1 2 3
DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
8/15/17 4:45 p.m.

JRCross (member here) stubled upon this. I'm going to have to make a trip with him.... Link

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
8/15/17 4:54 p.m.

Bad link?

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
8/15/17 5:06 p.m.

Link fixified

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
8/15/17 5:59 p.m.
DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
8/15/17 9:57 p.m.

The county has ordered him to sell 20 cars a month!!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/15/17 10:18 p.m.

Ohhhh my. There are more than a couple things there I want. I am also in for a16v vw.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
8/15/17 10:41 p.m.

I love hearing the guy in the video completely geek out when he sees something interesting. I get the impression he could talk your ears off about some of the stuff in there.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
8/16/17 12:38 a.m.

Holey Toledo! A Jeepster!

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
8/16/17 6:26 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: The county has ordered him to sell 20 cars a month!!!

With Michigan Laws saying you must have a license if selling more than 7? cars a month, are they enforcing that as well?

Found some of the CL links.

$1200 Bundle of 3 Miatas

SHOs - just for the intakes alone

The 240z looks pretty nice as well.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
8/16/17 7:24 a.m.

I suppose a court order can overrule the law? I hadn't thought about that, good question.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler UberDork
8/16/17 8:31 a.m.

Found it on Google Maps.

Helluva find. I wish I had the money, time, and motivation to take on another project right now. That Scirocco and the E24 are calling my name.....

pkingham
pkingham Reader
8/16/17 8:39 a.m.

I drive by on North Territorial on my commute. I had no idea that was there.

Erich
Erich UltraDork
8/16/17 9:34 a.m.

Well, I may have to go over there. Wonder if any of the Volvos were turbos or manual transmissions.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler UberDork
8/16/17 9:46 a.m.
pkingham wrote: I drive by on North Territorial on my commute. I had no idea that was there.

Yeah, I used to drive through there all the time, too. When I saw the globe tower thingy at the beginning of the video, I knew right where it was.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
8/16/17 12:05 p.m.

that's about 20 minutes from my front door. I'm going to go check it out one of these days.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
8/16/17 12:16 p.m.

also, each ad ends with the phrase "thanks for looking, Ron" so that's a convenient search phrase to see the rest of his ads.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
8/16/17 1:14 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: also, each ad ends with the phrase "thanks for looking, Ron" so that's a convenient search phrase to see the rest of his ads.

Good catch.

Kind of a shame he's being forced to liquidate. On the other hand, these outdoor hoardes otherwise seem to get way over the heads of those assembling them, and everything ends up rotting rather than finding ways into hands of actual owners/restorers/parts needers, etc. Everything is always "planned to restore" but all that really happens is accumulation and eventual decaying.

Maybe it's for his own good?

I generally feel like his property, his rights, his stuff, but I suppose it's a bit more complicated than that.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler UberDork
8/16/17 1:48 p.m.

Just an FYI for anyone considering these cars, I would just assume that none of them have floors. Michigan + sitting outside in the grass for untold years = rust city, probably. And a nice variety of critters calling them home, as well.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/16/17 1:49 p.m.

450SL mmmmmmmmm

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
8/16/17 2:33 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: Just an FYI for anyone considering these cars, I would just assume that none of them have floors. Michigan + sitting outside in the grass for untold years = rust city, probably. And a nice variety of critters calling them home, as well.

Makes you wonder what he has stashed inside the buildings.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
8/16/17 2:50 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: Just an FYI for anyone considering these cars, I would just assume that none of them have floors. Michigan + sitting outside in the grass for untold years = rust city, probably. And a nice variety of critters calling them home, as well.

One of the Miatas had vegetation growing in the passenger foot well, so, yeah, be warned.

stan
stan UltraDork
8/16/17 2:51 p.m.

2 cars for $1400, 3 cars for $1200...

Looks like there will be some nice deals in all this somewhere.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
8/16/17 6:50 p.m.

Clearly the answer is for all of us, plus the entire GRM staff, to chip in on the entire lot. Then we could scatter the collection around our individual locations so none of us end up in this same predicament. We'd end up with both a long future of Challenge cars, and GRM project cars. Win-win!

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/16/17 8:00 p.m.

It is in his best interests

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
8/16/17 9:13 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden:

Wait a minute, "we decided"? My best interests! Etc

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners