1 2 3
thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
1/8/17 9:29 p.m.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-kia-stinger-sports-sedan-photos-and-info-news. Color me intrigued, a lot of performance goodies chucked at this one.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/8/17 10:11 p.m.

Cool. I wonder what msrp will be?

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
1/8/17 10:38 p.m.

wow.. the rear looks seriously mean.. almost alfa like. And for once Kia's corporate grill seems to fit the car well

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/8/17 11:30 p.m.

I like it.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/9/17 12:26 a.m.

Man, I already like the Kia Optima, Cadenza, and K900, now they bring this to the table? Damn.

I have a feeling the MSRP will be close to the K900.

That back end looks awesome.

Robbie
Robbie UltraDork
1/9/17 5:27 a.m.

I spy FD taillights

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
1/9/17 6:15 a.m.

I just hope they're bold enough to go with a brazen marketing tagine "the stinger gt, it's like a Panamera, except you wouldn't be embarrassed being seen in it"

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/9/17 6:18 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: wow.. the rear looks seriously mean.. almost alfa like. And for once Kia's corporate grill seems to fit the car well

Yeah, i was going to say to put a triangle in the center of the grill and call it an Alfa!

Hey Koreans: it's time reverse engineer Alfa Busso V6 engine noise.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr SuperDork
1/9/17 6:22 a.m.
Robbie wrote: I spy audi taillights

ftfy.

Phillip
Phillip SuperDork
1/9/17 6:32 a.m.

I like it so far. It looks like a 3 Series and A7 had a kid.

scardeal
scardeal SuperDork
1/9/17 7:29 a.m.

Color me curious.

My mind instantly thought: Size? Weight? Price?

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
1/9/17 7:38 a.m.
scardeal wrote: Color me curious. My mind instantly thought: Size? Weight? Price?

120" wheelbase, 4000lb, $35k

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
1/9/17 8:05 a.m.

Front end looks like an M6, rear looks like a charger. Interesting.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
1/9/17 8:57 a.m.

No manual? This really sounds like it should have one.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
1/9/17 9:04 a.m.

What I'm most surprised with is hte lack of Tau V8. Don't get me wrong, twin turbo 3.3L V6 sounds awesome and all but I'd loveto hear that 5.0L screaming in that chassis.

Also, the article I read was so stupid it made me want to stab someone. Some comment like "and at 365hp it'll be the most powerful Kia ever made". Really? You already forget the 420hp N/A K900? douchebag. They give out new journalism degrees in boxes of cracker jacks now?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
1/9/17 9:15 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: They give out new journalism degrees in boxes of cracker jacks now?

Don't confuse blogging and online articles with journalism. This is where a lot of "journalists" are getting their start, and they seem to skip the basic such as fact checking and research.

STM317
STM317 HalfDork
1/9/17 9:42 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

That takes too much time. We've got to get the story out now!!!

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/9/17 9:53 a.m.
STM317 wrote: In reply to pinchvalve: That takes too much time. We've got to get the story out now!!!

That is the big downside of digital media. The pressure to be the first to get a story online often results in lax journalism standards.

Doesn't look like a bad car. Not something I'd buy, manual transmission or not, but kudos to Kia for building it.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
1/9/17 10:20 a.m.

The design of the rear is fabulous.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/9/17 10:24 a.m.

I am definitely interested but, as usual, I am not the target market. Maybe after a couple years and I can get one used for 60% sticker.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/9/17 10:25 a.m.

I thought Kias were disposable appliances until a Quoris blew past me. I was confused because the trunk badge looked a lot like a Maserati trident.

$60,000 isn't disposable.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
1/9/17 10:27 a.m.

That's a handsome looking sedan. The hood vents are in interesting touch.

I hope it drives well. Car & Driver seemed like they had nothing nice to say about the K900.

scardeal
scardeal SuperDork
1/9/17 10:43 a.m.

Wish it were smaller, then, but still with that TT V6...

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/9/17 11:54 a.m.

In reply to The0retical:

That is likely because C&D has their head up Munich's ass.

mblommel
mblommel HalfDork
1/9/17 12:06 p.m.

I'm really digging this. I can definitely see BMW, Audi, Mercedes and Alfa influences. No M/T, but in a car like this one not sure it's needed. One cool thing I read is that the North American market will get a different, louder, exhaust system. Yay! For once we get something better rather than the E36 M3tier watered down version. I never would have visited a KIA dealership before this.

Not sure how credible it is but this article from Forbes says it drives as good as it looks.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oDvys3O6eUeaMxG6CNRfexcQN5giUpHrAUsjz35fq53GyrKmZQJVuwbCWYyHKTLE