Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
Aug. 4, 2017 12:59 p.m.
feature_image

Coming to Monterey for Car Week? You might be able to enjoy a special screening of "McLaren," the incredible story of Bruce McLaren, the legendary racing champion, designer, engineer and founder of the iconic supercar brand that bears his name.

Scheduled for 8:30 p.m. Pacific on Friday, August 18, the film will be shown at the historic Golden State Theater in downtown Monterey, California. Tickets are available at McLarenFilmusa.com.

Read the rest of the story

alfadriver MegaDork
Aug. 7, 2017 7:17 a.m.

It's a great movie- go see it.

Any word of guest speakers for the event?

Tim Suddard Publisher
Aug. 7, 2017 8:54 p.m.

Not sure about guest speakers, but Margie and I have invited Peter and Gayle Brock as our guests for the Monterey showing.

alfadriver MegaDork
Aug. 8, 2017 7:45 a.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard:

Tim Press a little harder. We had a mechanic that had been with Bruce since the beginning. And the movie's produce and director- which had some more insight. It added a lot to the viewing of the movie. And I know he lives in Indiana, just can't recall his name.

Another contemporary of Bruce's you should try to get is Dan Gurney. He was doing the same thing at the same time. And he's from California.

It's a great movie, and I'm quite sure you will love it. We were really moved.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

My Racing Rules

2 days ago in Articles

Like most of us, Classic Motorsports Publisher Tim Suddard is obsessed with cars and racing.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Peter Brock's Ultimate Datsun 510

4 days ago in News

Classic looks and 300 horsepower built by a legend.

Show Us Your Shop Contest: One Week Left

5 days ago in News

3-car? 1-car? parking lot? We want to see where you mess with your car. Our favorites win some major prizes.

Forgotten Fiberglass

1 week ago in Articles

In the ’50s and ’60s, the resin revolution turned dreamers into car manufacturers.

Restoration Impossible: An Alternator That Looks Like a Generator

1 week ago in Project Cars

Lotus Elans are legendary for electric gremlins.

Tech Tips: Jaguar E-Type

1 week ago in Articles

A sophisticated, achingly beautiful two-seater with Ferrari-like performance at an affordable price.

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
7xV4XT8SKU1wQoV3SSRO9OVP1Ph2iCs7