1 2 3
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/5/15 10:19 a.m.

Hi, and welcome to our Off Topic forum. We invite conversation on a variety of topics here, but with the following caveats. Please note that failure to adhere to these rules will result in expulsion from the forum--not because we like being dicks, but because we want to establish and maintain a pleasant, fun atmosphere here. So keep in mind that: You are at a party. A nice cocktail party with a mix of people--some friends, some strangers. Therefore you will observe basic rules of etiquette:

You will refrain from politics, religion, or droning on long after the rest of the party has walked away from a conversation. Not because these topics are delicious forbidden fruit that you can't have because the world has nambified and now sucks, but because it's rude, and rarely brings a conversation to a good end. Besides, although you can't see it, you look like a shiny happy person standing there in the middle of the room spouting and arguing with yourself. And shiny happy people are not fun.

You will try to raise your standards, since this particular party has some pretty smart people present and, once again, you don't want to look like an idiot standing in the middle of the room.

You will not expect democracy or "free speech." You are in my house, and if you offend me, I'm sure as E36 M3 gonna kick you out. Double that if you make me look bad to the neighbors (i.e. my present and prospective customers). Don't take my house for granted, and clean up after yourself.

Welcome newcomers to the party. You were new once. No party is more dead than the one with the cliquish group over in the corner staring suspiciously at the dip. So open your ears, close your mouth, and make sure you mingle. Your new best friend may have just arrived.

And if the "party" metaphor doesn't work, let me lay this out: This here forum is for my business (wowza, what a concept). Tim and I have spent 30+ years building that business, especially the tone and flavor of that business, and you are crazy if you feel entitled to dictate that it be any different from what we, and the people we work with, have chosen and worked to promulgate. So don't expect some kindergarten "fairness" here, and don't try to enforce saloon rules either.

We're shooting for a middle ground we like to call "adult conversation." Thanks. Have fun. Mingle.

Margie

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/5/15 10:24 a.m.

Geez mom we heard you I'll clean my room later

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/5/15 10:26 a.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard:

Well okay, but could you change your avatar? It really creeps me out.

Marjorie Suddard
8/5/15 10:28 a.m.

I freakin' LOVE my avatar. It's an Aye-Aye. So cute, yet terrifying. So, um, no.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
8/5/15 10:30 a.m.

Got it.

And well put.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltimaDork
8/5/15 10:36 a.m.

Now, if y'all are looking for the Jordan Belfort/Hunter S Thompson kegger, Reddit is still online last time I checked.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork

Considering that this forum IS my religion, I will strive to follow the rules.

The Gathering Darkness
The Gathering Darkness MegaDork

So.... you want more like this party...

than this one?

Roger, that. I'm probably still spiking the punch though.

Marjorie Suddard
8/5/15 10:39 a.m.

Oh, sweetie, neither... I was looking for the over-16 set. You want YouTube comments--let me know if you need the link.

Margie

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/5/15 10:44 a.m.

YouTube? How about that. What will they think of next!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
8/5/15 11:01 a.m.

Don't ruin the damn party.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/5/15 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

I think she's just looking for one that's less like this:

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
8/5/15 12:00 p.m.

I remember a post where she said we reminded her of the obstacle course scene in Stripes.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler SuperDork
8/5/15 12:23 p.m.

As usual, Mom is right.

Gary
Gary Dork
8/5/15 12:29 p.m.

Bravo, Margie. Hopefully things will calm down a bit now.

logdog
logdog SuperDork
8/5/15 12:35 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: No party is more dead than the one with the cliquish group over in the corner staring suspiciously at the dip.

What kind of dip? If its Heluva Good french onion Im eating the whole container, no matter who is staring at it.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
8/5/15 12:49 p.m.

You finally took my advice. It's about berkeleying time.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
8/5/15 12:50 p.m.

Cannot help feeling like I have missed something... Probably a good thing?

Marjorie Suddard
8/5/15 1:01 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: You finally took my advice. It's about berkeleying time.

Um, nice. Excuse me, I see someone across the room that I just have to say hi to.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/5/15 2:48 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: Cannot help feeling like I have missed something... Probably a good thing?

Same here. I'll take it to mean that I'm not part of the problem

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
8/5/15 3:07 p.m.

Aye, Captain. Well said, madam. I do enjoy a good party. Pass the French Onion Dip.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
8/5/15 3:08 p.m.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
8/5/15 3:11 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:

Glad you stayed for the toast

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
8/5/15 3:11 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: Um, nice. Excuse me, I see someone across the room that I just have to say hi to.

Will this be like our parties, where people are both naughty and nice at the same time?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/5/15 3:21 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: Will this be like our parties, where people are both naughty and nice at the same time?

They always take a turn for the worse when the furries, midgets and cross dressers show up

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OxddExML4xBhWdCcO1BhIhYY6F5hxcsovt1IxPSV10nJIeFtjHRK2RG1MyH8Zvrg