Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/23/17 10:04 a.m.

Welcome, CaptCaffeine and bkasdaddy, to both our sport and our site! Sounds like you've found the right place! Hope you enjoy it.

And welcome Dogote! As for finding people around you, we have a handy little resource we call the GRM on-the-road assist list. You may be able to find a couple forum members near you through that.

miata2001
miata2001
1/27/17 2:08 p.m.

I have subscribed to Grassroots for years and before that Classic. I autocrossed an MGB for many years then went to a 2001 Miata. It has headers, intake, Megan Racing coil overs and 949 wheels. I am currently running Bridgestone 71RE 15 inch tires. I really enjoy the tire testing feature one a year and the occasional autox article.

LSxDreamer
LSxDreamer New Reader
1/30/17 10:00 p.m.

Hey guys, newbie here. Came in and registered because of the mazduece threads. Gear head at heart, just too poor to actually partake. Only question I have: where's the "view first unread" option / button on threads? Always opening up to the first page and trying to get to page 40+ is proving difficult compared to other boards...

Emge
Emge New Reader
2/1/17 2:33 p.m.

Hi Guys

Emge here. Signed up because of the amazing content. Hadn't heard of GRM until r and t did the Mazdeuce article have since then been blown away with the amazing content. Thank you for giving the gear heads of the world a place to unite.

Cheers,

Ed Higginbotham
2/1/17 2:42 p.m.

Welcome Miata2001, LSxDreamer and Emge!

Glad to hear Mazdeuce's thread has attracted some fellow gearheads! Glad to have you all and I think you'll find just as much engaging information and people throughout the site. Tell your friends!

LSxDreamer, when you are viewing the list of threads in a forum, like here, you can simply click on the last number listed to take you to the last page.

And Miata2001, sounds like a pretty sweet ride! How about a build thread to document the fun?

grover
grover
2/1/17 5:27 p.m.

Hi all, Brought here by MD's thread like many others. I'm the guy who everyone accepts as the car nut around here, so hopefully i'll fit in. Thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to getting your magazine in the mail!

Ed Higginbotham
2/2/17 10:08 a.m.

Howdy and welcome, grover! Hope you enjoy the magazine and community around it!

759NRNG
759NRNG New Reader
2/2/17 12:55 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham: Was introduced to GRM by my chiropractor who had an issue in the waiting room. He is currently running a Miata in anything he can here in Texas. My fascination in this site is due to non other than MAZDUECE. When I saw the thread on MSN with a Merc of some sort and it's guts on the ground staring at $57k repair bill, I could relate. My circumstances evolved around the CTS-V (2010. 6sp/man) that I currently own. Second motor, second blower, third rear end, all under warranty phew!!! Through it all wouldn't get rid of her.....especially rolling sixth gear at 60mph

LSxDreamer
LSxDreamer New Reader
2/2/17 5:17 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote: Welcome Miata2001, LSxDreamer and Emge! LSxDreamer, when you are viewing the list of threads in a forum, like here, you can simply click on the last number listed to take you to the last page.

Thanks for the welcome Ed. Based on your response, seems there is no "view first unread" functionality. No biggie of course, just means I need to make my visits more often!

appliance_racer
appliance_racer New Reader
2/3/17 5:10 p.m.

Hi all. I'm Clint. I've been a dealer mechanic for what seems to be forever. I work on mostly Korean appliances and occasionally race one made of spare parts thus my user name. I think GRM is a great organization but more importantly provides a great service. By service I am speaking of the enormous support any and everybody receives when an average guy like myself decides to go racing. I'm eager to help and support anybody in the GRM family any way I can.

Ed Higginbotham
2/7/17 9:16 a.m.

In reply to LSxDreamer:

That is correct. But we're always working to make the site better for you guys so I'll tuck this suggestion away. Thanks!

Ed Higginbotham
2/7/17 9:23 a.m.

Welcome 759NRNG and appliance_racer! Glad to have you both here. Hope you enjoy it.

cee'dub
cee'dub New Reader
2/8/17 11:52 a.m.

Howdy. I've been lurking here a while. So many of my long standing questions have been answered on this board. I can't believe the wide range of experience here.

I currently have a FoST as a daily, a 73' Europa for when I like to be uncertain about my ability to get somewhere, and a 2001 Focus that I am swapping a 302 into.

ekauppi7
ekauppi7 New Reader
2/8/17 3:03 p.m.

I'm not new here but haven't been to the site for a few years. I've been reading GRM since the first year of Auto-X magazine. (anybody want to buy a complete set of back issues?) Back in those days I was part of a college car club that did fun autocrosses, and I autocrossed a little with the local sports car club and a few track schools. Then I did track schools on motorcycles...

And had a baby and sold the Cobra and drove a succession of Volvo 240/740/960/P1800ES station wagons. Now the kid is driving the Volvo wagon and I'm looking for a more fun car. There's a Lotus Europa in my garage but it's a lot of work away from being a fun car, except in the "working on cars is fun" sense.

Ed Higginbotham
2/9/17 2:29 p.m.

Welcome cee'dub and ekauppi7!

cee'dub, sounds like the perfect GRM fleet. There's a half-finished Europa project that gets passed from forum member to forum member periodically.

ekauppi7, thanks for subscribing for such a ling time! Glad to have you here.

DixonL2
DixonL2
2/9/17 3:59 p.m.

1990 Miata (the Yotter), tastefully done 2006 Mini Cooper S that I daily and autocross, been on Classic and GRM for years but hadn't got around to signing in here! Someday I'll also have a Miata with a non-Mazda engine and a/c for cruising...

Ed Higginbotham
2/10/17 8:45 a.m.

Sounds like a nice pair of toys. Welcome, DixonL2! And thank you for reading!

ekauppi7
ekauppi7 New Reader
2/10/17 3:19 p.m.

Interesting coincidence, two Europa owners in a row. Not like there are that many... But maybe they (we) fit this forum -- cheap, fun and oddball.

cee'dub, are you on the LotusEuropa mailing list? Lots of tech info there.

Ed Higginbotham
2/13/17 8:29 a.m.

Does this mean we'll see a few more threads on Europa builds? Hope so. Welcome ekauppi7.

DixonL2
DixonL2 New Reader
2/13/17 9:44 a.m.

Great to be here, Ed! Great magazine(s), great group of folks, great hobby to be in (well, unless I ask my wallet!). Just staring at salty roads and wishing for some time and warmer weather...

tamasco
tamasco New Reader
2/13/17 10:42 a.m.

Long time lurker who has finally made an account. Similar to another forum member here, my early 90's Corolla is constantly broken.

Ed Higginbotham
2/13/17 11:05 a.m.

Welcome, tamasco! Glad you stepped in the door. Hope you enjoy it.

MoCounselor
MoCounselor
2/15/17 11:26 a.m.

I'm new'ish to the forum. Long-time lurker, previously registered under an old username. I've been subscriber to GRM consistently for the past 12 years (I got in on the 10 years for 99.99 deal back in 2007,) and a reader since the mid-90's.

Ed Higginbotham
2/15/17 11:52 a.m.

Glad to have you here, MoCounselor! Thanks for reading! Let us know if you're in need of another 10-year subscription!

MoCounselor
MoCounselor New Reader
2/15/17 1:26 p.m.

I'm actually coming up for renewal. Any chance of a similar deal being given? If so, you'd have a 20-year subscriber on your hands!

Ed Higginbotham wrote: Glad to have you here, MoCounselor! Thanks for reading! Let us know if you're in need of another 10-year subscription!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m5gDomyR5rMNQ0gkQ4quTiLAofvwYWyOvUnWhqSrtxJC4jSHk78HAhI0KXttg2F6