1 2
Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/6/17 2:38 p.m.

I have some dash parts from my (RIP) 1987 MR2.  Specifically, I have the flat square plastic thing that goes over the cluster, the plastic cluster surround thing with the wings that stick out for switches and a dash itself.  Is there any demand for these things?    They are starting to be in the way.  If anyone wants them, Free, You Pay Shipping.  No cracks in the plastic.  Dash was pretty clean when removed, no cracks.  Last I looked at it a few months ago it was still intact.  It would be a PITA and somewhat expensive to ship the dash due to its size.  The other 2 pieces wouldn't be too bad, they are bulky but not heavy. 

Ya'll have till next Monday, when they go in the trash.

Tyler H
Tyler H UltraDork
11/6/17 3:34 p.m.

Where are all the 3D printed C-pillar trim pieces that the internet promised?  Is it The Future yet?

BoxheadCougarTim
BoxheadCougarTim MegaDork
11/6/17 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Tyler H :

My guess is that some forum members somewhere complained that they would cost more than five bucks.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
11/6/17 4:25 p.m.

You got a headlight switch that works in all positions?

mrpilot
mrpilot New Reader
11/6/17 5:00 p.m.

I'm interested in the dash depending on what shipping to San Antonio Texas would be.

Feel free to shoot me a pm.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/6/17 5:51 p.m.

Just the dash or the whole thing, dash and 2 big plastic parts?  I'll have to dig the dash out of the shed and check it over again.

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
11/6/17 5:57 p.m.

Hopefully someone takes it.  I trashed half a MR2 a few years back and couldn't give parts away.  I had a complete, crack free '85 interior from my old race car build, and it all went to the dumpster.  angry  I hated doing it but no longer had the room.  Hopefully your parts don't end up with the same fate.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/6/17 7:21 p.m.

In reply to Jim Pettengill :

Don't think I have that switch.  Probably eBay'ed it years ago.  I have one switch and it has a spring (momentary) position to the right, then three positions to the left.  I think it's for the windshield wiper.

mrpilot
mrpilot New Reader
11/6/17 7:27 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess :

I just need the main dash part, my plastic bits are in good shape. Honestly even if it has a crack or two it would still be an improvement over mine laugh

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/6/17 7:57 p.m.

In reply to mrpilot :

OK, I'll check it out later this week.  Last I looked at it, it was dirty and dusty, but otherwise straight/no cracks. 

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/12/17 12:09 p.m.

Dug the dash out of the shed.  17 years of storage gave it one crack.  Here's the pics:

Close up of the crack:

You want it?  I'll have to crate it up.  SWAG on the shipping would be in the $20-30 range.  It's a bit oversize.

mrpilot
mrpilot New Reader
11/12/17 10:15 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess :

Yeah I'll take it, just let me know on the shipping hit and I can paypal you.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/13/17 10:14 a.m.

OK.  I'll get it boxed up and figgered.  I'll PM you when I know more.  Give me a little time on it if there is no rush.

mrpilot
mrpilot New Reader
11/13/17 7:26 p.m.

There's no hurry

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/25/17 9:27 p.m.

Dash is gone.  Hope you like it, Matt.

OK, looking in the box, I found the headlight switch.  Here's what I know about it:  There's a black ring behind a frame at the front of the switch.  I have no idea what that black ring does, but it is cracked where it goes on the shaft.  Dimmer?  Dunno.  I think it is repairable with some super glue and wrapping it with some very fine wire, then maybe some 5 minute epoxy.  Or, you could unscrew the front bridge piece and use the black ring from another switch.  This switch made the headlights come on 17 years ago, no problem.  The headlights were permanently propped in the Up position by the DPO because they let their daughter drive it in Houston and play bumper cars with it.  So, I have no idea if this switch will make the headlights pop up or not.  But, it did work the rest of the lighting circuits.  You want it, Jim?  Your's for shipping.

I also have the windshield wiper switch.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
11/25/17 9:40 p.m.

Yeah, I screwed up when I wrote before, that's what I get for doing several things at once.  I really meant the wiper switch.  Mine doesn't self-park or work on intermittent, which is very common for these.  How much do you want for it?

JP

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/25/17 9:51 p.m.

Shipping.  Give me a few days to box it up and get the shipping figgered.  Just got back from the PRC and I'm tired.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
11/26/17 10:45 a.m.

No hurry - info sent PM.  Cash OK?

JP

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/26/17 11:15 a.m.

Sure, Jim, if you trust the post office.  This is the same USPS that the State of Arkansas Board of Medical Examiners says not to use to send your license renewal in because stuff gets lost.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/26/17 11:57 a.m.

Mr. Dr. Hess,

I would be interested in the headlight switch,  if it hasn't been claimed. What do you need for it, shipped to 62258, and do you take paypal?

The broken dimmer wheel sounds like a great job for my new 3d printer! 

Thanks 

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/26/17 12:55 p.m.

Sure, James, it's your's.  Dunno on the shipping yet.  Give me a couple days, guys, and I'll get them boxed and figgered.  Paypal is fine.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
11/26/17 11:19 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess :

No problem, I live in a town of 900 people and know the postman.  I have more trouble with UPS.

JP

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/8/17 12:32 p.m.

Jims:

Switches went out USPS today. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/8/17 6:09 p.m.

Thanks so much!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/11/17 5:34 p.m.

OK, I received the switch! So awesome, thanks a lot!!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hFeMUgO6HjAZQRRXq91WXEpmD78h9RjKpvlO5zg09GhDQuUWgxXFm0V6diIsjAZ6