6 7 8 9 10
RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
4/12/17 9:46 a.m.

It's now brighter in the carport at night than during the day. Guess maintenance projects are for night shift now.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
4/14/17 4:26 a.m.

The headache medicine I took had 50 mg of caffeine. I managed to get 2 hours of sleep tonight.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
4/14/17 7:57 a.m.

I had to choose between the 5-series and the 7-series for my commute.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
4/14/17 8:41 a.m.

I just found out that my 2017 raise is .60 cents per hour. Not terrible but it's the biggest raise we've gotten since 2008, it'll take more than that to get my spending power back to where it was pre-recession.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/14/17 9:27 a.m.
maschinenbau wrote: Then check the sugar content in grams. There are 4 grams in a teaspoon. It is recommended to have less than 9 teaspoons of added sugar per day. That's only 36 grams. A 12 oz Coke has 38 grams. If its something like natural jam which has fruit and water as the only listed ingredient, then those sugars are not ADDED and don't count towards that 36 grams. Even stuff like pasta sauce is getting tons of added sugar these days. It's hard to avoid.

Holy crap. A serving of ice cream is only 20 grams of sugar. I can have two servings of ice cream for the same sugar content as a can of coke. I'll enjoy the ice cream more.

Baroness doesn't like it, but I prefer to eat ice cream strait out of the carton. I eat less than if I scoop it into a bowl.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
4/14/17 12:39 p.m.

My philly cheese steak had mushrooms.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
4/14/17 1:40 p.m.

My autocross venue is less than two miles from my house, I can't decide if I should just drive there on Hoosiers or change then on-site.

**do I win the epitome' of "first world problem" yet?

einy
einy Reader
4/14/17 4:48 p.m.

I ran out of anti-seize during a brake job today, and had to jump in one of my spare vehicles to drive 2 miles to get some more. And a Twix bar.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
4/15/17 12:30 a.m.
Beer Baron wrote: Baroness doesn't like it, but I prefer to eat ice cream strait out of the carton. I eat less than if I scoop it into a bowl.

I'm jealous of your restraint. The last time I tried that I ate a half gallon of ice cream standing infront of the freezer. I can't bring ice cream home anymore. If I want it I go out and get one cone.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
4/15/17 6:37 a.m.
Wall-e wrote:
Beer Baron wrote: Baroness doesn't like it, but I prefer to eat ice cream strait out of the carton. I eat less than if I scoop it into a bowl.
I'm jealous of your restraint. The last time I tried that I ate a half gallon of ice cream standing infront of the freezer. I can't bring ice cream home anymore. If I want it I go out and get one cone.

Ice cream will decompose in my freezer before I finish it. Keep the potato chips away though.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/15/17 7:05 a.m.
Woody wrote:
Wall-e wrote:
Woody wrote: I'm worried that I'm going to be asleep when the baby giraffe falls out.
Looks like your giraffe is ready.
Start boiling some water! We need hot towels!!

Okay, this time she's not fooling. There are baby giraffe legs hanging out.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
4/15/17 7:21 a.m.
Wall-e wrote:

I ate three half-gallons of Bryer's (I think? Local company) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough during a Beavis and Butt-Head Moron-a-thon, once.

This was when I was a teenager and I had a metabolism like those grinders in the Will It Shred videos. Now, I can have a taste of ice cream and feel kinda sick.

(mmm.... raw cookie dough.... homer drool noises )

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
4/15/17 7:22 a.m.

I can't decide which japanese engine to put in my cold war era eastern block car, and I'm going to an auction in july with the sole purpose of bidding on a Trabant.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
4/15/17 10:14 a.m.

In reply to patgizz:

Miata body swap seems like the obvious choice.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
4/15/17 10:15 a.m.
Woody wrote:
Woody wrote:
Wall-e wrote:
Woody wrote: I'm worried that I'm going to be asleep when the baby giraffe falls out.
Looks like your giraffe is ready.
Start boiling some water! We need hot towels!!
Okay, this time she's not fooling. There are baby giraffe legs hanging out.

I hoped it got halfway out and crawled back in.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
4/15/17 10:18 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad: Drive there. Warming them up in traffic should be fun.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
4/15/17 12:41 p.m.

Alldata lists oil pan gasket replacement for my car at 6.6 hours . Here goes nothing.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill UberDork
4/16/17 5:27 a.m.
patgizz wrote: I can't decide which japanese engine to put in my cold war era eastern block car, and I'm going to an auction in july with the sole purpose of bidding on a Trabant.

If that doesn't work, I can help you get just about any eastern bloc car you want

As far as Japanese engine swap goes: Yamaha R1. Duh!

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
4/19/17 11:37 a.m.

Parts are showing up faster than I can install 'em.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
4/19/17 11:51 a.m.

I forgot my lunch and don't know which fast food I want to eat the most.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/19/17 7:34 p.m.
Wall-e wrote:

I'm weird. Don't have a huge sweet tooth. I enjoy it, but it's not compulsive.

Popcorn however... you need a crowbar to to pull that out of my hands. I will eat a large tub of popcorn if you place that in my lap.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
4/19/17 9:23 p.m.

I really like some of the newer GM cars but they are forever inaccessible to me because I morally can not own any car with daytime running lights, and I am insulted by a car that locks the doors automatically. What if I want them unlocked? I want power locks on my doors and I want their status to be none of HAL's damn business. And I can't drive a car with DRLs if I am continually pissed off at people who drive with lights on during the daytime.

This IS what is keeping me out of a Sonic RS. The money is there, the will is there, but berk auto-locking doors and berk DRLs.

At least with an STI, I could remove the HID lights and install regular non-shiny happy person headlights and have a decent little car...

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
4/20/17 10:49 a.m.

My thread didn't get locked. It got POOFED!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
4/20/17 10:54 a.m.

Im on vacation and feeling bad for nit surfing craigslist.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
4/20/17 10:50 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

I was playing around with the menus on my dad's 2013 Silverado one day, found you can turn the auto door locks off. No clue on the DRLs, this truck only has them because it's an un-exported Canukistani truck.

6 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lc1zkLMXxXkAPSTrzfclysUwKf5i65l9Dins1fadoRGZhxMqmVGRQ3itDWNRy2Ed