SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
10/16/17 9:11 p.m.

It's official, they opted for one of the two unqualified applicants over me.   

Over something that may or may not have happened five years ago... that they weren't willing to discuss during my last interview.  

Yep, time to go back to school. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/16/17 9:20 p.m.

Minor rant: i cant seem to find a comfortable and well fitting holster. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/17/17 12:45 a.m.

I'm almost used to eating this E36 M3 sandwich.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
10/17/17 1:25 a.m.

A 12 hour night shift after being awake the previous day coupled with not much going on at work is a bit irksome. Very minor rant however considering that I have a computer and the  internet.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
10/17/17 1:43 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Shoot me an email- 

recon emt @ Gmail . Com

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
10/17/17 1:45 a.m.
Duke said:

Seriously, you douchebag?  You left me 2-1/2 sheets of TP?  And the drawer of the restroom cabinet was open an inch, which tells me you looked, found none, and then opted not to walk the extra 10 feet to the supply closet and get more for the next person.

This wouldn't piss me off so much if you weren't the same self-absorbed tool who ties up the only can in the office for half an hour every afternoon.

If your “friend” is regular in his schedule, it may be time to tape some mustard packets under the pads of the seat. Makes a terrific mess...

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
10/17/17 4:07 a.m.

2 and a half more hours and I can go and try to sleep in my motel room.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/17/17 8:30 a.m.
Recon1342 said:
Duke said:

Seriously, you douchebag?  You left me 2-1/2 sheets of TP?  And the drawer of the restroom cabinet was open an inch, which tells me you looked, found none, and then opted not to walk the extra 10 feet to the supply closet and get more for the next person.

This wouldn't piss me off so much if you weren't the same self-absorbed tool who ties up the only can in the office for half an hour every afternoon.

If your “friend” is regular in his schedule, it may be time to tape some mustard packets under the pads of the seat. Makes a terrific mess...

No. Grab some snap caps, those little paper thingys that pop when you throw them hard. Put them under the toilet seat pads. Enjoy.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/17/17 8:44 a.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Shoot me an email- 

recon emt @ Gmail . Com

You have mail 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
10/17/17 10:06 a.m.

When you screw up, drop the ball, fail to do what you said you would, and it leads to me having to coordinate more work, do not get bothered and offended when I start to raise my voice. All I want to know is: What do you need? And when do you need it? That's it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
10/17/17 10:11 a.m.

Last day in office before I head to the Challenge, the number of surprise tasks coming in is escalating quickly...

Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
10/17/17 10:19 a.m.

Attempt at driving the Challenge car to work this morning for a shakedown run failed miserably. After limping it back home (thankfully I hadn't gotten far) instead of taking the time to go in and gear up to ride the scooter I decided to just risk taking the Jeep. It of course decided it wanted in on the action and misbehaved as well- though at least it does so in a way I know how to deal with, and was actually able to get to work.

Days like this make me want to say, "Berk it." and not deal with cars at all.

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
10/17/17 12:42 p.m.

Hey Denny's, go berkeley yourself. It's two weeks before Halloween and you want to start the Xmas commercials? That toxic waste you call food isn't enough, you need to start the Xmas E36 M3 so soon? I hope you go bankrupt, and that the next hundred generations of your corporate staff suffer diphtheria.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/17/17 12:52 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Last day in office before I head to the Challenge, the number of surprise tasks coming in is escalating quickly...

berkeleying a, man. Same here. 

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
10/17/17 1:07 p.m.

Frontier DSL, pay 100% of the bill, get 70% uptime. 

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/17/17 1:09 p.m.

My wife is going through the vetting process for a new job. Somone was worried about her "putting in the time" as the company gets off the ground. This is the same woman who was up at night babysitting wells every Christmas for the past six years. She went on site to log a well when we had a three month old baby and I was up every three hours heating up bottles to feed the little beasts. I have a workstation in my living room. They look at a woman in her 30's with four kids and make assumptions. I'm getting sick of that E36 M3. 

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
10/17/17 2:02 p.m.
RevRico said:

Hey Denny's, go berkeley yourself. It's two weeks before Halloween and you want to start the Xmas commercials? That toxic waste you call food isn't enough, you need to start the Xmas E36 M3 so soon? I hope you go bankrupt, and that the next hundred generations of your corporate staff suffer diphtheria.

the Local Lowes went to full on Christmas mode right after labor day...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/17/17 2:04 p.m.

"Is everything ok? " 

You want to tell them no. You want them to understand the fear. Fear of not having enough to pay the bills. Fear of not being able to manage the disease that will eventually shorten your life. The hopeless feeling of being trapped by a design of your own making. How everything must be perfect. How any problem will quickly destroy what you bust your ass every day  just to maintain. Tell them how scared you feel. The pessimist in me knows they don't really want to know.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
10/17/17 2:23 p.m.
Appleseed said:

"Is everything ok? " 

You want to tell them no. You want them to understand the fear. Fear of not having enough to pay the bills. Fear of not being able to manage the disease that will eventually shorten your life. The hopeless feeling of being trapped by a design of your own making. How everything must be perfect. How any problem will quickly destroy what you bust your ass every day  just to maintain. Tell them how scared you feel. The pessimist in me knows they don't really want to know.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired 

This. 

Hope you're alright man. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/17/17 4:44 p.m.

I'm fine. wink​​​​​​

Feels a lot better writing it down and letting it go. I used to bottle it up. Now that was unhealthy.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/17/17 4:53 p.m.

Fine stands for: berkeleying insane and nerotic.

trying to get out early of work turned into a 12 hour day. berkeley.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/17/17 6:42 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I’ve always liked the Super Bird...

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
10/17/17 7:09 p.m.

Optioning up a V6 Cramit the way I'd want makes it more expensive than a Focus RS, which is a car I would want even more because it has four doors, all wheel drive, and is a hatchback.

I am aware of the highly-depreciated used ATS4s on the market.  Da Boss has a CTS4 and I don't want to look like a suckup.  Plus you can't get an ATS4 in white with blue skunk stripes ($600 option on the Camaro) and a wicker bill ($1200).

When you find yourself saying, hey, that little piece of plastic on the trunk is worth more to my ego than the price of every other car i have bought in my entire life ever, some re-evaluation is necessary.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
10/17/17 7:42 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

If you were closer, I'd buy you a beer.

Sorry. Wish I could do more.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/17/17 8:01 p.m.

In reply to Knurled :

Nobody pays sticker for a Camaro. Look for one in stock somewhere optioned like you want and I bet you can get it for $5k+ off of sticker. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OR1pX7nr97ng9Rg9k3cPh4Mu7eb8GdrJaRSRcYMUdCY65c7pdBx9zx7iecg8G0Kb