BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
11/13/17 8:15 a.m.

Those in charge at work replaced our pos Chevy van with a brand new Ram Promaster. I spend a lot of time in the van, sometimes schlepping tools between Detroit and the far side of Indiana, so with the new ride my job just got at least 90% more pleasant.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
11/13/17 9:18 a.m.

I got the 6-speed for my MR2 Spyder all assembled and tested it by engaging all the gears and turning the input shaft by hand. It works and I am ready to move on to the engine! Good weekend.

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
11/13/17 11:50 a.m.

I've accepted a full-time offer and expect to be moving to the Detroit area in the spring. After 3 months of hitting it hard with way too many applications, 17 straight rejections, and being ignored way more than that, I don't have to worry about where I'll be anymore!

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
11/13/17 2:36 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

Awesome!   There's a good contingent of GRMers in the Metro Detroit/Ann Arbor area.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
11/14/17 8:36 p.m.

Homemade exhaust flange saved me 65 bucks and after getting the manifold and exhaust bolted back on tonight it sounds good and doesnt leak! I can hear my radio!

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/14/17 9:10 p.m.

For the first time in I don't know how many years my health insurance premiums actually decreased for next year. So it's only a dollar less per week but I'll take it!

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
11/15/17 9:09 a.m.

Being unemployed sucks, but my chiropractor is working on his, new to him CMC '01 camaro, and i get to actually work on a 'race car' instead of fretting over employment........wonderful therapy I must say.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/16/17 11:30 p.m.

Got an email this morning saying I got the scholarship I applied for. Looks like tuition budget becomes "Unberk The GTA" budget now. 

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
11/16/17 11:56 p.m.

Just finished my first ever timing belt job, and found some PO "fixes" that I was able to undo that make the car work better.

It started first try! And no fluids are pouring out anywhere!

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
11/17/17 1:49 p.m.

Managed to get Lewis Black tickets for April, at a venue that seats 1300. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
11/17/17 1:54 p.m.

I have a coffee date with the woman my aunt introduced me to tonight.

I'm looking forward to getting to know her better because she seems like she has her E36 M3 together.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
11/17/17 1:56 p.m.

After 46 years of questionable decision making, risky decisions, and generally dangerous behavior I have full use of my arms, legs, eyes, and ears.

(helped a high-para assemble his wheelchair a few minutes ago, the act of getting out of his car (something that takes me 2 seconds) took him a full 5 minutes)

Thanks the the FSM!!

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
11/17/17 4:32 p.m.

Thanksgiving break starts today so I don't have to teach next week. Right now I'm laying on the couch looking at the GRM forum and the dog is laying on my feet keeping them warm.

It's nice.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
11/17/17 4:51 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen44 :

My mom was a secondary and substitute teacher for 20 years. I have been to a few parties that teachers have thrown.

Lets just say that I found out that teachers enjoy school breaks more than the students do! LOL cheeky

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/17/17 5:28 p.m.

I now have a significantly thick wad of Benjamins and Grants.  Tomorrow I will convert them into a significantly awesome car.

I am nervous as all hell.  I have never bought a car this expensive or this clean, and furthermore I have never bought a car that didn't need some form of significant repair.  I don't know how to process this information.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/17/17 5:31 p.m.

Theres a guy coming from Ohioto buy the cursed f150. Hes on the road now, and should be here about 7am. 

And hes bringing me donuts. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/17/17 5:54 p.m.

Addendum:  I'm not the guy buying the F150.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/17/17 5:57 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Addendum:  I'm not the guy buying the F150.

Id have tried to talk you out of ot. I like you.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/17/17 6:37 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Aww, I'm touched!

It's okay.  The car I'm buying is a car.  It was built by Ford and is brought to you by the letters R and S.  It has a heavily computer controlled AWD system that is tied in with electronic suspension, which is something I hated until I drove it and then OMG.  Also, all the boost.  And 6 speed transmission.

I'm the guy who has always driven "last guy before the junkyard gets it" cars.  Pay a couple hundred bucks for the car and the seller feels bad for asking that much.   Now I'm going to be driving something that is perfect.  And there will have a car payment, something else I never had.  And when I was told what the monthlies would be, my reaction was "meh, that's nothin' to me".

I feel like freakin' Cinderella at the ball, here.  Deeply reminded of a quote from an issue of C&D.  One of the younger writers asked "Do you want poor children to be happy?"  Answer was "Well, yeah." 

"Then let me drive this car."

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
11/17/17 7:51 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

In reply to BlueInGreen44 :

Lets just say that I found out that teachers enjoy school breaks more than the students do! LOL cheeky

Truth!

Wally
Wally MegaDork
11/17/17 7:58 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Enjoy! We’ve seen him a few times and enjoyed each one.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
11/17/17 8:09 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Theres a guy coming from Ohioto buy the cursed f150. Hes on the road now, and should be here about 7am. 

And hes bringing me donuts. 

I kind of wish i was that guy. Going down south to buy a 70's f150 without rust is next years plan!

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
11/17/17 10:09 p.m.

I have a great job!

After 8 years of wrenching on cars, followed by 27 years of manufacturing, i have been able to spend the last 2 1/2 years teaching engineering students about machining, manufacturing, welding, woodworking and mechanics.

Teaching young, enthusiastic people who are actually interested in learning instead of just doing the minimum requirement to get a paycheck is unbelievable.

I enjoy going to work ALMOST as much as working in my home shop.

(PS, Don't tell the boss, he'll want to cut my pay!) 

NickD
NickD UltraDork
11/18/17 8:39 a.m.

I ordered my MegaSquirt for the Miata's new hopefully-supercharged powerplant!

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
11/18/17 7:55 p.m.

Yesterday I made  the last payment on the 'V'  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EPOnuPgik9u91WypKEm3RMlKmT3FBxKKh5DTr4MkKPG6CQ8fRLZHYs0gGvTQ2AeC