kb58 Dork
Aug. 17, 2017 3:16 p.m.

Did search first and found nothing, Link

Indy-Guy SuperDork
Aug. 17, 2017 3:24 p.m.

RIP.

T.J. MegaDork
Aug. 17, 2017 5:48 p.m.

I sadly didn't recignuze the name, but after reading the linked article I feel bad for not knowing who he was. He seemed like an extraordinary innovator.

Aug. 18, 2017 3:01 a.m.

Father of the GT40, as I recall - instrumental in the development of the program (please correct anything I have wrong...).

dean1484 MegaDork
Aug. 18, 2017 8:02 a.m.

A great man. Sad to hear of his passing.

759NRNG HalfDork
Aug. 18, 2017 9:17 a.m.

Not to disrespect,but http://silodrome.com/lola-mk6/ and Eric Broadley (who also passed in May of this year)is who I associate with the GT40.

Aug. 18, 2017 12:15 p.m.
759NRNG wrote: Not to disrespect,but http://silodrome.com/lola-mk6/ and Eric Broadley (who also passed in May of this year)is who I associate with the GT40.

Oooh, forgot about him.

I might have confused what I thought about Lunn.

He built the original concepts, and maybe it was Lunn who took over management after '64.

I used to be enthralled with the whole Ford vs. Ferrari thing, Carroll vs. Enzo, etc...

It was exiting to see an original cobra Daytona coupe at SEMA a couple years ago, knowing a little of the history....

fasted58 MegaDork
Aug. 18, 2017 1:00 p.m.

Lunn's association to the GT-40 is quite impressive by itself but the XJ and AMC Eagle too.

Robbie UberDork
Aug. 18, 2017 1:09 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: Lunn's association to the GT-40 is quite impressive by itself but the XJ and AMC Eagle too.

First SCCA spec racing series?

Chesterfield
Chesterfield New Reader
Aug. 18, 2017 9:03 p.m.

I did not recognize the name, but after reading the article I realized he was associated with some of my favorite vehicles. That kind of innovation will surely be missed.

Hungary Bill UberDork
Aug. 19, 2017 10:13 a.m.
Chesterfield wrote: I did not recognize the name, but after reading the article I realized he was associated with some of my favorite vehicles. That kind of innovation will surely be missed.

Me too! How am I just now hearing about him?

kb58
kb58 Dork
Aug. 19, 2017 3:53 p.m.

Another plug for the excellent documentary, "The 24 Hour War", about the Ford (GT40) vs Ferrari drama at Le Mans. It's on Amazon Prime.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

Restoration Impossible: Finishing Off the Engine

27 minutes ago in Project Cars

We add the air box and air cleaner.

Basic Training: 10 Steps to Faster Laps

1 day ago in Articles

Driving Coach Peter Krause's 10 Steps to Faster Laps

Sporty Swede: The Volvo P1800

4 days ago in Articles

Beautiful Design Meets a Rock-Solid Chassis

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: GSM Dart

5 days ago in News

The vintage racer you never knew you wanted.

Rare Bird: The Swallow Doretti

6 days ago in Articles

The Swallow Doretti May Look and Sound Italian, But It's British

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Beautiful Bugeye

1 week ago in News

Leake Auction Company is selling this 1960 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite this weekend.

Rally Revival

1 week ago in Articles

Pavement or Not, Porsches Have Found Victory

Birthdays

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
2uV8I4U9QdPVjOlBQoGyhBjtfUB4U7oP