jsquared HalfDork
May 21, 2016 3:40 p.m.

No problem, I'd love to be at UTCC myself I'll have to use the email option since I'm out of the country at the moment.

Also, I seem to be very good at "finding" technical glitches, especially with electronics so it's kind of par for the course, LOL.

bikerbenz
bikerbenz Reader
June 12, 2016 4:04 p.m.

Something has been bugging me recently. A while back there were teasers about the upcoming issue with an 89 Prelude with 4ws that would be featured. As an owner of two 89's I have been looking forward to this. When will that story run? I hope I didn't miss it.

mapper Reader
June 23, 2016 1:54 p.m.

Something I would like to see in the magazine: The tire tests usually revolve around 15" wheels on Miatas or Civics. This was great when I owned the Miata. Now that I have the Mustang I am having a hard time finding good information on what works for heavier cars. I'm hoping that as the JG's CAM Mustang project continues, there will be some discussion on the tire selection. The easy button used to be Hoosiers but the 200 treadwear requirement changes things.

JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
June 25, 2016 11:39 p.m.
mapper wrote: Something I would like to see in the magazine: The tire tests usually revolve around 15" wheels on Miatas or Civics. This was great when I owned the Miata. Now that I have the Mustang I am having a hard time finding good information on what works for heavier cars. I'm hoping that as the JG's CAM Mustang project continues, there will be some discussion on the tire selection. The easy button used to be Hoosiers but the 200 treadwear requirement changes things.

a) Yes, there will be discussion of tire selection.

b) Hovever, if you want to run anything wider than 300mm, you pretty much only have one choice, and that's BFG Rival S. No one else has anything wider than 295 at the moment, though that's about to change with, I believe, some 305mm Hankooks. But most of the guys at the pointy end of CAM are on 315 or 335 BFGs on 18s. The real story is more complex than that, but that's the elevator version.

mapper Reader
June 26, 2016 9:54 a.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

Thanks!

Flight Service MegaDork
July 5, 2016 12:37 p.m.

Will the 10 year subscription be coming back with the digital and print options?

hhaase Reader
July 14, 2016 4:40 p.m.

Love the magazine, but didn't we already do a survey a few weeks ago? Just got two more requests in my e-mail today (one for GRM and one for CM). I've never even had classic motorsports, never got my trial issue either.

Too many surveys really starts to get annoying.

Johnboyjjb Reader
July 14, 2016 7:01 p.m.

Survey had plenty of questions and no generic comment here box at the end. I was surprised when it ended.

My suggestion was pertaining to the fact the magazine has reasons to be on the road. I'd like to see notifications of what functional/dysfunctional/fun road trips you had outlined and crowd-source the planning.

I'd love to make suggestions on how to get from Phoenix to Seattle but the odds you'd ever ask are small. And that's a shame.

Also, you need a branch office on the West Coast. Too much east coast bias.

dean1484 MegaDork
July 19, 2016 7:41 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: Will the 10 year subscription be coming back with the digital and print options?

I came here to ask this as well.

chandlerGTi UberDork
July 31, 2016 12:37 p.m.

Your description of the Shogun missed the mark!

Marjorie Suddard General Manager
July 31, 2016 12:51 p.m.
dean1484 wrote:
Flight Service wrote: Will the 10 year subscription be coming back with the digital and print options?

I came here to ask this as well.

Yes. Actually, they never left, but new order pages are launching soon that should streamline access to these options.

Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
Aug. 1, 2016 8:25 a.m.

Does this therad cover Classic as well as GRM? If so, I loved the article on detailing the Typhoon, but wish there had been more before and after shots of some of the things he did rather than just the after shots. The only one you saw a before and after of was the springs, the other changes we just saw the after. Are they online somewhere?

Hungary Bill UltraDork
Aug. 22, 2016 2:06 p.m.

Not sure if it's been brought up before, or if anyone besides me would be interested but I'd really like to see a tire test of a more "commutable" tire.

All of the cars I autocross have to pull some sort of DD duty between events. As such I feel I'd just be wasting a BFG Rival or Potenza RE-71R. What I'd like to know is how the next step down in the tire hierarchy performs at the track and between events. Something along the lines of a BFG G-force sport comp 2 or a Continental Extreme contact DW, maybe some of the other 340 tread-wear offerings?

Thanks guys, and keep up the good work

jabos7 New Reader
Sept. 6, 2016 6:10 p.m.

Hope I'm not missing an answer that already exists, but my attempts at searching and then going through this thread still left me wondering...is there any kind of archive for back-issue content? I have a whole lotta years saved up in nice protective binders and plastic bins that I'd love to save and reference, but unless it was printed on the spine I don't stand a chance of finding something too specific. -A daunting task if no one has done it as yet! But maybe a great job for an intern instead of cleaning the left-handed crescent sets and brake line stretchers. -It's too good of a magazine to not preserve the creations past and present! Many thanks!

Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
Sept. 7, 2016 9:51 a.m.

In reply to jabos7: We do regularly add articles from past issues here. However, not all articles from the past 30 years have been added. We're working on it, though!

DrBoost UltimaDork
Sept. 14, 2016 9:02 a.m.

This is site- specific, not magazine. The current banner ads are twice as wide as the page when viewed on my phone. So I can't really scroll down, it ands up being a diagonal scroll, resulting in a black screen, followed by a sideways scroll to get the page on the screen. Does that make any sense?
....first world problems....

DrBoost UltimaDork
Sept. 14, 2016 9:08 a.m.

Here's what the actual page looks like on my phone.

Sept. 14, 2016 9:18 a.m.

Thanks Dr. Boost. We recently moved to a new host for ads so this almost definitely has something to do with that transition. We're fixing it as we speak.

Thanks for bringing it up in this thread first!

DrBoost UltimaDork
Sept. 14, 2016 10:08 a.m.

Thanks Ed. I felt silly complaining about something like that. It's like complaining that the person that just saved your life with CPR had cold hands.
But seriously, warm your hands before saving my life please.

jfryjfry Reader
Sept. 19, 2016 3:55 p.m.

A thought/suggestion for the site:

I like that there aren't too many forums but I think adding one for troubleshooting and fixing problems would be really beneficial.

HunterBenz Reader
Sept. 20, 2016 10:49 a.m.

I just read the newest magazine and really liked the way you guys handled the Project CAM Mustang Part 3 article. A decent amount of explaining went into the why and not just the what you did to the car. That makes it applicable and interesting to read even if you have zero interest and/or need for Mustang suspension tips. I have been seeing a more and more articles with universally applicable content recently with your mag and appreciate it.

Keep it up. Thanks!

Sept. 20, 2016 11:41 a.m.
jfryjfry wrote: A thought/suggestion for the site: I like that there aren't too many forums but I think adding one for troubleshooting and fixing problems would be really beneficial.

Thanks for the feedback. And your observation is spot-on. We actually do make a point not to divide the message board up into too many sections.

As for troubleshooting and fixing problems, most threads on that topic should fit in the Tech Tips forum. That is unless I'm understanding the request.

jfryjfry Reader
Sept. 20, 2016 1:24 p.m.

I am thinking about threads that are about asking for help with a certain problem. Not the "I don't know which car to buy" kind of help (because we all know the "answer") but rather the questions like, "why did my cruise control stop working?" and "how do I remove the left side axle on my Sentra."

I've had a few and just put them in the Grassroots Motorsports Forum, but didn't think it fit there very well. It just wasn't a tech tip nor a build so it seemed the best place.

I see a lot of these kind of threads and they are found in all of the forums so I just figured a specific one might be nice and help with the organization.

JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
Sept. 20, 2016 1:49 p.m.
HunterBenz wrote: I just read the newest magazine and really liked the way you guys handled the Project CAM Mustang Part 3 article. A decent amount of explaining went into the why and not just the what you did to the car. That makes it applicable and interesting to read even if you have zero interest and/or need for Mustang suspension tips. I have been seeing a more and more articles with universally applicable content recently with your mag and appreciate it. Keep it up. Thanks!

Hey thanks man. It's definitely one of my intents with the Mustang project to make it more broadly relevant than just to folks with Mustangs. Most people can't handle al that Mustang intensity, anyway :)

Sept. 20, 2016 2:33 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry:

I get what you're saying. I'll bring it up in one of our stand ups and see what people here think.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

Show Us Your Shop and Win Prizes

1 day ago in News

3-car? 1-car? parking lot? We want to see where you mess with your car. Our favorites win some major prizes.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Jaguar E-Type

1 day ago in News

Looking for an iconic British sports car?

Dreams Before the End of the Road

5 days ago in Articles

Told She Had Just Three Months to Live, Sue Patterson Wanted Only Three Things: a Camel, a Kangaroo, and the ...

Join Our Smoky Mountain Tour

6 days ago in News

How would you like to drive your classic sports car the way you’ve always wished you could?

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Ginetta G4

1 week ago in News

It's a serious vintage racer for sale.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Mint Condition BMW M1

2 weeks ago in News

An iconic BMW in beautiful Henna Red.

Through the Roof

2 weeks ago in Articles

One of 11 survivors, this hardtop Triumph TR2 embodies the saga of a once-promising Belgian auto industry.

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
NNCjtr8ECEAAbTFdeSiqk6HEa5O3CSKw