ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/17/17 6:45 a.m.

Hey Rock Auto...5%? really? that's your idea of a loyalty discount? That's just insulting, I KNOW what you charge just for shipping.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
8/17/17 7:25 a.m.
ultraclyde wrote:
Furious_E wrote:
Toyman01 wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: I think I'm officially old. Sitting in a chick-fil-a doing paperwork between appointments. Half the women coming in are wearing shorts that are so skimpy and tight that they may as well be underwear. What ever happened to leaving things to the imagination? Or modesty? This is what my daughter sees others wear, and asks to wear. Id rather she didn't. Ever. Get off my lawn!!!!
Good news, these are coming back into style. At 50, I should probably cheer, but I'm not dead yet.
At 27, my stance is this fad cannot die soon enough.
At 42 and happily married, I agree completely.

Also at 42 and happily married, I'm completely lost as to what exactly this line of discussion is about...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
8/17/17 8:06 a.m.
Ashyukun wrote:
ultraclyde wrote:
Furious_E wrote:
Toyman01 wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: I think I'm officially old. Sitting in a chick-fil-a doing paperwork between appointments. Half the women coming in are wearing shorts that are so skimpy and tight that they may as well be underwear. What ever happened to leaving things to the imagination? Or modesty? This is what my daughter sees others wear, and asks to wear. Id rather she didn't. Ever. Get off my lawn!!!!
Good news, these are coming back into style. At 50, I should probably cheer, but I'm not dead yet.
At 27, my stance is this fad cannot die soon enough.
At 42 and happily married, I agree completely.
Also at 42 and happily married, I'm completely lost as to what exactly this line of discussion is about...

I think its an argument over the relative merits of showing, or hiding muffintops.

WilD
WilD Dork
8/17/17 8:21 a.m.

I think it was more about cheeks... I saw a girl the other day with her lower butt very exposed, wearing something like a frilly "nighty" (sorry, but I don't really know the proper term for such lingerie) bottom. I said something to my wife and she said they were indeed shorts, and she had seen them in stores.

A word of warning about the mom shorts above. I have seen women wearing them, and while they do offer a lot of cheek coverage, they seem to often be worn with very tight or revealing tops, so you may not find them satisfactory either.

I personally do not care what other people wear one way another as long as they don't leave skidmarks on a seat I want to sit on.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/17/17 10:10 a.m.

Schedule vacation and buy plane tickets, first track day of year that doesn't conflict with autocross or offroad rally gets scheduled for when I'm on vacation. Then work on my Samurai gets held up until I'm on vacation. Then an autocross gets postponed to when I'm on vacation

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
8/17/17 10:19 a.m.

Getting called "angry at everyone" after someone gets butt hurt over a flippant comment about bad tourists clogging up the roads a week in advance of a 10 minute thing to see in the sky (which I'm going to watch with my wife and child and I'm looking forward to)

This same person managed to get involved in a racism/Civil War discussion and get the thread locked down.

I wasn't angry before, now I'm just more confused.

wae
wae Dork
8/17/17 10:39 a.m.

I just had to use this sentence: "Honey, I think I need to put new batteries in the bathroom trash can".

I hate the future sometimes.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
8/17/17 10:45 a.m.

I strongly dislike people who go back on their word and find it too hard to make a 5 min phone call or send an email.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/17/17 10:56 a.m.

I am the sum of all my failures.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
8/17/17 11:15 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
1kris06 wrote: If one more customer complains about brake noise on their type R, they're getting a bitch slap and napa blank rotors and non ceramic brake pads
Type R what? Brakes that squawk and squeak are the hallmark of high performance brakes. I asked a friend what pads he was running on his car specifically because i liked how noisy they were.

2018 honda civic type R

HonestSpeedShop
HonestSpeedShop New Reader
8/17/17 11:22 a.m.
1kris06 wrote:
Knurled wrote:
1kris06 wrote: If one more customer complains about brake noise on their type R, they're getting a bitch slap and napa blank rotors and non ceramic brake pads
Type R what? Brakes that squawk and squeak are the hallmark of high performance brakes. I asked a friend what pads he was running on his car specifically because i liked how noisy they were.
2018 honda civic type R

Already getting that at work also, This is going to be.... fun... Profitable is the word i was looking for.

Robbie
Robbie UberDork
8/17/17 12:08 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: I am the sum of all my failures.

Ouch buddy. You ok?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/17/17 12:43 p.m.
wae wrote: I just had to use this sentence: "Honey, I think I need to put new batteries in the bathroom trash can". I hate the future sometimes.

What does it do, say "I'm honored to accept your waste" when you throw things in it?

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
8/17/17 12:58 p.m.

I thought I was safe with a password even a smashy smashy 2 year old couldn't randomly hit to buy E36 M3 from my phone. I forgot about in game virtual currency. The stuff I've been grinding away for instead of paying ridiculous sums of cash for what amount to be some pretty pictures. 2 months of checking in every 4 to 6 hours and doing the bullE36 M3 daily quest to earn virtual currency, she spent it all without my realizing it on nothing that would make the game better.

Yes, this belongs in the first world problems thread but I didn't feel like looking for it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/17/17 1:01 p.m.

This seems like one of those terrible thoughts that swarm in your head if you stay awake too long. Been getting enough sleep?

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
8/17/17 1:10 p.m.

Teddy Roosevelt felt exactly the same way. Of course, he was so tough that his pecs were hard enough to stop a .32 bullet fired at him from only 20 feet away...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/17/17 4:05 p.m.

At home hunkering down for tropical storm Harvey now, after a 1.5 hour drive home in apocalyptic traffic. #islandlife

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
8/17/17 4:21 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Glad it's just a TS. Hope things stay in one piece and above sea level.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
8/17/17 6:27 p.m.

In there not a news or opinion website that isn't going after page views?

I just tried to read a article on Forbes. It was 24 pages long. They have been added to the do not click list.

CBS article several days ago? Yep, multiple pages.

They all read like a National Enquirer. Sensationalism and cliffhangers to entice you to boost their page views.

It's not worth trying to read. Disgusting.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
8/17/17 6:41 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: In there not a news or opinion website that isn't going after page views? I just tried to read a article on Forbes. It was 24 pages long. They have been added to the do not click list. CBS article several days ago? Yep, multiple pages. They all read like a National Enquirer. Sensationalism and cliffhangers to entice you to boost their page views. It's not worth trying to read. Disgusting.

BBC and der Speigal are the best for mostly unbiased news. As the BBC is underwritten by the British Government, not too many ads or clickbait

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
8/17/17 7:05 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

I can weed through the bias. Anymore it's so blatant my dog can figure it out. I like to read the biased pages for the laughs. I don't even mind the adds, as long as they aren't popups or videos that auto start. It's the one sentence per page with a crappy picture that pisses me off.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
8/17/17 7:20 p.m.
1kris06 wrote:
Knurled wrote:
2018 honda civic type R

For non race pads, I have found that regular cold hard application of the brakes to skim off the glaze makes brake noise go away.

Maybe you could tell them to stop being weenies and actually USE the brakes? That the brake noise is the car telling them that they suck as a driver, and if they wanted to play the 2-blocks-to-30mph-and-coast-to-a-stop game then they should have bought an Odyssey? No, you couldn't do that, that would be telling them the truth instead of what they want to hear.

My rant: I got stuck in traffic three times yesterday due to a-holes in Odysseys driving incredibly slow and making a huge logjam because "eh, who cares, I'm getting to where I'm going" and I got chewed out because of it. WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING, PEOPLE DEPEND ON YOU TO GET THE BERK DOWN THE ROAD. Driving just barely fast enough that you make it through the light is incredibyl inconsiderate to the ten people stuck behind your slow ass who didn't make it through the light because of YOUR FAILURE.

I swear, these people gotta be unemployed, because if they worked as slow as they drove, and they worked for me, they'd be fired in a week...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/17/17 8:11 p.m.
Robbie wrote:
Ouch buddy. You ok?

Yeah. Just not liking my current situation. Everything has to click or else. I can't get sick, I can't get hurt. I have to work 50+ every week. Not to save, or make things better, but to simply survive.

It's starting to get to me.

I just have to fail better.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/18/17 3:08 a.m.

I read a letter to the editor that a local newspaper published on their website. The man politely voiced his opinion regarding a certain topic that's become quite heated. And then I see the comment section where everyone just openly insults him and tells him to berk off. I don't even strictly agree with what he said but this is just sad.

Karacticus
Karacticus HalfDork
8/18/17 11:22 a.m.

After having transitioned my home and auto insurance from one carrier to another in mid-July, effect August 1st, with plenty of notice given my old carrier, I now have to talk personally to my agent before he will cancel the policies!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ICBlFL48kDZMAht9RKpTC3A0fBK96cCkYoft0WTIWm3ooLEXwvj9EXVQ6wWEgzOr