3 4 5 6 7
Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
9/9/17 1:11 p.m.

Paint looks good coming off. You guys do need to be aware of how much camera time your butts are getting. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/9/17 2:14 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Thanks for the motivation.

only question now is will a car converted to a pickup or a real pickup win the pickup class? 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/9/17 3:45 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to Stampie :

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Thanks for the motivation.

only question now is will a car converted to a pickup or a real pickup win the pickup class? 

With the amount supposedly entering I predict an s10

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/9/17 6:30 p.m.

Parking lot 1500 for the win!

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
9/9/17 9:00 p.m.

Fun day! Thanks Robbie for setting it up, buying safety gear and taking care of us. Thanks JW for the pizza!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
9/9/17 9:17 p.m.

Robbie and the rest of the crew, thanks for a great day! 

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
9/9/17 9:18 p.m.

Little Lugnut and I had fun. Glad to help!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
9/9/17 9:20 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
9/9/17 9:25 p.m.
Lugnut said:

Little Lugnut and I had fun. Glad to help!

Can I assume Little Lugnut was the one that flashed the peace sign at the camera? I was sitting here trying to figure out who's who. Y'all need to wear name tags. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
9/9/17 9:27 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
9/9/17 9:29 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
9/9/17 9:30 p.m.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
9/9/17 9:31 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
9/9/17 9:32 p.m.

You guys make some great progress after I left yesterday.  Looking sweet.

drdisque
drdisque HalfDork
9/9/17 9:54 p.m.

Thanks for setting it up, it was a fun time! The tailgate and flying buttresses look great now that they're attached. Looking forward to seeing how the Mid-Gate and bed work out.

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/10/17 12:30 a.m.

Thanks everyone for coming and for support from afar! I'll get more pictures up, and yes there is still plenty to do so tomorrow is on the books in the morning. Text me if you are heading this way Appleseed.

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/10/17 12:32 a.m.

BTW, garage is bc the house is new to us. My mess is still at the old house, I haven't really moved it here yet.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
9/10/17 8:09 a.m.

Re: New house. 

Must be pretty humorous from the perspective of the people living in the neighborhood already.  You, the new guy, isn't even completely moved in yet and you invite over a Band Of  Goons to "ruin a car" right there in the front yard.   The neighbors have reported sparks flying and loud grinding sounds.  

Off to a good start!   

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/10/17 8:37 a.m.

I'll be leaving about 9 from Hanover Park. The Googles say it should take about 45 minutes. Look for me around 10-sh. I'll be sure to throw you that text.

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/10/17 9:07 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Cool, take your time. If you could do 10:30 that would give my wife time to do her full workout while I have the kids.

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/10/17 11:10 a.m.

Aaaand were live again!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/10/17 11:29 a.m.

The saab looks to be a much better platform for a pickup than my Q45. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
9/10/17 11:41 a.m.

Mount 2 rearward facing seats in the bed and you'll have a Saabaroo Brat!cheeky

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/10/17 10:29 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:

Mount 2 rearward facing seats in the bed and you'll have a Saabaroo Brat!cheeky

Don't worry, this was discussed at length. No promises on final product.

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/10/17 10:39 p.m.

Thanks to all who participated, watched, or cheered us on, thanks to you the weekend was a great success.

I will post more details later in the week when I get the photos going and have time to type out the stories, but I want to say right now that I was blown away by the people. Everyone had a can-do attitude, great ideas, and didn't complain when I asked them to do use up a weekend day to cut the roof off an old Saab.

What is really cool to me is that working (especially fabricating) on a car is like solving a series of small problems, and each takes creativity and personality to solve. No two people will do a job the same way. Now, this collective creativity is recorded in a physical thing, a mix of everyone's problem solving skills an abilities. Not only is the car better than if I had done it myself, it is vastly more interesting than if one person did all the work.

I had an incredible time. Thank you for your time, ideas, and busted knuckles. If you ever need anything, let me know!

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jU1VHy0kQvY1yLuOV1EeprThgB4gwoXazFgrnxUitLKxSRMqtUgjBmpwWPtbysIa