1 2 3
yupididit
yupididit Dork
8/17/17 5:28 p.m.
dannyzabolotny wrote: Nice score! The 7.3's go for crazy high money in Arizona, the people here love lifting them and tuning them to be fast. If I were to buy an excursion I'd buy the one with the V10. It's not as fuel efficient, but gas engines are easier to work on and I'm super familiar with the Ford modular engine.

I was looking for a v10 at first. The v10 is as reliable as the 7.3 I think.

yupididit
yupididit Dork
8/17/17 5:29 p.m.
93gsxturbo wrote: In reply to yupididit: You can get the Bilstein 5100s for about $100 less, I don't really need the adjustability. Anything else I am missing on Rancho vs Bilstein? I have always been a Bilstein guy.

I had 5100's on my 06 F350 and I liked them. But, they're more suited for a slightly lifted or 4x4 truck. I wanted to try out the Rancho as I heard this model rides smoother than the 5100's. It was between these Ranchos and 4600's.

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
8/17/17 5:51 p.m.
A 401 CJ wrote: The only place in the US I've seen as bad as Cali is Hawaii. It makes sense that HI has high gas prices. Kali? Not so much

Gas Taxes.

Also I have HI beat and we have oil everywhere.

I really wish somebody would make an Excursion type vehicle again. I loved the old Suburbans with diesels too. Sometimes you want all your family in the truck and a boat to get towed over mountain passes with ease.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
8/17/17 11:57 p.m.
Sup Vigo, Are you a mechanic by trade? And do you have a lift? I need those kinds of friends lol.

I am now, again. I have 10 ASE certifications, an associate's in automotive technology and a bachelors in occupational education to teach it. I taught it full time for the last 3 years but recently quit that school and started working on cars for a living again with my girlfriend (who works on cars!). I'm about to start teaching again for the same community college i originally went to, but only part time and i'm already busy enough with work that it's making me a little nervous to think about it. Right now it seems i am a mechanic more than full-time.

I don't have a lift, though!

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ HalfDork
8/18/17 7:17 a.m.
crankwalk wrote:
Also I have HI beat and we have oil everywhere.
True. But that's the old try to buy an orange in an orange grove argument
yupididit
yupididit Dork
8/26/17 12:16 p.m.

In reply to Vigo:

Hey sounds good to me!

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
8/26/17 12:18 p.m.

Drove from Moreno Valley California to Tucson Arizona. It took about 7 hours and the outside temps were 106-109 degs until the last hour then it dropped to 100deg (at 10pm). Trans temps never got over 170, engine temp got up to 226 going uphill in a 111deg area. Truck did very well pulling a 20ft trailer with a loaded car. I drove between 55 and 65 miles per hour the whole time. It was about 455 miles, used 3/4 tank in a 44gal tank.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qNMsDqHPO4EiAPAuIw6c6x5IOZE4Jc5j1WfJxpuWIwpybWjcvMu46QUzrCOv8qa4