing I will have to do before I even think about doing that with the GT6 is to install my alarm and the bonnet locks.

KaptKaos None
Feb. 26, 2008 10:12 a.m.

Drove my 914 to work yesterday. Will drive it agan today, maybe with the top off too!

Shinsen774 None
March 18, 2008 9:36 p.m.

Weather's getting nice so maybe I'll brave the pollen next month and drive mine! We use snow plows on the pollen around here in the spring. :grin:

pjr300 None
March 21, 2008 3:28 p.m.

I worry less about the snow than I do the salt. I try not to bring out the car until we've had a good rain to wash away that heavy Michigan salt! So, I'm probably looking like a few weeks away.

David Wallens Editorial Director
March 26, 2008 7:29 p.m.

Cool, glad to see others jumping up on the bandwagon. I think I was out of town during March's second Friday. Hopefully I'll be here for April's. You guys will all be joining me out there, right?

Coupefan None
March 26, 2008 8:18 p.m.

Drove my X1/9 today (and yesterday, and the day before...hey, it gets good gas mileage). The top comes off in March and goes back on in October.

Shinsen774 None
April 9, 2008 9:16 p.m.

They're calling for rain here on the second Friday, again. Looking for May now.

David Wallens Editorial Director
April 9, 2008 11:06 p.m.

Bummer. Looks like we'll have sunny skies.

April 10, 2008 6:50 a.m.

I drove my 85.5 Spider to work the other day. It was the first time out of the garage since October. It ran great and the brakes even worked too. :grin:

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Ever Seen a Nissan Figaro?

2 days ago in News

These cars we only available for one model year, and only in Japan.

Get Your Subscription Combo Deals!

2 days ago in News

Get both our magazines for the price of one!

All-American Icon: A Camaro We Met at Sebring

3 days ago in Articles

Like many IMSA GT cars of the ’80s and ’90s, it’s based on a tube-frame chassis.

Restoration Impossible: Ordering the Final Parts

4 days ago in Project Cars

We order the last of the needed parts to complete our Lotus Elan restoration.

Smoky Mountain Tour: Enjoying America's Best Driving Roads

5 days ago in News

We spent a week enjoying the North Carolina mountains with a group of friends.

Period Perfect Porsche

5 days ago in Articles

This Porsche 356 raises the stakes of period correctness to a whole new level.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: A Mini Fit for a Getaway

5 days ago in News

This Mini Cooper S is owned and raced by the stunt driver from "The Italian Job."

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
VO5N9vQx5gjtI6mqj4xI3z2Qt81GrRve