bigben
bigben New Reader
4/29/17 8:21 a.m.

Supercharger (GM 3800?) -$25

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
4/29/17 8:23 a.m.

Nice score!

I'm heading to Seekonk Speedway in Ma next Saturday so I'm hoping I'll find something even though I don't need anything!

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
4/29/17 10:13 a.m.
bigben wrote: Supercharger (GM 3800?) -$25

I saw that sitting on the ground on Thursday. I think it said 40 asking price. I looked at it curiously then walked away.

Small world.

bigben
bigben New Reader
4/29/17 2:41 p.m.

It was marked $45. I looked at it curiously too and was about to walk away and the seller walked by and said I'll give it to you for$25. When I went to go retrieve my kids from the other side of his booth I spotted this two tier aluminum wing. Marked $65, I offered $20 and we settled at $35. It might go on the Datsun challenge car, or it might not.

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
4/29/17 9:24 p.m.

Lots of other stuff, but this is too cool. 1969/70 Western Flyer "The Wild One". Original, with a missing spoke and in need of TLC but just a beaut. Pate Swap Meet Texas!

Bruce

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
4/30/17 7:31 a.m.

I would be interested in helping you profit on the wing if you don't use it, my 2018 build could use one

Furious_E
Furious_E Dork
4/30/17 10:02 a.m.

Nice scores! I checked out the Spring Carlisle show last weekend and scored a 2.5" x pipe and a crap ton of little odds and ends and shop supplies.

bigben
bigben New Reader
5/1/17 2:15 p.m.
patgizz wrote: I would be interested in helping you profit on the wing if you don't use it, my 2018 build could use one

I'll keep that in mind.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
5/1/17 3:21 p.m.

TIL I need to go to swap meets.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau HalfDork
5/1/17 3:30 p.m.

Original 29-31 Model A pickup bed with working tailgate for $175. Unfortunately it's too pricey to put on the Rice Rod for the Challenge. Call it a post-Challenge plan.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UberDork
5/1/17 3:43 p.m.

I'm gearing up for the biggest meet in the area that's coming up in a few weeks in Mansfield, MA.

I hit this one up every year. I've done a couple stories on it.

Here's last year's story

And the year before that

This year, my trusty Radio Flyer All Terrain Wagon is getting an upgrade!

That's right... a trailer for my wagon!!!

Last year, some of the "natives" were getting surly, so I'm not sure if I'll do a story. We'll see.

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/1/17 8:03 p.m.
maschinenbau wrote: Original 29-31 Model A pickup bed with working tailgate for $175. Unfortunately it's too pricey to put on the Rice Rod for the Challenge. Call it a post-Challenge plan.
759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/1/17 8:06 p.m.

WTF!?!?!?! for $175??, a dadgum '32 grille shell ratted out goes for that....scoreboard bro!!!!

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/1/17 8:10 p.m.

when my bud and I go to these we select the most hideous piece of kitsch (horse shoe trophy?) you can think of and then wander around seeing if anyone nabs it. easily entertained you might say.......

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
5/1/17 8:18 p.m.

Oh this reminds the wapak swap meet is this sunday. I always bring something home from that.

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
5/1/17 9:05 p.m.

I scored a Syclone/Typhoon water/air intercooler for $60, not sure what it will go on.

Also part of a Crown draw-through turbo kit for a 240Z which the seller just let me have for free because I asked about it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NZoJJobvr1wSfQKGqADeAmhpTGPzWVxTMcKQegRlmD7eTrcPqMgZIVI6rsIvJVCn