David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/20/17 4:00 p.m.
feature_image

Quick, name the best driving road in North America. You probably picked the Tail of the Dragon.

Located along the North Carolina-Tennessee state line, this mountain road packs 318 curves into its 11-mile length–all without a cross street, driveway or other interruption. It has been a destination f…

Read the rest of the story

APEowner
APEowner HalfDork
7/24/17 9:45 a.m.

I hope that lead photo was taken during an organized photo shoot with the road closed!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
7/24/17 8:46 p.m.

Absolutely!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
7/24/17 8:48 p.m.

This tour was a lot of fun. We had a really fun group this year. The folks in the Daytona turned out to be two of the most fun.

APEowner
APEowner HalfDork
7/25/17 9:44 a.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: This tour was a lot of fun. We had a really fun group this year. The folks in the Daytona turned out to be two of the most fun.

It's been my experience that Ferrari owners that actually drive their cars a usually just regular car guys (and girls) with larger than average toy budgets.

Dogdish
Dogdish New Reader
7/26/17 11:41 a.m.
APEowner wrote:
Tim Suddard wrote: This tour was a lot of fun. We had a really fun group this year. The folks in the Daytona turned out to be two of the most fun.
It's been my experience that Ferrari owners that actually drive their cars a usually just regular car guys (and girls) with larger than average toy budgets.

Leah and I had a great time. Tim, Tom, Nancy and Rick put on a first class event. Lots of REALLY great roads.....even better food, drinks and conversation.

It's a driver quality car with fender flares, rust bubbles, imperfect paint and door dings. mechanically as safe and reliable as I can make it.

Thanks again for a fun week, looking forward to another. Bill

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/26/17 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Dogdish:

It looks like a beauty in that pic and I bet it is fun to drive. I'd just be happy to hear it drive by.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
7/26/17 1:37 p.m.

I need to get the RX3 together so I can run either this event or the Orange Blossom Tour with you guys.

APEowner
APEowner HalfDork
7/26/17 2:14 p.m.
Dogdish wrote: It's a driver quality car with fender flares, rust bubbles, imperfect paint and door dings. mechanically as safe and reliable as I can make it.

Awesome! While I appreciate concours quality cars (and have contributed to the building of some) they don't get me excited like cars that get driven.

wannacruise
wannacruise New Reader
7/27/17 8:27 a.m.

Hey Dogdish, it was an absolutely great event and all the team did a swell job of it. It was great getting to know you an Leah for a little while. I absolutely love your car as well. The sound of the V12 can't be beat. Not even by my Healey. ha ha. And yeh, they're meant to be driven. Dave.

Dogdish
Dogdish New Reader
7/28/17 7:53 a.m.

Dave, Nice meeting you and your wife. Very cool Healy, with that great 6 cyl howl. We'll try and do another sometime and hope to see both you again soon.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nPugjB7wPDJexXBb2e5UgI68UC65goMd80lgVemFzUWirkPEXEOeb9cokJ4b1EOe