GordonD
GordonD New Reader
8/16/17 10:55 a.m.

When I first opened it on my iPad there was a read and a download option. After reading it there's now only a read offline option

Ideally I'd like to download this to my Windows 10 box where printing is much easier than stupid Apple. Any ideas?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/17/17 9:14 a.m.

Is Glovebox Companion the name of an app or is it some kind of map? I can't find exactly which document you're talking about.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
8/17/17 9:25 a.m.

I Believe it's an E-book that he's mentioning.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/17/17 10:47 a.m.

He's talking about something that we made for our Classic Motorsports readers--or, really, anyone who's into older sports cars. It's a book containing all sorts of helpful info regarding tune-ups, detailing, tires, seasonal checklists, autocross driving tips, buying advice, towing tips, trucking tips, car storage, etc., etc.

Right now we're offering hard copies as a promo item with Classic Motorsports subscriptions. The hard copies have a cool, old school look.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane Dork
8/17/17 10:50 a.m.

Hey David,

Do existing subscribers get them? I think I have 7 or 8 years left on my CM sub.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/17/17 10:53 a.m.

The Classic Motorsports Glovebox Companion, and Grassroots Motorsports Trackside Companion are booklets that we've recently published compiling over 30 years of useful knowledge into a tidy little package.

links

We'll be selling these in our online store, and giving them away for free with subscription deals. Both books are loaded with tips on detailing, handling, car set up and troubleshooting.

GordonD----- I've sent your question to our digital guys--- we'll have an answer for you soon!

GordonD
GordonD New Reader
8/17/17 12:02 p.m.

Thanks for looking into this. I've been working with a friend (in my garage) getting a 76 TR6 roadworthy and this booklet is definitely something worth keeping close to remind him/us of how to methodically troubleshoot any issues - especially away from home.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/17/17 2:35 p.m.

^^^ Funny, I'll be keeping one in my TR6's glovebox as well!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5W8j4HOZWAGQ8nOP5MT1CzPv1VbZHBtyudGJq189d1R6dlfUf6jMaq2oHdGtNSPx