eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
10/13/17 9:32 p.m.

The truck still hasn't moved under it's own power.  If it doesn't tomorrow, I suspect I'll be bringing the backup car.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
10/13/17 9:35 p.m.

Even though I'm not coming down this year, I sure do enjoy reading all of these updates!  Hoping I'll be back next year, possibly with a couple friends!

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/13/17 9:51 p.m.

One is ready, two to go...

Worked on budget sheets tonight as well.  Tomorrow I will get the other two buttoned up.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/13/17 10:10 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

The thin blue line is a nice touch!  Looks great.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/13/17 10:18 p.m.

I figured it was appropriate given my line of work cheeky

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/13/17 11:11 p.m.

Budget sheet is pissing me off.  Open office crashed mid spreadsheet and lost everything, need to do it all over.  

Loading tomorrow.  

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
10/14/17 12:25 a.m.
pimpm3 said:

I wish I hope I make it with my s10. It wont look as nice as yours.crying

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/14/17 6:35 a.m.

In reply to GVX19 :

Do you still need me to bring those wheels?  Trying to confirm with everyone that wanted things so I don't overpack

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/14/17 8:52 a.m.

Hmmmm ... 

If I can keep the numbers, sub class here I come to be last! LOL.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/14/17 1:13 p.m.

Is there still a Challenge banquet/dinner of sorts? I sort of barnacled onto a team and now I'm wondering if I'm going to be the guy standing in the lobby listening to laughter through the doors.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
10/14/17 1:26 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce :

Yes, hopefully you can still get a ticket, but I'd suggest you email Rick or Ed about it ASAP. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/14/17 2:02 p.m.
mazdeuce said:

Is there still a Challenge banquet/dinner of sorts? I sort of barnacled onto a team and now I'm wondering if I'm going to be the guy standing in the lobby listening to laughter through the doors.

Yup.  Go to GRM store here and can order banquet ticket.  Includes Friday evening BBQ and Saturday banquet.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/14/17 2:25 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:
mazdeuce said:

Yup.  Go to GRM store here and can order banquet ticket.  Includes Friday evening BBQ and Saturday banquet.

You're awesome. Totally sitting at your table. laugh

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/14/17 3:03 p.m.
mazdeuce said:
Ovid_and_Flem said:
mazdeuce said:

You're awesome. Totally sitting at your table. laugh

I see how its gonna be. Sleep with us, but wont be seen in public....

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/14/17 7:55 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I'm pretty sure the team shirts are going to give me away. They're awesome by the way. laugh

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/14/17 7:57 p.m.

Awsome!

Just felt like giving you a hard time. Not intended to actually offend.

Were you able to get tickets for the feast?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/14/17 8:19 p.m.

Yes, bought a ticket. The email says they'll deliver it. Not sure how that's going to work but I put "for mazdeuce" in the message and I figure that'll do.

Not offended. I was trying figure out how to say "it's not like that" but every time I typed it I added "baby" to the end and that sounded awkward. laugh

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 New Reader
10/14/17 8:56 p.m.

Trailer now has working brakes and bearings, found some scraps to make an intake pipe out of, found some red paint that looks Volkswageny enough, purchased industrial quantities of real PA made Yuengling, mounted drag slicks, trolling Craigslist offering $8.50 for every semi complete nitrous system I come across. I'm nearing complete preparation for this event

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
10/14/17 9:08 p.m.

Lots of good happened today. Every project except one turned out well. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/15/17 8:06 a.m.

Car loaded.  Now to assemble the track tool kit and get everyone's parts loaded.  And clean out the truck.  

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/15/17 10:51 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce :

Last year "tickets" were wristbands given to you at registration.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/15/17 11:09 a.m.
mazdeuce said:

Yes, bought a ticket. The email says they'll deliver it. Not sure how that's going to work but I put "for mazdeuce" in the message and I figure that'll do.

Not offended. I was trying figure out how to say "it's not like that" but every time I typed it I added "baby" to the end and that sounded awkward. laugh

They'll be at registration thursday in hotel lobby or track friday morning 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/15/17 1:19 p.m.

Spreadsheet done.  The dipstick was safe last year, its a goner this year.  Pulling dipstick and popping a cap on the tube is $18.97, got me back down under $2017 by $3.  surprise  only other way to get that much back would be using the old plug wires

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
10/15/17 1:30 p.m.

Car's ready, trailer prepped, book almost done but I can't find a download for the "$2017 Challenge Vehicle Information Form". I've got a hard copy I could fill out by hand, but that doesn't seem too professional. Anyone know where to find it?

sleepyhead
sleepyhead HalfDork
10/15/17 1:51 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk :

from over in the Supreme Court thread, thanks to stafford1500:
stafford1500 said:

Link to the info form noted in the rules:

https://classicmotorsports.com/media/img/2017challenge/2017challenge_info_form.pdf

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A2iKmTygprUeLwrwzhab1EdPww0zzFs9BEVhaYfkcN4FfKiEKGp1Fh1k3G21f6Go