Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
4/30/17 5:18 p.m.

Absolutely beautiful day here today. Mid 70s and sunshine. Bike is at the dealers so I decided to give the Civic a little run. Found some awesome completely empty back roads, mix of asphalt dirt and gravel. Played for around an hour or so and...

No joy at all. This car just sucks all the fun out of driving. She can protest and threaten all she wants. I'm putting it up on CL.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
4/30/17 6:02 p.m.

I forgot to eat lunch today. Dammit.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
5/1/17 9:11 a.m.

For some reason "we" scheduled our next autocross event for Mothers Day. Tiger Mom was happy with it and all was ok in the world. My brother and mother are throwing absolute hissy fits that we HAVE to have a proper celebration on the actual day!! Thanks for being flexible guys. It makes my life so much easier

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/1/17 9:35 a.m.

We have mice. I'm giving these humane traps 24 more hours. If we don't have a mouse in there tomorrow, we're getting out the mice killers.

johndej
johndej Reader
5/1/17 9:41 a.m.

From yesterday. Great weekend at the track, they need to sweep it way more often. 2nd to last session the guy in front of me got a bit off line and threw up a ton of rocks that had been gathering up. Put one clean through the triangle side window on my miata :(.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
5/1/17 10:07 a.m.

Do we really need 13 different May Day protests in one city? Couldn't you folks get together and make one or two decent sized ones we could work around instead of clogging everything with this nonsense? The amusing part is that the only people really affected by these protests are the low income workers the proclaim to be helping since they have no option but to sit in traffic for an extra 2-3 hours to get to and from their low paying jobs that they can't call in to.

penultimeta
penultimeta HalfDork
5/1/17 10:16 a.m.

What's with all these "Best offer" prices of Craigslist? Are you too lazy to look up the market value of your car or just think the rest of us are too stupid to do so and will offer you way too much money? Please, take some responsibility and don't be a sleazeball.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
5/1/17 10:25 a.m.

Dear aftermarket parts company, why do you treat me, and by extension my clients, with such contempt?

Just because you put a 300a label on a 225a contactor with same frame size, and charge $80 more for it, that doesn't make it a 300a contactor.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
5/1/17 10:28 a.m.
penultimeta wrote: What's with all these "Best offer" prices of Craigslist? Are you too lazy to look up the market value of your car or just think the rest of us are too stupid to do so and will offer you way too much money? Please, take some responsibility and don't be a sleazeball.

I always think they think people will call and offer $100,000 but usually they call and low ball and make the guy mad. Hence the term "low ballers".

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
5/1/17 1:59 p.m.

I moved out of my rented house March 22nd. The property management company said I would get my damage deposit check back in "no more than 3 weeks". I called them at week 3 to confirm I was, in fact getting my deposit back and that they had the right forwarding address. I was assured it was on the way. I called them again about a week after that and they seemed to be annoyed that I called them again. Its been almost 6 weeks now. WHERE THE berkeley IS MY $850 AT? I mean hell, I filed my federal taxes AFTER I moved out and MAILED them in and I recieved my refund in like 3 weeks.

I have bills to pay but no money to pay them and its pissing me off because I have to wait on incompetent, inconsiderate people that suck at their job.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/1/17 2:32 p.m.

Dear subcontractors: do your berkeleying jobs. Not bitch and complain.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
5/1/17 6:22 p.m.

rest in peace my beloved Dremil, I will miss you

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
5/1/17 8:42 p.m.

Dear Flying Insects, You have the entire world to fly around in. Please stay out of my face and ears or I will squoosh you. You have been warned.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
5/2/17 9:09 a.m.

On the subject of flying insects, how come hardly any of you hit the windshield of my car, but plenty of you hit my motorcycle helmet?

To the motorcyclists who was riding 5 ft off my bumper at 70 mph this morning and then passed on a double yellow, you are making other motorcyclists look bad. Cagers have a bad enough opinion of us riders, don't reinforce their perception.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
5/2/17 10:36 a.m.

Currently have 2 job offers that would provide better money and benefits, cant make a decision on weather i take the new job in my current feild, take the offer to move into a harder feild with growth oppurtinity or stay were i am for stability and insurance reasons.

wae
wae Dork
5/2/17 12:41 p.m.

It's "VEE-hik-uhl" not "vee-HIK-uhl"

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UltraDork
5/2/17 12:56 p.m.
dropstep wrote: Currently have 2 job offers that would provide better money and benefits, cant make a decision on weather i take the new job in my current feild, take the offer to move into a harder feild with growth oppurtinity or stay were i am for stability and insurance reasons.

I hope one of the jobs is a technical writer.

Sorry, I am an ass. I couldn't help it.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/2/17 1:55 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle:

DD#2 is renting a room in a house near campus. Her lease is up at the end of the month, the house is clean and fine, and the landlord is a top-shelf D-bag. I'm not looking forward to 2 months of bitter arguing to get my money back.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' Dork
5/2/17 2:09 p.m.
stanger_missle wrote: I moved out of my rented house March 22nd. The property management company said I would get my damage deposit check back in "no more than 3 weeks". I called them at week 3 to confirm I was, in fact getting my deposit back and that they had the right forwarding address. I was assured it was on the way. I called them again about a week after that and they seemed to be annoyed that I called them again. Its been almost 6 weeks now. WHERE THE berkeley IS MY $850 AT? I mean hell, I filed my federal taxes AFTER I moved out and MAILED them in and I recieved my refund in like 3 weeks. I have bills to pay but no money to pay them and its pissing me off because I have to wait on incompetent, inconsiderate people that suck at their job.

Why wasn’t the $850 damage deposit returned to you the INSTANT it was determined that there were no chargeable damages???

(Rhetorical Questions) Did you agree to lend them $850…were they paying you interest on the $850 (/Rhetorical Questions)

What’s that, you answered no to both questions. These clowns are Berking amateurs, it’s YOUR money.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
5/2/17 2:32 p.m.
RX Reven' wrote:
stanger_missle wrote: I moved out of my rented house March 22nd. The property management company said I would get my damage deposit check back in "no more than 3 weeks". I called them at week 3 to confirm I was, in fact getting my deposit back and that they had the right forwarding address. I was assured it was on the way. I called them again about a week after that and they seemed to be annoyed that I called them again. Its been almost 6 weeks now. WHERE THE berkeley IS MY $850 AT? I mean hell, I filed my federal taxes AFTER I moved out and MAILED them in and I recieved my refund in like 3 weeks. I have bills to pay but no money to pay them and its pissing me off because I have to wait on incompetent, inconsiderate people that suck at their job.
Why wasn’t the $850 damage deposit returned to you the INSTANT it was determined that there were no chargeable damages??? (Rhetorical Questions) Did you agree to lend them $850…were they paying you interest on the $850 (/Rhetorical Questions) What’s that, you answered no to both questions. These clowns are Berking amateurs, it’s YOUR money.

Depending on your state laws which vary widely, if the landlord fails to pay interest on your security deposit you may sue. I know a woman in Mass who had to pay $10,000 to a scumbag tenant when she failed to pay $3 worth of interest.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
5/2/17 2:51 p.m.

The BIL is being sentenced Thursday so we won't see him for a while. Since I'm not a complete monster The Wife and I took him for ice cream Sunday to say good by. We figured that was fitting since this whole thing started by meeting minors on the interweb and meeting them in a park.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/2/17 3:03 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

Should have bought him a Tickle Me Elmo. You know, for practice.

Karacticus
Karacticus HalfDork
5/2/17 3:03 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

Do you get to keep his van?

Furious_E
Furious_E Dork
5/2/17 3:15 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven':

berkeleying amateurs, Donny!

Also, DO NOT Google that phrase looking for a meme on your work computer. Does not return expected results. Hopefully I'm not summoned to a meeting with HR tomorrow lol

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/2/17 3:19 p.m.

Hey, Rob Halford: the phrase is "You've got another THINK coming". You even say the right word in the line immediately preceding - "If you think I'll let it go, you're mad." That's the entire point of the saying: If you think X, you're wrong; you have another think coming, because your first thinking was incorrect.

The song is still awesome, but that has bugged me since 1982.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SI7p6ODY0HBDzpLz2PgXgTciootl5VBoVmkOpmWOPSIb7va2cpAMqCE7k1BdnHrM