1 2 3 4
logdog
logdog UltraDork
8/12/17 8:37 p.m.

The management of Skip Barber Racing School can bite my....

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UltraDork
8/12/17 8:45 p.m.
jj wrote: wow, racing is dying.

Nah. There are 400 to 500 racers right now doing 24 hours of vir that probably wouldn't be racing at all if it weren't for the cheap and easy to enter racing leagues going on right now.

I see racing growing like crazy at the grassroots level.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project New Reader
8/12/17 10:10 p.m.

I'd gladly take one of those beat up Miatas off their hands. Or maybe even something else. Wonder what kind of prices we will see...

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
8/13/17 6:39 a.m.

I can't imagine any of those miatas or formula cars will get more than 4-6K. They were looking pretty rough. Provided the chassis is straight, it'd make a really run track day car for under 10K all in though.

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
8/13/17 8:53 a.m.

A realy clean example of one of those formula cars would be in the $12-$15k range.

I am expecting them to go for 1/3 of that and hoping for 1/5 that.

Wonder if the racing suits and shoes and stuff will be sold individually or as a lot?

Wouldnt mind picking up a setup cheap.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
8/13/17 9:44 a.m.

Some of the stuff being sold off.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
8/13/17 9:46 a.m.

Some of these cars look in pretty rough shape.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
8/13/17 9:47 a.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
8/13/17 9:48 a.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
8/13/17 9:50 a.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
8/13/17 9:51 a.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
8/13/17 9:52 a.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
8/13/17 9:55 a.m.

5489 Technology Parkway, Braselton, GA. Selloff starts Aug 29.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
8/13/17 12:24 p.m.

The thing with the Formula cars is that unless they already slot into another existing racing class, they're pretty much lawn ornaments. Can't take them to (most) track days and if there's no class, who are you racing against?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
8/13/17 12:39 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim:

With that many, all your friends and family!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/13/17 12:55 p.m.

Anybody know what transaxles those are?

stroker
stroker UltraDork
8/13/17 3:27 p.m.

Anybody know max driver size on those formula cars? We need a list of forum members who plan to attend that thing.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
8/13/17 4:24 p.m.

I'm guessing there's no online bidding?

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
8/13/17 5:54 p.m.

there are enough formula cars to start a class, like Very Stock engine and transaxel,just like what NCJay showed.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
8/13/17 7:21 p.m.

How the hell do you do a 90 day auction? Surely they must have some sort of schedule as to what items will be up for bids by calendar date...

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
8/13/17 8:19 p.m.
stroker wrote: How the hell do you do a 90 day auction? Surely they must have some sort of schedule as to what items will be up for bids by calendar date...

Exactly! Anyone have any information on how the process is going to work?

logdog
logdog UltraDork
8/14/17 10:26 p.m.

The credit card company is mailing us a check for our school fee we paid when we enrolled. So that is good. My wife looked through the legal stuff. It appears they entered a motion to sell instead of restructure on Aug 8. It sold for 830k.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
8/15/17 7:35 a.m.

In reply to MrJoshua:

I asked to.be included on the sellers website but haven't heard anything from them yet. There was also a phone number. I may try to call that today.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/15/17 8:47 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Exactly! Anyone have any information on how the process is going to work?

Well yes actually!

I've been communicating with the firm holding the liquidation sale (Liquid Asset Partners) and although they don't have all the details yet, here's what they know so far:

We will have a list of items for sale – hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday of this week. A lot of people that we’ve talked to already regarding this sale are confused as to how the process works. It will not be an auction; it will be an on-site, extended-negotiated sale. The first day of the sale will be August 29, beginning at 11:00am at the location in Braselton, GA, and will be open 6 or 7 days a week there-after for about 3 months (hours and exact dates of the sale are TBD, but we should have that information narrowed down soon).

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
8/16/17 8:08 a.m.

Thanks for the info.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Uzm9CwumekuShtijrSNoxkiqArTklNBskJtuHuMjT5PVBQY3Temg5MyDnar6otOX