1 2
Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/19/17 11:14 a.m.
feature_image

Do you have the coolest shop out there? Five photos and 300 words could win you up to $1500 in prizes.

The rules for our Show Us Your Shop contest are simple: Send us five high-resolution digital photos of your shop plus a 300-word description. (Obviously your cause will be helped by better photos …

Read the rest of the story

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
9/19/17 11:49 a.m.

Is it sad that I know whose garage that is?

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
9/19/17 12:00 p.m.

Any tips for sending 5 high resolution picture via gmail? I can never fit more than 2 or 3 pictures into a single email. 

Otherwise, I'm going to enter, once I decide the best way to shoot it. A big box of CRC stuff is intriguing. 

Ed Higginbotham
9/19/17 12:06 p.m.
Toebra said:

Is it sad that I know whose garage that is?

Not at all. I've been envying his shop for years.

Ed Higginbotham
9/19/17 12:07 p.m.
RevRico said:

Any tips for sending 5 high resolution picture via gmail? I can never fit more than 2 or 3 pictures into a single email. 

Otherwise, I'm going to enter, once I decide the best way to shoot it. A big box of CRC stuff is intriguing. 

Multiple emails will work. Just note in your first one that you'll be sending another email with a couple more photos.

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
9/19/17 12:30 p.m.

That is a Beauty, And I will enter, heck another $ 40,000 And I could look  that good. don't know if It would make me Happier though...............................well OK yea it would.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/19/17 1:22 p.m.

Can we ban Jack Olsen from entering, to give the rest of us a chance? lol...

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/19/17 1:48 p.m.

It's so messy in there right now, I'm embarrassed.  Too many projects going on, let me sweep up an move a few things and I'll send a better photo.  I am standing at the table in the center, probably don't want me in the shot either! 

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
9/19/17 2:00 p.m.

The annual "make us feel guilty that our garages are too messy to photograph" contest. I love this. 

grover
grover Reader
9/19/17 2:34 p.m.
RevRico said:

send a dropbox link? Gmail has a 5mb attachment limit. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/19/17 2:53 p.m.
mazdeuce said:

The annual "make us feel guilty that our garages are too messy to photograph" contest. I love this. 

That would be me as well.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UltraDork
9/19/17 2:55 p.m.

Im thinking about submitting pictures of my horribly messy garage hoping they will take pity on me and give me stuff that will help organize my garage!

Ed Higginbotham
9/19/17 3:12 p.m.
grover wrote:
RevRico said:

send a dropbox link? Gmail has a 5mb attachment limit. 

That totally works, too. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/19/17 3:15 p.m.
irish44j said:

Can we ban Jack Olsen from entering, to give the rest of us a chance? lol...

Yeah, just give him a lifetime achievement award and retire him from competition.

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
9/19/17 3:20 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

I'm available to help clean things up.  I can start with the large items....devil

In other news, I'm suddenly turning very, very green....cheeky

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
9/19/17 3:23 p.m.
fasted58 said:
mazdeuce said:

That would be me as well.

I see it as the annual "OMG I need to clean this pigsty up so I can even think about taking a picture" contest.

Followed by the "Well, E36 M3, there's all the crap I've been looking for...."

JackOlsen
JackOlsen New Reader
9/19/17 3:35 p.m.
GTXVette wrote:

That is a Beauty, And I will enter, heck another $ 40,000 And I could look  that good. don't know if It would make me Happier though...............................well OK yea it would.

If you look my place up, you'll see that I put this place together with very little money ($3,500) -- but a lot of sweat. 

JackOlsen
JackOlsen New Reader
9/19/17 3:36 p.m.
irish44j wrote:

Can we ban Jack Olsen from entering, to give the rest of us a chance? lol...I'm 

I'll volunteer.  I was very grateful to win my category last time around, but I won't be entering this time.  Good luck to everybody.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/19/17 3:41 p.m.

If there's a 'most cluttered' prize, I'm in. wink

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project New Reader
9/19/17 8:13 p.m.

What's a garage? crying

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
9/19/17 8:21 p.m.

Ooo.  Time to clean again.  Motivation!

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/19/17 8:33 p.m.
mazdeuce said:

I've been moving stuff around and cleaning up mine all night just because I saw that picture of Jack's.....dammit.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/19/17 8:37 p.m.
JackOlsen said:
irish44j wrote:

Can we ban Jack Olsen from entering, to give the rest of us a chance? lol...I'm 

I'll volunteer.  I was very grateful to win my category last time around, but I won't be entering this time.  Good luck to everybody.

A female friend of mine was asking why I was cleaning my garage tonight (again). I told her "because of Jack Olsen." She was like "who is that?" So I linked your thread on GJ, and she said "why doens't your garage look like that?"

I replied "well, mine has an old Porsche in it too [1988 924S, with faded paint], does that count?"

She said "I suppose so, but Jack's Porsche is way nicer, and he's a silver fox to boot..."

At that point, I went back to cleaning my garage and stopped talking to her.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
9/19/17 8:58 p.m.

Not much to see in mine.  Someone broke in 2 weeks ago and took everything but the cars and had started to pull parts off of those.  I guess I could send pics of the aftermath lol.

Edit:  after reading this it seems to be way darker than intended.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
9/19/17 10:09 p.m.

Guess I better go pick up some pallet racking to organize everything.

That generally amounts to me going to the scrap yard and oohing and ahhing over machine tools I don't have space for though. I'm told he just got a couple Cincinnati milling machines in from a defunct shop...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C5rckR3cBwTENwwvYqk9F6BeMIcg7CwXYt8pCszjaWkxRzTIuifQCQR4Pz7vpIFo