rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
6/26/17 6:57 p.m.

Is anybody on here interested in checking out a car for me? I'm looking at another Saab 900, but it's over 4 hours away. Apparently the bottom is very rusty, and I'm not sure if it's savable. I'll pay for your time. Thanks.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
6/26/17 8:10 p.m.

If someone in PA says "it's rusty", usually they mean it.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
6/26/17 10:24 p.m.

How soon do you need it looked at? I'm within an hour of There and might be able to look at it.

rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
6/27/17 5:38 a.m.

In reply to 92dxman:

No big hurry. I'm on vacation for the rest of this week. It looks good from the pictures, but I'm scared of whats under it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
6/27/17 6:29 a.m.

I live VERY close to there, let me know if you need it looked at. There's a solid chance I've seen it before or even know the owner.

MugenReplica
MugenReplica New Reader
6/27/17 7:03 a.m.

Just under 2 hour drive for me. Looks like it's closer to Philly and if somebody says it's rusty, I'd believe them as they salt like crazy down there.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
6/27/17 8:18 a.m.

It's about an hour south of home or 30 minutes from work for me.

rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
6/27/17 11:14 a.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯:

It sounds like you are closest, if you don't mind I'll email the owner and see what I can set up.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
6/27/17 11:15 a.m.

Sure thing, you can let me know through the PM system here. After work is best for me, I can drop by on my way home without adding to my commute.

rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
6/27/17 9:33 p.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯:

Awesome, I just emailed her to see what works. I'll gladly reimburse you for your time.

RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
6/28/17 12:53 p.m.

That's funny. We got married there and I don't think I've seen the name in print since! Nice area. Old money. I'd expect the car to be in beautifully maintained shape but if they say rusty I bet they damn well mean it.

Sounds like Mr. Shruggy has got it covered anyway.

rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
6/29/17 3:56 p.m.

It got sold before anybody could go look at it. I love this place, everybody here is so helpful and friendly.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MZe7AdoT3LhC8bYNaxgMvAE84TSsRxglm2FYlt81CL9pUqVeQFBYGPF0R6c1gz4q