AWSX1686
AWSX1686 HalfDork
3/8/17 1:35 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: In reply to AWSX1686: Id have rather not had to get anything right now, but the p5 is toast. So i had to get something. This is paid for, and much better outcome than it was looking like i was going to have on friday.

Well, once you move on let us know and I'm sure you'll have a buyer!

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
3/8/17 1:43 p.m.

The little tyke is cheering for the shark in jaws.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/8/17 8:58 p.m.

Turns out that the timing belt kit and tools i bought for the 02 miata will fit my 00 with the exception of the intake cam seal. Sweet!!!!

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/11/17 9:03 a.m.

The Miata finally made the migration from the driveway into the garage to start installing the rollbar and some other goodies.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 HalfDork
3/13/17 7:05 a.m.

Got the e24 from my parents house successfully into my garage last night, no pushing needed! Now to strip all the good parts off and make Betty a manual.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
3/13/17 7:42 a.m.

I have managed to shed three negative people from my life recently. I feel lighter in spirit and younger today than I have in years!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
3/13/17 8:06 a.m.

The Miata made it to work today. At lunch I'm taking it for an alignment and it should be ready for the autocross season.

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
3/13/17 9:01 a.m.

After 2 years of replacing parts and doing complete disassembly cleanings, I finally fixed the pellet stove with a 30 second Google search. Turns out that even though the old controller I replaced 10 years ago just had 2 knobs and the new one has a bunch of buttons, the buttons actually matter and affect things.

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
3/13/17 12:42 p.m.

Thankful that not only was I able to drive the Eagle in (very little) snow, but that Cabelas had the long roof basket on sale for $50 off, AND it didn't fall off my roof on the way home.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
3/14/17 2:09 p.m.

After a frustrating day yesterday, I got about twenty minutes of traffic-free driving on fun snow-covered back roads on my way home.

It was EXACTLY what I needed.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
3/14/17 7:11 p.m.

Finally fixed the wifes car, got under it expecting it too be a fight because of rust. Cut off wheel and a center punch, new midpipe was on in less then an hour! Wife and her employer are happy its quiet again.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
3/14/17 8:15 p.m.

Six weeks ago, I cut most of the junk food out of my diet. Two weeks ago, I started exercising on a regular basis. Now I'm less tired, have a lower resting heart rate, and managed to drop a few pounds that I gained primarily on my belly a few years ago as a side effect of a medication. I think I've figured out how to combat the "freshman 15" before it actually happens.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/14/17 8:29 p.m.

I finally got on the reassembly side of the timing belt job in the miata. Its also been better maintained than i thought. Zero oil build up in the head! Even the underside of the valve cover is squeaky clean.

Mike
Mike SuperDork
3/14/17 11:58 p.m.

My Raspberry Pi Zero W was ordered at 6am local time on the day it was announced. I was really starting to wonder about the delay today. When I got home from work, it was right there in my mailbox.

So, slow shipping was made up for by a delivery on Pi Day.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
3/17/17 1:18 p.m.

More information that certain governments wanted hidden, but didn't hide properly, SAVED with a subtle tip from the inside issued to the public...thanks Rima

Burrito
Burrito Dork
3/22/17 5:43 p.m.

Went to my favorite taproom after an incredibly E36 M3ty day at work. They're trying to get rid of some local Pale Ale that nobody is buying, so it's $3 a pint. But it's happy hour, so $1 off all pints.

It's not the best beer I've ever had, but at $2 a round, I could be here all night...

RX Reven'
RX Reven' Dork
3/27/17 11:34 a.m.

A frequent GRM poster and I were invited to view a private car collection last Saturday. There were over 200 cars in the collection including a Mercedes Gullwing that appeared to be in pristine condition.

The collector shared my tastes with basically zero muscle cars (no hate, just not my thing) and instead, had rows of 911’s, 912’s, VW Beatles & Buses…tiny Fiat’s (redundant), three wheeled micro cars (Messerschmitt’s & BMW Isetta’s). As though we weren’t already wildly impressed, we ventured into a second area to find that he is a big fan of the magic spinning triangle with not just a Cosmo, but several early NSU’s.

The focus of the collection was so different than the norm and yet was precisely what I’d put together if I had decades and stacks of millions myself. The collector just said “no pictures and please don’t disclose where this is…that’s about it, have fun”

Awesome, awesome opportunity!!!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/27/17 11:38 a.m.
RX Reven' wrote: A frequent GRM poster and I were invited to view a private car collection last Saturday. There were over 200 cars in the collection including a Mercedes Gullwing that appeared to be in pristine condition. The collector shared my tastes with basically zero muscle cars (no hate, just not my thing) and instead, had rows of 911’s, 912’s, VW Beatles & Buses…tiny Fiat’s (redundant), three wheeled micro cars (Messerschmitt’s & BMW Isetta’s). As though we weren’t already wildly impressed, we ventured into a second area to find that he is a big fan of the magic spinning triangle with not just a Cosmo, but several early NSU’s. The focus of the collection was so different than the norm and yet was precisely what I’d put together if I had decades and stacks of millions myself. The collector just said “no pictures and please don’t disclose where this is…that’s about it, have fun” Awesome, awesome opportunity!!!

Leno?

RX Reven'
RX Reven' Dork
3/27/17 11:43 a.m.

In reply to mtn:

Nope, but he had been there…we noticed an autographed picture and some Tonight Show swag in a little display.

Added later…

I just remembered that one of the cars had been featured in GRM Classic Motorsports…my head is still swimming so I’m struggling to remember what car it was at the moment.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
3/27/17 12:37 p.m.

I finally succeeded at posting pics with relative ease today and nearly simultaneously achieved the new moniker of "powerdork". Not a bad day at all on the GRM front.

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
3/28/17 12:50 p.m.

Our youngest just received a small scholarship for having the highest GPA in her program. This is on top of not having to pay tuition for this semester because she kept her average above 90% in her first semester. I guess we owe her a dinner out to celebrate.

slowride
slowride Dork
3/28/17 1:05 p.m.

I lost 20 more pounds (down 60 in about 2 years).

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/31/17 7:07 a.m.

After 10 years of marriage, my wife wants to keep going. She could have done a lot better than me.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
4/1/17 10:38 a.m.

I had pretty much written off the paint on the Miata. It was a really bad repaint and it was old and poorly taken care of. Unfortunately it was getting to the point where it was scruffy enough to start bothering me. My father was looking at it and goes "I really want to try rubbing the paint out." Sure, go ahead, dad, paint and body was your thing back in the '80s. So he went and dug some 30 year old Collinite #840 pre-wax cleaner and some Collinite #845 insulator wax out of a cabinet and we went to work on it. Just the pre-wax cleaner got it nice and shiny again, and we hit some spots with some 3M rubbing compound. We have some touch-up paint and some NAPA black chip guard for the rockers and we're going to touch that up and then wax the daylights out of that. Looks damn good so far, for paint that we had written off. Like new? No. Will it eventually need paint? Yeah (And he wants to try doing that). Does it bug me anymore? Nope.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
4/1/17 6:26 p.m.

I think I'm set for transmissions for a while.

And you can fit two per shelf if you buy the right shelving.

I now have four (4) smoothcases of indeterminate lineage (although one of them is supposedly a zero-mile rebuild) and two (2) 3N71 automatics, which will be nice if I ever decide to join the Dark Side and see what turbocharging is like. And I think, but am not sure, that a 1.6 Miata torque converter would be a simple and cheap performance upgrade.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hht7EMjzUOoS1pZKAZyl0e0OexeJb16ZsOlmdX9c3cNQAIzXFSr2QGKJPMmtwDCP