The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
5/16/17 2:16 p.m.

Life was different in 1952. A third of the families in the U.S. had no telephone, and just three out of five owned a car. A couple of big newsmakers that year were Dwight D. Eisenhower’s election as president of the United States and the maiden voyage of Britain’s De Havilland Comet 1, the first co…

Read the rest of the story

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Dork
5/16/17 4:52 p.m.

Neat nose treatment, at first glance has a little AC Ace to it . . . maybe just a smidge.

LOVE to maybe duplicate that nose in fiberglass for my MGA project.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy Dork
5/16/17 5:28 p.m.

Bee-yooo-te-ful.

frenchyd
frenchyd Reader
5/21/17 10:05 a.m.

In reply to The Staff of Motorsport Marketing: I believe I saw this car (pre-restoration) racing with myself and Sir Stirling Moss in the 1986 Bahama vintage event with it's then 87 year old owner. He did a magnificent job of avoiding the massively faster cars and yet getting everything he could out of that little XPAG engine.. I'll have to find my video to confirm details..

If it was this one he drove the car from New England (in the very late fall) to the Bahama's raced and returned.. A proper vintage racer!

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/22/17 5:41 p.m.

Just recently viewed a repeat of 'chasing classic cars' where Wayne C is running the elegant 1958 Tojeiro Climax in a hill climb event in Pennsylvania. John T definitely had the eye for that special 'look'.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1MKF2fO2OQztvFyJMfWFRLfPSCEAhWrwgvp6K63uCjmzZHW95lsWS91Ohjl7JzzF