2 3 4
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/27/17 6:30 a.m.
Huckleberry wrote:
Wall-e wrote: In reply to SVreX: I find it humorous that no one cares about the backstory, how it was paid for by a Wall Street firm as advertising and given a place after a number of sneaky workarounds once the board members of that firm put money in the mayor's PAC. Look at the photos and you can see it's not actually in the park the bull is in, but on an extension that was added to the island. If it went in the park the community board would have had a notice ruining the faux surprise placement of it and they could possibly veto it. By placing it on the newly built traffic island it falls under DOTs jurisdiction and requires no approval from anyone but the mayor. This guys corruption is incredible but being on the correct team it all goes pretty much unreported.
I didn't actually know about it until this thread. Now, I just don't care on purpose. But, I like the idea that I could create a time series by making a statue of a child impaled on a bull's horn and placing it across the street.

Yep. I understand.

Neither "Charging Bull" nor "Fearless Girl" are statuaries that represent you well.

"Pissing Pug" fits you better (another statue that was briefly added to the display of a dog lifting his leg on Fearless Girl).

STM317
STM317 Dork
6/27/17 7:12 a.m.

Maybe push something more along the lines of words or images relating to "Fierce", "Tenacious", "Unrelenting" etc? It would seem to capture much the same attitude but would remain much more socially acceptable even though socially unacceptable seems to be what she's going for.

jere
jere HalfDork
6/27/17 11:30 a.m.
z31maniac wrote: Have many tattoo's, most of them have no serious meaning. I just think they look cool. I'm tired of this overly pretentious desire for everything to have some "deep meaning." Why is "I like it, I think it looks cool" not a good enough reason to do whatever you want to your body? If you can't "justify" a tattoo to society without attaching a bunch of drama to it, then don't get one. Geez.

I agree to a point

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/27/17 12:04 p.m.

^Well, I think we could all agree that doesn't look cool!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
6/27/17 12:32 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: ^Well, I think we could all agree that doesn't look cool!

You're joking, right? I mean, you could hire that guy and fill two positions simultaneously!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/27/17 12:51 p.m.

I always figured I'd get a tattoo that said, "Please don't tell this guy all the E36 M3 we wrote on his back...

...he thinks it's a pirate ship!"

(Fortunately, I have no tattoos)

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5rGd4s5idkpnaimTzQ3Uz3m5LRhznY8IrulFMGQr7GIC1pMSmpdDgIK1YShCc2jQ