Dec. 22, 2015 4:43 a.m.

I've been had!

It was inside the magazine this year.

LuxInterior Reader
Dec. 27, 2015 2:13 p.m.

Subscription questions:

1) I'm pretty sure that I have years of GRM subscription left... But how can I tell? Is there a code on the address tag that would tell me that?

2) A new GRM issue is released 8 times a year.. But which 8 months? If I had all of my issues lined up this would be easy, but all but a few are in storage right now.

I went to the subscription page on the site to see if I could find the which months info, but no luck.

wbjones MegaDork
Dec. 27, 2015 3:27 p.m.

thanks .. guys ... the HF ad has another ad on it's backside ... thank you ... we don't lose any article ... I know this takes planning ... appreciate the effort

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2016 11:02 a.m.

Calendar? Was there one for 2016? I did not get one.

wbjones MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2016 11:07 a.m.

it is in the latest mag. you have to "tear" it out

Argo1 SuperDork
Feb. 2, 2016 9:33 p.m.

Clearly, you guys just don't get it.

You are obviously not aligned properly with the mainstream auto media. If I compare your latest issue with a famous auto mag which begins with C and ends with D, there are clear differences: First of all, your mag is much to heavy - more than twice the pages and almost triple the editorial content. Who has time to read all that? And your ads. Don't get me started. Where are the ads for tobacco, booze, and jewelry? Worse yet, no sexual aides or adult incontinence products. Just car stuff related to the magazine's content. You would think that you guys were single focused, or something.

Well, keep trying!

chriswadsworth New Reader
March 6, 2016 3:36 p.m.

I have subscribed to many magazines over the years and I currently subscribe to the the big 5 magazines I usually see at the Grocery store (Road&Track, Car&Driver, Automobile, MoterTrend and Hotrod) They all leave me wanting for more each month. Grassroots and Classic Motorsports are the ones I get exited about when the mail comes though. (that and kitcar builder). You guys produce the single most relevant and real world periodical I currently read. What do I want more of? Tech. Your tire articles and builds have led to my actual purchases. This forum led to my 93 NA6 joining the garage as well as the choice of my Toyo RA1's (Kieth Tanner and Brandon Fitch also contributed to that by kindly giving of their time. I say all of this to say the thing that makes this magazine for me is the little things that really apply back to life. I also love hearing about local racing events around the country that I would never be able to follow without the magazine and the forum. Finally I think this magazine hosts the two coolest events I can think of. The $2000 Challenge is a huge inspiration and the UTCC is like nothing else out there (I would love to see those same cars also drag race like the Challenge cars do. Thanks for the best Magazine I read.

chriswadsworth New Reader
March 6, 2016 8:34 p.m.

I love the Calendar. I put my Classic and my Grassroots calendars up side by side in the office at work. I cannot get enough of that Targa Miata with the Martini Livery.

dean1484 MegaDork
March 22, 2016 12:57 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Calendar? Was there one for 2016? I did not get one.

Do you sell them I never got one.

Marjorie Suddard General Manager
March 29, 2016 10:30 a.m.

Dean, the calendar was actually bound inside the February issue-it's a tear-out right after page 114.

Margie

dean1484 MegaDork
March 29, 2016 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard:

Ahh ok. THANKS!!!!!

In that case I will have to see if I got that issue yet I am usually late in getting them ( I think just due to distance) and I think I already saw the April one. My son being 11 now is taking an interest in cars and he has been getting to my GRM's before me so I better take a look in his room.

dean1484 MegaDork
March 29, 2016 3:27 p.m.

One other question and this is forum related. Is there a way to change the setting for the number of posts shown? I would like to increase it do something like 100 if possible.

March 30, 2016 1:17 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

No, it's pretty much set.

Hope you found your calendar.

Margie

DDT
DDT New Reader
March 31, 2016 12:23 p.m.

Just opened up the May edition to find a disappointing lack of 200TW tire testing information. I understand the testing only happened a couple few weeks ago, but my curiosity is bursting out! Does this mean we will wait until the next print issue comes out? Maybe this will debut as an online article? I wish I could be a nice patient reader, but the what am I supposed to do, focus on my job?!

Happy Carmore MegaDork
April 2, 2016 10:26 a.m.

Hey Magazine question.

My subscription just lapsed (I know I know bad forum member) after 10 years (good forum member) I was thinking of renewing digitally (Yay environment and my wife not complaining about the entire collection) Then I looked at the cost. Not much difference in getting both vs just the digital.

Now that brings me to an idea. If I can get access to all the magazines I am subscribed to online then I could get the magazine sent to my local library.

Could I do that? Also is there a 10 years both or digital option? Thanks

Is there a online archive option for all the issues? I know niche magazines like Professional Boatbuilder has it.

It would cool to have a subscription that gave you all the new releases and the back issues for a set price digitally.

JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
April 2, 2016 11:48 a.m.
DDT wrote: Just opened up the May edition to find a disappointing lack of 200TW tire testing information. I understand the testing only happened a couple few weeks ago, but my curiosity is bursting out! Does this mean we will wait until the next print issue comes out? Maybe this will debut as an online article? I wish I could be a nice patient reader, but the what am I supposed to do, focus on my job?!

Tire test is with the art department right now getting laid out. I promise I haven't read a word, though :)

It'll be in the next issue. There were actually results we couldn't release any earlier because of build and press embargoes anyway, so you'll be finding out about as soon as is legally possible (unless you break into my house)(please don't).

JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
April 2, 2016 11:51 a.m.
Happy Carmore wrote: Hey Magazine question. My subscription just lapsed (I know I know bad forum member) after 10 years (good forum member) I was thinking of renewing digitally (Yay environment and my wife not complaining about the entire collection) Then I looked at the cost. Not much difference in getting both vs just the digital. Now that brings me to an idea. If I can get access to all the magazines I am subscribed to online then I could get the magazine sent to my local library. Could I do that? Also is there a 10 years both or digital option? Thanks Is there a online archive option for all the issues? I know niche magazines like Professional Boatbuilder has it. It would cool to have a subscription that gave you all the new releases and the back issues for a set price digitally.

We're actually in the process of revamping our digital issues. By fall, all print subs will also include digital subs. As for digital archives, we will definitely be expanding the archive, and soon, but we're not exactly sure how it's going to work yet. Feedback is, of course, more then welcome, but understand that we frequently have a gap between what we'd like to do and what is possible with our staff and current web architecture.

But, yes, new digital issues coming soon. Current digital customer won't experience any interruptions, other than you may have to re-download the app at some point.

HiTempguy PowerDork
April 3, 2016 9:41 p.m.

I recently changed out the wheel studs on the rallycar to extra long ARP models. I then realized I didn't have any lugnuts for them except for the cheapo soft-steel open ended lugnuts I had picked up from Napa and they didn't seem like they were going to last long.

Online searching doesn't bring up anything except ricer aluminum lug nuts y0! so I was at a bit of a loss. Was on the throne reading my brand new issue of GRM today and lo and behold, aftermarket, high quality steel motorsports lugnuts advertised on one of the pages. This is why I continue to subscribe to the magazine, everything in it is relevant to motorsports with so little fluff. I don't mind more ads as long as they are relevant, and this isn't the first time I've bought something because it was advertised in the GRM magazine.

RossD UltimaDork
April 20, 2016 7:52 a.m.

I can't find a Forum Feedback thread so I'll toss this up here:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/lhumanual-transflexifuele39asuccess/117329/page1/#post2045001

I can't make this work as a link anymore. I thought it might be due to the fact that I reset Firefox yesterday but it was the same when I opened IE11. This is also a test. As there was a link in the linked thread that I placed myself and it's no longer a link.

Is it just me or did something change?

April 20, 2016 12:03 p.m.

Ross, I just answered this on another thread--I'm not aware that anything changed, but then again, I've always posted links using the little linky icon that's above the emojis when you write a post (between the and the text bubble). You click it, fill in the address, fill in what text you want to display as a hotlink (can be the link again or just the word, like this link to your flex fuel post example and say ok.

Margie

850Combat Reader
April 24, 2016 4:16 p.m.

I was interested in the 14 factory race cars.

Personally, I thought a small sedan from the early to mid 60s that won British and European Saloon car championships, the Marlboro 12 hours, Nurburgring 6 hours, 10 day Tour De France Rally, and more may have made an honorable mention in the group. It often punched way above its weight in Touring Car races by winning outright against cars in faster classes.

Gary Dork
May 5, 2016 10:38 a.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard:

For years I've just used the copy-paste feature on my phone to insert a URL into a post as a link. It always worked ... until a couple weeks ago. Now it just comes through as text. And every link I've posted over the years that way has been recently reduced to plain text. The strange thing is, I noticed one day last week (briefly) that everything was back to normal, meaning they were showing as links again. I assumed whatever had been botched a couple weeks ago was finally fixed. Well, that didn't last long and it's broken again. So something's going on. Having said that, I'll try using the link feature available to forum users that you pointed out. But unfortunately I've lost all the previous links that I'd previously posted.

Test

Mike Dork
May 12, 2016 12:54 p.m.

All props to JG's account of the experience of drilling through one's own hand. It cracked me up so much, I read it to my wife. She loved it too.

It was wonderful.

I am hoping laughter was the intended outcome, and I hope the healing is coming along well.

jsquared Reader
May 15, 2016 3:51 p.m.

I have a magazine issue, not sure if I'm in the right thread, but I'm trying to update my mailing address and I can't seem to get logged into the Customer Service part of the subscriptions webpage. It doesn't recognize my email address or the subscriber number from the label. Did I lapse by accident, or could my subscriber # have changed? (using the Dec '15 label lol).

And it'd be nice to get my subscriber info linked to my forum name so I could read the subscriber-limited articles (e.g. the engineless M3 article :-D )

May 19, 2016 3:29 p.m.

In reply to squared: Sorry you're having problems. Sounds like you need to call the customer service folks at 877-677-6878 and sort out what your current subscriber number and registered email address is. Or you can drop a note to Nancy@grassrootsmotorsports.com with your name and address and she can look you up, but fair warning--she's at UTCC along with most of the rest of the staff, so you won't hear back on an email until Tuesday.

Thanks!

Margie

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

Show Us Your Shop and Win Prizes

1 day ago in News

3-car? 1-car? parking lot? We want to see where you mess with your car. Our favorites win some major prizes.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Jaguar E-Type

1 day ago in News

Looking for an iconic British sports car?

Dreams Before the End of the Road

5 days ago in Articles

Told She Had Just Three Months to Live, Sue Patterson Wanted Only Three Things: a Camel, a Kangaroo, and the ...

Join Our Smoky Mountain Tour

6 days ago in News

How would you like to drive your classic sports car the way you’ve always wished you could?

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Ginetta G4

1 week ago in News

It's a serious vintage racer for sale.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Mint Condition BMW M1

2 weeks ago in News

An iconic BMW in beautiful Henna Red.

Through the Roof

2 weeks ago in Articles

One of 11 survivors, this hardtop Triumph TR2 embodies the saga of a once-promising Belgian auto industry.

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
Dq1EvzKL2wIHrpJFag9UJSQ53nhRAls2