Furious_E Dork
March 1, 2017 3:44 p.m.

40.1813005, -77.2643077

Carlisle, PA, right off I-81 and not far from the PA Turnpike either.

3 car garage, basic hand tools, some air tools, crappy HF welder, no tow vehicle or trailer, but usually plenty of beer. I'm a pretty novice mechanic compared to most on here, but I can take direction and occasionally offer input.

pheller PowerDork
March 1, 2017 3:45 p.m.

35°05'12.5"N 111°39'57.8"W 35.086806, -111.666041

I can assist with tools and a set of hands along I-40 or I-17 near Flagstaff, but my garage isn't very big.

Autolex Dork
March 1, 2017 3:55 p.m.
trucke wrote: Is this something that can be put on the menu page. If someone needs help the last thing they want to do is try to remember the name of this thread.

grmotorsports.com/assistlist

Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
March 1, 2017 4:23 p.m.

52°09'31.7"N 106°39'48.6"W

Saskatoon.

fasted58 MegaDork
March 1, 2017 8:07 p.m.

39°54'23.2"N 79°44'22.4"W, 39.906452, -79.739551

Zip 15401 @ 119/40, 43 & 51. 1 hr SSE of Pgh., .5 hr N of I-68 Cheat Lake, .5 hr to 51/ I-70.

Garage and carport work space, off street parking to drop a trailer. Jacks, stands. Power, hand and air tools. Compressor, MIG, O/A, shop press, BFH. O'reily's, AA, AZ, Lowe's, HD and HF all local. No trailer now, can maybe rescue tow w/ GMC Canyon diesel (7K). Sevin too fore double 8 won twee, text or leave message.

akamcfly Dork
March 1, 2017 8:47 p.m.

48.362953, -89.278224

Thunder Bay. No garage but many tools (incl MIG and Impacts), hot and cold running water and an old fat smelly dog.

Lugnut Dork
March 2, 2017 2:56 p.m.

42.204636, -87.810297 Highwood, IL Off-site garage with not many tools in Chicago.

GSmith HalfDork
March 2, 2017 4:16 p.m.

39.810217, -77.573849

Just north of here (but this is a good place to grab a bite!). I have basic hand tools and air... and a disastrous mess of a garage. Paved driveway & concrete pad to work on.

I also have a 2-wheel tow dolly and occasionally, a tow vehicle to pull it.

GSmith HalfDork
March 2, 2017 4:18 p.m.

How did I not know about the 'live' map before? WAY COOL!

T.J. UltimaDork
March 3, 2017 7:37 a.m.

Please add me.

33.92, -78.19

I can offer some tools, no lift or welder, maybe a beer and some moral support.

Autolex Dork
March 5, 2017 10:51 p.m.
petegossett wrote: In reply to Autolex: I guess I should add my new location now that I learned about the GPS coordinates 30.396710, -88.911451

Added.

Grtechguy wrote: I don't think I've ever entered my info here. SW Grand Rapids, Mi (Jenison) 42°54'02.1"N+85°48'41.5"W is 5 minute walk from my garage (not posting direct address) six1six 2O9 Double Eight Double Two (Google Voice, leave a message and it will txt me) I'm on a computer/smart phone all day with a usually flexible schedule. Most basic hand tools, jacks, small welders, air tools. Pretty well stacked garage of chaos.

Added with General Area, Coordinates provided are in the NY, NY area, don't seem to mesh with Mi area.

trucke wrote: trucke is located at 35.381400, -82.525432 Not much help, but I know people in the area.

Added.

pushrod36 wrote: 37.473056, -77.525061 3 car garage, hand tools, jacks, fabrication tools, welder, spare bedroom. No towing ability. eight zero four two four one nine two five eight

Added.

Furious_E wrote: 40.1813005, -77.2643077 Carlisle, PA, right off I-81 and not far from the PA Turnpike either. 3 car garage, basic hand tools, some air tools, crappy HF welder, no tow vehicle or trailer, but usually plenty of beer. I'm a pretty novice mechanic compared to most on here, but I can take direction and occasionally offer input.

Added.

pheller wrote: 35°05'12.5"N 111°39'57.8"W 35.086806, -111.666041 I can assist with tools and a set of hands along I-40 or I-17 near Flagstaff, but my garage isn't very big.

Added.

Streetwiseguy wrote: 52°09'31.7"N 106°39'48.6"W Saskatoon.

Added.

fasted58 wrote: 39°54'23.2"N 79°44'22.4"W, 39.906452, -79.739551 Zip 15401 @ 119/40, 43 & 51. 1 hr SSE of Pgh., .5 hr N of I-68 Cheat Lake, .5 hr to 51/ I-70. Garage and carport work space, off street parking to drop a trailer. Jacks, stands. Power, hand and air tools. Compressor, MIG, O/A, shop press, BFH. O'reily's, AA, AZ, Lowe's, HD and HF all local. No trailer now, can maybe rescue tow w/ GMC Canyon diesel (7K). Sevin too fore double 8 won twee, text or leave message.

Added.

akamcfly wrote: 48.362953, -89.278224 Thunder Bay. No garage but many tools (incl MIG and Impacts), hot and cold running water and an old fat smelly dog.

Added.

Lugnut wrote: 42.204636, -87.810297 Highwood, IL Off-site garage with not many tools in Chicago.

Added.

GSmith wrote: 39.810217, -77.573849 Just north of here (but this is a good place to grab a bite!). I have basic hand tools and air... and a disastrous mess of a garage. Paved driveway & concrete pad to work on. I also have a 2-wheel tow dolly and occasionally, a tow vehicle to pull it.

Added.

T.J. wrote: Please add me. 33.92, -78.19 I can offer some tools, no lift or welder, maybe a beer and some moral support.

Added.

Blitzed306 HalfDork
March 15, 2017 8:47 p.m.

How do I find my coordinates?

Robbie UberDork
March 16, 2017 10:54 a.m.

In reply to Blitzed306:

Go to google maps, right click on your location, and select "what's here?"

Please add me!

41.532648, -87.645846

tools, couch, beer, patient ears

BMWGeoff
BMWGeoff New Reader
March 16, 2017 10:58 a.m.

Since there's virtually no one in southern Ontario, I'll add myself.

43.900441 and -78.918064 (I'm about 5 minutes north of highway 401 in Whitby, east of Toronto).

I have a wide selection of hand tools and some small electric tools. I'm also a licensed auto tech with previous Ford dealer experience. Limited garage space, subject to the presence of my father's Lotus. Multiple salvage yards within 15-20 minutes, as well as various parts retailers and dealerships for most manufacturers.

March 16, 2017 11:04 a.m.

Add me too:

40.2653114,-83.0786619

I have a messy garage, hand tools, couch, beer and tunes.

Recon1342 New Reader
March 28, 2017 11:04 p.m.

Twin Falls, Idaho

42.5601429,-114.4520259

I've got a garage, access to a shop and welder, trailer if needed, as well as tow vehicles and tools. I've also got recovery gear if you find yourself in the ditch near here.

Text two zero eight nine six nine zero nine zero zero, let me know your screen handle and tell me you're from GRM. I'm available most mornings, work evenings...

Autolex Dork
March 29, 2017 11:15 p.m.
Robbie wrote: In reply to Blitzed306: Please add me! 41.532648, -87.645846 tools, couch, beer, patient ears

Added.

BMWGeoff wrote: Since there's virtually no one in southern Ontario, I'll add myself. 43.900441 and -78.918064 (I'm about 5 minutes north of highway 401 in Whitby, east of Toronto). I have a wide selection of hand tools and some small electric tools. I'm also a licensed auto tech with previous Ford dealer experience. Limited garage space, subject to the presence of my father's Lotus. Multiple salvage yards within 15-20 minutes, as well as various parts retailers and dealerships for most manufacturers.

Added.

Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: Add me too: 40.2653114,-83.0786619 I have a messy garage, hand tools, couch, beer and tunes.

Added.

Recon1342 wrote: Twin Falls, Idaho 42.5601429,-114.4520259 I've got a garage, access to a shop and welder, trailer if needed, as well as tow vehicles and tools. I've also got recovery gear if you find yourself in the ditch near here. Text two zero eight nine six nine zero nine zero zero, let me know your screen handle and tell me you're from GRM. I'm available most mornings, work evenings...

Added.

AngryCorvair UltimaDork
April 3, 2017 3:16 p.m.

GRM'er needs help near ID-UT border:

Dead truck need help

m4ff3w UberDork
April 3, 2017 3:30 p.m.

Add me to the list, in South Austin: 30°12'38.9"N 97°47'13.2"W

two1oh-3fourthree-OhsixtynineOh

I have tools, guest bed, vino, and stuff.

TeamMC
TeamMC New Reader
April 3, 2017 10:15 p.m.

What's the current status? I am located outside Boise idaho. Work on the 4th, but can be available on Wednesday the 5th. If needed can find a truck that can haul a trailer. My son, who may or may not have been piloting our aspiring 2016 challenge car at the time, had the ocassion to experience a blown engine in almost the exact same location last summer. With not much more than a stick, a rock and a big cresent wrench we learned how to push a 4000 lb car up onto a trailer. He is located in Logan Utah currently. I am sure if needed, we could provide a couple somewhat strong backs and weak minds to the effort. My wife would be happy if I enabled someone else in this sort of adventure instead of being the instigator. I am pretty sure we could at the very least get the car to a safe short term parking spot.

FlightService MegaDork
April 4, 2017 8:15 a.m.

Updated coordinates

38.883696, -77.173392

tuna55 MegaDork
April 4, 2017 8:40 a.m.

Travelling in May from SC to Arizona and back and super grateful for this.

2002maniac Dork
April 8, 2017 7:54 p.m.

Please update my coordinates. I was on the map in Southern Utah, but have moved north a few clicks. Please remove the existing entry and add me here:

41.476547,-112.023794

Autolex Dork
April 8, 2017 11:52 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote: Add me to the list, in South Austin: 30°12'38.9"N 97°47'13.2"W two1oh-3fourthree-OhsixtynineOh I have tools, guest bed, vino, and stuff.

Added.

TeamMC wrote: What's the current status? I am located outside Boise idaho. Work on the 4th, but can be available on Wednesday the 5th. If needed can find a truck that can haul a trailer. My son, who may or may not have been piloting our aspiring 2016 challenge car at the time, had the ocassion to experience a blown engine in almost the exact same location last summer. With not much more than a stick, a rock and a big cresent wrench we learned how to push a 4000 lb car up onto a trailer. He is located in Logan Utah currently. I am sure if needed, we could provide a couple somewhat strong backs and weak minds to the effort. My wife would be happy if I enabled someone else in this sort of adventure instead of being the instigator. I am pretty sure we could at the very least get the car to a safe short term parking spot.

Added.

FlightService wrote: Updated coordinates 38.883696, -77.173392

Updated.

2002maniac wrote: Please update my coordinates. I was on the map in Southern Utah, but have moved north a few clicks. Please remove the existing entry and add me here: 41.476547,-112.023794

Updated.

madmax908 New Reader
April 13, 2017 10:04 a.m.

Smithtown, NY 11787

40.858759, -73.193322

I've got a garage, decent set of tools, compressor and an enclosed snowmobile trailer.
For bigger problems, I have a good friend with a full repair shop that rebuilds transmissions, understands emergencies, and being stranded far from home.

Text five won six, for to seven, oh for won oh, let me know your screen handle and tell me you're from GRM. I work from home so I'm around alot.

6 7 8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

Show Us Your Shop and Win Prizes

1 day ago in News

3-car? 1-car? parking lot? We want to see where you mess with your car. Our favorites win some major prizes.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Jaguar E-Type

1 day ago in News

Looking for an iconic British sports car?

Dreams Before the End of the Road

5 days ago in Articles

Told She Had Just Three Months to Live, Sue Patterson Wanted Only Three Things: a Camel, a Kangaroo, and the ...

Join Our Smoky Mountain Tour

6 days ago in News

How would you like to drive your classic sports car the way you’ve always wished you could?

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Ginetta G4

1 week ago in News

It's a serious vintage racer for sale.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Mint Condition BMW M1

2 weeks ago in News

An iconic BMW in beautiful Henna Red.

Through the Roof

2 weeks ago in Articles

One of 11 survivors, this hardtop Triumph TR2 embodies the saga of a once-promising Belgian auto industry.

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
ImTTKw144fPcJPhAxcjorctcuSoV0O72