Robbie
Robbie UberDork
8/11/17 9:20 a.m.

http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/healthteam/video/16872057/

women in STEM - woot woot!

BTW, the first time was when she was in undergrad as captain on the cheerleading team when duke won the national championship. She's so much cooler than me.

HonestSpeedShop
HonestSpeedShop New Reader
8/11/17 9:41 a.m.

In reply to Robbie:

Thats awesome! go her! I hate being on tv, and when I am I do stupid stuff.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
8/11/17 11:44 a.m.

My sister is in the background of the kardashian show when they're staying in cleveland, they stay at the downtown hotel she manages room service for. She hates that very much.

D2W
D2W Reader
8/11/17 11:48 a.m.
Patrick wrote: My sister is in the background of the kardashian show when they're staying in cleveland, they stay at the downtown hotel she manages room service for. She hates that very much.

Being on TV or the Kardahians?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/11/17 11:50 a.m.

I was on the Jerry Springer show!

True story

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
8/11/17 11:52 a.m.
D2W wrote:
Patrick wrote: My sister is in the background of the kardashian show when they're staying in cleveland, they stay at the downtown hotel she manages room service for. She hates that very much.
Being on TV or the Kardahians?

Being on Tv with the kardashians. And the kardashians. She has been on real tv before, as an extra in patrick swayze's show he was on when he passed away

HonestSpeedShop
HonestSpeedShop New Reader
8/11/17 11:55 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: I was on the Jerry Springer show! True story

link?

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane Dork
8/11/17 12:27 p.m.

Soooooo, are you the father? Don't leave us hangin!

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/11/17 12:35 p.m.
WonkoTheSane wrote:

I think he was just there for the beads. Not sure how well that went for him, I wasn't there.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/11/17 1:48 p.m.
WonkoTheSane wrote:

No link...... I don't think its out there......

I was in the audience, not on stage. I did get up and ask a question though--- with my boy Jerry standing right next to me. It was lame--- when the show was young, and they still had semi-serious topics.

The guy on stage had been the dean of American University and was forced to resign after he made "inappropriate" phone calls to co-eds. He had written a book about how he was abused as a child, and was hawking it.

They were making him out to be a victim, which pissed me off. He claimed he hadn't done anything wrong, but was fired. So I asked him exactly what he said to the girls to get fired. He ignored my question, and started talking about something else. If I would have known the direction the show would take later----I totally would have caused a scene. Live and learn.....live and learn!

Brian
Brian MegaDork
8/11/17 2:21 p.m.

Being on tv, meh. Being on tv for STEM, awesome.

I've been on tv several times. First was being on the local Fox kids show when I was 9. Second was in background shots of the news covering an event at an observatory. Lastly, and I've stopped keeping track, I show up in the background when there are news pieces about my BIL who died in Iraq.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/11/17 2:24 p.m.

My crowning achievement in the media is being in the background of a Roadkill episode. The one where they have Blasphemi at Beech Bend, I was in the crowd of idiots in the stands on a hot day watching Finnegan try to figure out why a Hemi doesn't launch very well with a nearly empty fuel tank.

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
8/12/17 10:33 a.m.

I yelled Baba Booey as I drove by a Weather Network reporter.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
8/12/17 11:49 a.m.

Your sister looks like a man. Maybe it was the bow tie.

Robbie
Robbie UberDork
8/12/17 6:00 p.m.
John Welsh wrote: Your sister looks like a man. Maybe it was the bow tie.

Hahaha. I'll tell her you said that.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/13/17 11:13 a.m.

I was on TV at about age 8 when they named a local bridge the Dan Beard bridge, for scouting. Cub scout doing my duty...

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
8/14/17 1:18 p.m.

It's a great topic and I hope they can find out some good stuff from their research.

I've been on TV a many times working the races at COTA and TMS. Mostly just passing shots or in the background during the invocation. For one of the WEC races I worked, The camera was right across from my station so every few laps I'd be on. You always look goofy out there gathering up stray body parts on TV so I was glad when AAA quit sponsoring the AAA Assistance camera on Big Hoss when our crew was out there picking up crap for Nascar at TMS.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tBXvR5y0Li60amre7nPNtKIEIcHVIB21ygNXDVOC4weoj58QbLedHwq9eA3wSvct