iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
4/29/17 6:05 p.m.

Has six out of ten most dangerous highways in the US.

By a large margin.

XLR99
XLR99 Dork
4/29/17 6:16 p.m.

Arent their roads all straight?

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle Dork
4/29/17 6:18 p.m.

Alligators in the alley. And turtles apparently.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
4/29/17 8:12 p.m.
XLR99 wrote: Arent their roads all straight?

but their drivers are little old hunched over ladies who can't see over the steering wheel

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
4/29/17 8:18 p.m.
iceracer wrote: Has six out of ten most dangerous highways in the US. By a large margin.

Source?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/29/17 10:49 p.m.
XLR99 wrote: Arent their roads all straight?

According to most of our drivers they can only. be driven two ways. 29 under the speed limit blocking traffic, or mach berkeleying 6 weaving in and out like some light speed velociraptors are on your ass.

XLR99
XLR99 Dork
4/30/17 9:09 a.m.

travellering
travellering Reader
4/30/17 9:45 a.m.

Driving from Knoxville down to Orlando, I have three things that mark distances on the trip. The first is surviving the lunatic drivers of Atlanta, the second is the billboards for the "broken neck girls"(ads for some strip joint in south georgia, every girl poses with their heads at some odd angle..), and the Third feature let's me know I'm practically in Florida. You'll notice when you get close, every exit ramp has one set of tire tracks that perfectly splits the distance between highway and exit ramp...

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
4/30/17 10:06 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
iceracer wrote: Has six out of ten most dangerous highways in the US. By a large margin.
Source?

The internet of course. Look under traffic deaths by state.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
4/30/17 10:26 a.m.

In reply to iceracer:

To be fair, when the 163 year old dies behind the wheel of natural causes (spontaneously turning into dust) it probably gets marked as a "traffic death" because nobody dies of getting old anymore. And traffic was caused by said expiration soooooo.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
4/30/17 10:54 a.m.

I live in Melbourne, FL which has I-95, US-1, and A1A... pretty confident those are 3 of the 6

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/30/17 11:26 a.m.
NordicSaab wrote: I live in Melbourne, FL which has I-95, US-1, and A1A... pretty confident those are 3 of the 6

Us1 is number one in multiple studies. I4 isn't much better.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
4/30/17 11:31 a.m.

I looked it up. Deaths by highway, not miles traveled, per number of cars, etc. Loooong state=long highways=more deaths. By that logic a highway can magically go from dangerous to safe just by crossing a state border into a short state. Fun internet article, bad science.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rH4sbuHFCD9DmSN2Jk7971lkaoZ6hg6dLzqEco3W9K8U3VXP17VVLw18VJ5zEd9h