1 2 3
Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
7/4/17 8:31 p.m.

Wev had a steady stream of fireworks going off all around us. The wife and I are sitting on the porch enjoying them and as usual Ollie the Wonderdog is snoring away.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/4/17 10:09 p.m.

We're enjoying it too. But at around 10:30 it abruptly stopped. The neighbors are very considerate ...I guess.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
7/4/17 10:20 p.m.

Holy carp! Life here in little Mexico is exciting tonight. 11:20 and at least 10 people still going at it hammer and tongs. WW3 couldn't sound much more dramatic, waves of smoke have given way to a more even and complete fog.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltraDork
7/5/17 7:38 a.m.

I went out to potty the dog before bed last night- fireworks going off everywhere. You could hear the distant booms and the nearby crackles. The shelling seemed to be coming from all directions. I'm fortunate enough to have never been in battle, but it's what I imagine it would sound like.

As others have said, it's only berkeleying once a year. We have a toddler, and infant, and a dog. We deal.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
7/5/17 9:11 a.m.

As soon as the summer arrives, every night in my redneck Massachusetts town (Middleboro for the locals) is a game of "Were Those Gunshots or Fireworks?", and this weekend was no exception. There was some extra 'Merica in this year's festivities for sure, as my house was shaking last night! Luckily, my dog Holly could give two craps about fireworks. Only a couple times when the really loud ones went off did she peek her head up.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/5/17 11:53 a.m.

I got busted. For lighting off a bottle rocket. Illinois is on of the most uptight states in the nation. Not even a striaght up fine. I have to go to court. The hell?

Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/29/19 8:20 p.m.

Another year (I think it's June 29 by my calendar) and we're having a great fireworks display already.  I'm not complaining. I like it. But I don't have pets that don't like it, as some of you do.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
6/29/19 9:08 p.m.

8:05.  This morning.  Been like this for about 2-3 months already.  It's gettin' hard to hear the gunshots. frown

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
6/30/19 10:46 a.m.

Last night was awesome. We had a pop-up thunderstorm roll through last night so it was a game of "thunder or rednecks shooting off mortars?"

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/3/19 8:02 p.m.

So now it's the third. I'm sitting on the patio at 9:00 pm and loving it. Big bombs going off. We live at the top of a hill. The Pawtuxet River Valley is below. Unfortunately for us, the folks setting off this fabulous display are downhill, so although we can hear their fireworks, we only see the highest form because of the trees. But spectacular anyway.

But occasionally they set off a high altitude mortar that we can see!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8yGjrgMTn4KZDJrVa83PwTl2H65ErQJtkNYnz5d3owQMEDh2r3qXGkRcdrtUdDi0