1 2
EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
6/7/17 8:28 a.m.

Registration for the Ohio Valley/Western Ohio/Cincinnati combined rallycross is now open. The event is on June 24.

Since there isn't an events forum hopefully this is an appropriate place to post this.

Registration and details available on Motorsportreg HERE.

Ohio Valley Region Rallycross PE# 3

Saturday, June 24th, 2017

Bitzer's Farm

1697 Upper Twin Rd, Greenfield, OH 45123

Greenfield, OH

Schedule:

8:00AM-9:30AM Walk-in Registration ($10 Late Fee Applies)

8:00AM-9:30AM Online Registration Check-in

8:00AM-9:30AM Tech Inspection open

8:45AM-9:30AM Course open for walking

9:45AM-10:00AM Mandatory All Driver's Meeting

10:00AM First Heat Workers report

10:10AM First heat drivers report to grid

10:15AM First car on course

After last car - Trophy Presentation

stan
stan UltraDork
6/7/17 10:02 a.m.

Dang and I'm out of town that week...

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
6/7/17 10:07 a.m.

Here is the rest of the schedule so you can plan ahead.

July 22
August 26
September 16
October 28

All in Greenfield, OH. We may have an additional event announced later since the first event was rained out.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
6/7/17 10:32 a.m.

First one rained out, last one missed while working for the Humane Society event, I needs to see how bad I am in a new (to me) car.

stan
stan UltraDork
6/7/17 1:54 p.m.
EvanB wrote: Here is the rest of the schedule so you can plan ahead. July 22 August 26 September 16 October 28 All in Greenfield, OH. We may have an additional event announced later since the first event was rained out.

Cool!

Thanks Evan.

wae
wae Dork
6/7/17 2:11 p.m.

Hopefully my new axles will be ready by then!

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
6/7/17 5:25 p.m.
wae wrote: Hopefully my new axles will be ready by then!

If not, you can just wait until you straighten the steering wheel to press down on the loud pedal...

wae
wae Dork
6/7/17 8:04 p.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

I'm a human being damnit. I adjust the environment to suit me. Not the other way around.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
6/7/17 9:18 p.m.
EvanB wrote: Here is the rest of the schedule so you can plan ahead. July 22 August 26 September 16 October 28 All in Greenfield, OH. We may have an additional event announced later since the first event was rained out.

And July 7-9 when yall better be here outside DC for the Eastern Championships!

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
6/7/17 9:24 p.m.

In reply to wae:

I try to do that but they keep adding 2 seconds for every cone I move to a more advantageous position.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
6/7/17 9:26 p.m.
irish44j wrote:
And July 7-9 when yall better be here outside DC for the Eastern Championships!

Not going to do a four day event with only one or two rallycrosses in the season, sorry! It takes me three or four to remember how to drive...

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
7/20/17 12:53 p.m.
Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
7/20/17 9:34 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

That's cute. "...scattered thunderstorms. High 89F. Chance of rain 60%." But hey, I showed up for the first one in April that a total monsoon.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
7/20/17 9:38 p.m.

In reply to Jerry:

welcometoohio.jpg

The thing that really sucks isn't when it rains when it is 90 degrees. It is when it rains when it is 90 degrees and the rain evaporates before it ever hits the ground. Then you don't get the temporary cooling benefit of a good solid thunderstorm, you just get a period of extra high humidity to let you know that it rained a couple thousand feet up.

Relevant to thread, definitely not making this. We're in the end of a kind of Hell Month and it's going to be working weekends until August. Not that I have a car to drive anyway, the Mazda finally ate a coolant seal and has a righteous misfire until it's fully warmed up, for now. Bright side, between some bills getting paid off, the OT from this month, and a raise I may probably be getting, car #2 may be rallycrossable as soon as next month, maybe...

stan
stan UltraDork
7/21/17 7:21 a.m.

And...I'm out of town again. I blame the wife.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
7/21/17 9:31 a.m.

Between buying the tractor and midohio next weekend my fun budget is pretty depleted. I wish i could make it. I bet i would have the fastest beretta there.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
7/23/17 9:39 a.m.

New building's pallet racks weren't delivered on time, allowing me a free weekend. So, this is what breaking 32 seconds on the afternoon course in a front-driver looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/C6qsBaDCXBo

Dropping the rear shock adjusters to minimum and the rear air pressure to extremely-low made hitting bumps with the rear upset the front less. Was still getting a lot of in-lift in the front around tight corners. Having more front droop travel would be very nice but I won't want to go down that road with this car.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
8/27/17 8:57 p.m.

Another rad-ass Ohio rallycross (51 entries? At a regional??) and yet more self promotive video whoring.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SqA36btKF3g

What it looks like when you enter a turnaround without lifting at all because you figure, hell, I'll just throw it in and Ragnotti my way around the corner, and then hit a bump hard and get all four wheels off and land semi-sideways on the outside tires

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/27/17 10:54 p.m.

I would have loved to have gone to this one but I was hosting my dad's 80th birthday at my house. Hopefully the next one!

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
8/28/17 2:38 a.m.
gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
9/1/17 7:12 a.m.

This upcoming two day event, tell me if im understanding this correctly. Saturday and sunday are two seperate events, as far as timing and points are concerned, correct?

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
9/1/17 7:59 a.m.
gearheadmb wrote: This upcoming two day event, tell me if im understanding this correctly. Saturday and sunday are two seperate events, as far as timing and points are concerned, correct?

You are correct, two separate events.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/5/17 7:45 a.m.

Registration is up HERE for the 2 day event September 16 and 17, you can do both days or just one.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
9/11/17 10:00 a.m.

Is the price and everything the same for walk up registration?  I want to compete but i dont know for sure if i will be able to make it, and probably wont know until friday night.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/11/17 12:19 p.m.

Price is the same for walk up with the standard $10 late fee added. So $50 per day or $75 for both. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pLA4efsfq8OgZd0qtPkbeBA1iN38IcIoOrrK6e3VKv4kaJbinJHDXY0lilKWrE5c