Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/10/17 8:15 p.m.

We just had the last conference call for planning packing and transport down.

E36 M3 just got real for me. Can't tell if im excited or scared, but either way ill see y'all Wednesday night of next week!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Reader
10/10/17 8:50 p.m.

looking over the list, I'll be interested to see how the battle of the EconoBoxes shakes out... Integra, Corolla, Corolla?

plus, all the trucks.I mean... amongst all the other things to follow... trucks, Duster, Stampie, O&F, Andy, parking lot, saab... gah surprise

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/10/17 8:52 p.m.

I just accidentally made more work and ripped some paint off the car

Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
10/10/17 9:18 p.m.

Well, most of today sucked and I didn’t get things done when planned and had some annoying setbacks... but now there’s at least a light at the end of the tunnel.

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
10/10/17 9:28 p.m.
Ashyukun said:

Well, most of today sucked and I didn’t get things done when planned and had some annoying setbacks... but now there’s at least a light at the end of the tunnel.

Did you get the IC?

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
10/11/17 8:30 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Ringer?  It must be Ed Malle!

Meanwhile...

Just registered yesterday, in the cheap seats will be a $1008 multi-national effort of The South, The North, The Great North and The Caribbean as Randolph, Welsh and Gameboy bring this Ford Probe (build thread) sporting number ZERO as a reminder to all of it's purchase price.  

I'm coming for you Stampie!  devil

It's going to be bitter sweet beating you in a Q45.  I've seen what was in the trunk so I know the autocross results will be the deciding factor. What'll be interesting is how close you can get to our taillights in the drags. 

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/11/17 8:57 p.m.

i all ready now i am going to be in the bottom 6 i think. everyone after me will have at least one dnf for sure. thats how its been the other times.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
10/11/17 9:18 p.m.

In reply to ckosacranoid :

Funny but tonight we were talking and I said our goal is to not DNF any event. If we don't DNF we should be ok. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/11/17 9:19 p.m.

It's amusing that the battle for the sub $1008 class is between a free ford probe and a $50 q45.  

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/11/17 9:21 p.m.

Hell with DNF. i just don't want DFL.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
10/11/17 9:21 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

It's funny the battle for the sub $1008 class is between a free ford probe and a $50 q45.  

There's always the dark horse showing up and surprising everyone. 

Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
10/11/17 9:32 p.m.
Robbie said:
Ashyukun said:

Did you get the IC?

Yes that was  a good point. Thanks!

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/12/17 8:17 a.m.
Stampie said:
John Welsh said:

Ringer?  It must be Ed Malle!

Meanwhile...

Just registered yesterday, in the cheap seats will be a $1008 multi-national effort of The South, The North, The Great North and The Caribbean as Randolph, Welsh and Gameboy bring this Ford Probe (build thread) sporting number ZERO as a reminder to all of it's purchase price.  

I'm coming for you Stampie!  devil

It's going to be bitter sweet beating you in a Q45.  I've seen what was in the trunk so I know the autocross results will be the deciding factor. What'll be interesting is how close you can get to our taillights in the drags. 

Stampie,

Last year's issue says you put down a 14.4 drag time.  I think the Probe could get at or near that.  But, if I remember correctly, you have changed out the rear end gears for this year...interesting!  

Reminder: at some point lets get these two lined up on the strip next to each other!

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
10/12/17 8:22 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I thought you'd never ask. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/12/17 9:56 a.m.

... and the trash talking begins!laugh

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/12/17 10:06 a.m.

Yup. Theres an amc coming to kick ass on the c4 and q45. And lay a hurting on a probe.

laugh

My target is front runner of the back markers.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/12/17 10:10 a.m.

I ran a 15.4 with a stock probe gt in 1997 at Gainesville.  This one has a cai and headers.  I will be happy with a 15.0

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/12/17 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I'll bet you're in a strong position for Rookie of the Year!   You've got a heck of an entry going for a first timer.   You've put in a huge effort.  I mostly know this because I stood next and witnessed the AMC before you lifted a finger.  The only thing that remains remotely the same is the color.  

However, you will have to contend with Pete G and the brown C4 as a rookie entrant also.  He could give you a battle.  Either way, the spectators win!  

These are the" races within the race" that I enjoy so much.  Sure, overall is awesome but I also hinge on Rookie, Pickup, $1008, etc.  

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
10/12/17 10:42 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Thanks. I didn't want to be rude and ask what's been done to it. I will say that we did some bench racing last night and it'll be fun. Only thing to decide is who has the most fun. 

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
10/12/17 10:44 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

We bench raced you last night also. That looked like a less possibility of fun on our side. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/12/17 11:04 a.m.

Is the AMC half budget as well?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/12/17 11:13 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Nope. We had how to remove the nitrous to keep it under budget

Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
10/12/17 11:49 a.m.

At the moment I think if my entry raced a bench the race would end in a tie by DNF (though the Rampage would be significantly louder while not going anywhere). cheeky

Hopefully that will change later today. I don't expect to be competitive in any class, but will be thrilled simply having the car/truck there and making it through the weekend without any uncontrolled spontaneous combustion.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
10/12/17 2:44 p.m.

We're in rough shape. We finally started working on it over the weekend. At least we got it started after it sitting forlorn and half torn apart in an open storage lot for 5+ years.  That said, it's missing most of the interior, the trans has to be replaced, the head gasket has to be replaced, the brakes are a giant question mark, and the steering rack leaks like a sieve.  We're gonna have to Roadkill the crap out of this thing to get it there, and if we do, it'll probably be one of the rattiest cars there.  Wish us luck.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
10/12/17 2:48 p.m.

Btw, anyone know of another hotel alternative near the host hotel?  I wanted to drive up Thursday, but they don't have any availability for Thursday night. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ulMOwMsDthd1CGwT0axJ4Uw8VJG1kbMNZW2hqvJc4KC0AqAEXi9HgdeaGw0S2UTs