1 2
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
5/13/17 10:08 p.m.

Know how we were all talking about the demon and how you could do better with a hellcat.

Well someone in the ViperClub in California no less just picked up a Hellcat Challenger in a automatic with minimal options for 1.3K OTD and 485$ a month payment + tax of course.

Had it at the cars and coffee and telling everyone the deal had another 10 on the lot they would do a similar deal on. These are leftover 16's. All are black and automatic though.

Pulley, custom tune and a intake runs about 1500$ and your at 750hp to the wheel.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
5/13/17 10:11 p.m.

It's a lowwww mile lease. Think i heard 6000 miles a year on the radio. wonder what they're going to cost in 2 years coming off those leases

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
5/13/17 10:36 p.m.

His was 7500.

Frankly I am really interested in the charger at that price. But I can get a used 2016 for about 48K and that might actually be the better deal.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
5/13/17 11:00 p.m.

I had a couple of hemi challenger rentals and really liked them. Would love a Hellcat.

travellering
travellering Reader
5/14/17 6:24 a.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe: That's 15,000 quarter mile passes and drives back to the pits...

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
5/14/17 7:27 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: His was 7500. Frankly I am really interested in the charger at that price. But I can get a used 2016 for about 48K and that might actually be the better deal.

48k for a used 1 year old 72k+ car? Damn maybe a 5 year old one will be in the 20's when i'm done paying off the truck.

I love the idea and like the platform as a daily, but the wrx has broken me. I enjoyed driving the Charger until i got the wrx, now ever time we go somewhere and i drive the charger it feels like a big fat pig. The acceleration is nice but a car that used to feel competent just feels like it wallows everywhere by comparison. Never thought this day would come but mashing the gas with lots of power only makes me giggle a little bit, and doesnt keep my attention like it did 20 years ago

calteg
calteg Dork
5/14/17 7:48 a.m.
patgizz wrote: . Never thought this day would come but mashing the gas with lots of power only makes me giggle a little bit, and doesnt keep my attention like it did 20 years ago

This is the same reason why I love Corvettes in theory, and then I'm bored in 5 minutes when I drive one

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
5/14/17 7:59 a.m.
calteg wrote:
patgizz wrote: . Never thought this day would come but mashing the gas with lots of power only makes me giggle a little bit, and doesnt keep my attention like it did 20 years ago
This is the same reason why I love Corvettes in theory, and then I'm bored in 5 minutes when I drive one

I never got bored with tossing mine around corners. Honestly though with the exception of brute low end force my bugeye wrx probably does everything better than my c4 did. It gets more looks too oddly enough.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/14/17 8:12 a.m.
patgizz wrote: It's a lowwww mile lease. Think i heard 6000 miles a year on the radio. wonder what they're going to cost in 2 years coming off those leases

I doubt anyone would lease one with the intent of making it a long distance commuter car. Having said that I don't think I drive 6K miles a year anyway.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/14/17 8:53 a.m.

I drove 6k miles this WEEK.
I can't quite figure out how a Hellcat would figure into my life other than "I want one". They're not quite weird or special enough. Good on Dodge for screwing them together though.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
5/14/17 10:29 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I drove 6k miles this WEEK.

Something is not right with you. But you already knew that. Also you have a 600hp minivan.

Really liked the car when I sat in it, lease deal or not I am glad they are being made. The Demon should put a hefty hit on resale value on the standard cars in the next couple months as well.

Found out you can run E85 in them with higher boost and then they make stupid power gains with just a tune and pulley. Like 850 to the wheel sort of numbers.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit PowerDork
5/15/17 11:20 a.m.

There was a guy at Cars & Coffee Saturday with a white Challenger Hellcat for sale. It was a stick with @4400 miles and he wanted like $48,000 for it.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
5/15/17 12:34 p.m.

Seems like a great deal if you're into driving new cars, but at the same time at $12,000 for two years I can't help but feel like it's still a ton of money to borrow a car. It's a better deal than buying it and reselling it in 2 years I guess!

Robbie
Robbie UberDork
5/15/17 12:47 p.m.

This should be the one and only post in the first world problems thread (I can get 707 hp for less than $500/month, but new cars have too many driver nannies).

New plan: Get 2 neighbors on each side of you to quit cable and use the savings to go in together on a hellcat lease. I guarantee you will all have more fun.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/15/17 1:42 p.m.

I think I drove about 6k miles last year.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
5/15/17 2:20 p.m.
T.J. wrote:
I think I drove about 6k miles last year.

I did 5.2-5.5K this year in the daily driver. But I bet I spent more time in the car then most people pushing 20-30K a year due to traffic out here.

The Viper guys are sending me hellcat ads in the 48-45K range with the manual now to harass me.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
5/15/17 2:50 p.m.
Robbie wrote: This should be the one and only post in the first world problems thread (I can get 707 hp for less than $500/month, but new cars have too many driver nannies).

yes...yes it should

Robbie wrote: Get 2 neighbors on each side of you to quit cable and use the savings to go in together on a hellcat lease. I guarantee you will all have more fun.

say what?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/15/17 2:57 p.m.

My schedule is admittedly weird, but between One Lap, two trips back and forth from Texas to Michigan, and one other family vacation I'm at something like 15k before any regular daily driving or trips to the track or anything else. Maybe owning seven cars to spread the mileage around makes sense? Maybe? Maybe I do need a Hellcat?

Furious_E
Furious_E Dork
5/15/17 3:11 p.m.

Wonder what the monthly insurance payment is

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
5/15/17 3:30 p.m.

A quick quote for me is only $18 a month increase in my insurance over my G37. Not bad for double the horsepower.

pheller
pheller PowerDork
5/15/17 4:00 p.m.

Now if only they would offer for that Ram 1500 Ecodiesel.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
5/15/17 6:52 p.m.

So might be getting one, they are quoting me a 2016 manual in white Challenger with the red leather. 6500 miles a year nothing out of pocket.

If its close to 460-480$ I think I am going to jump. I have been driving the truck lately and honestly it sucks, its really cheap to drive, but it sucks.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
5/15/17 7:44 p.m.

I'm amazed with actually how many 16's are actually available. I was expecting only 1-2 to be available but there was like 70 to choose from just withing 300 miles.

yupididit
yupididit Dork
5/15/17 7:53 p.m.

Which dealer is this?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
5/15/17 8:15 p.m.

There are tons of these things out there. One dealer in LA that has 11 2016s on the lot all in black.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Wo4TiHYu6OjmGMrGjbrhDK7yrHd6AI6sSJxCs1yQJVEipDjGemhXj4YfuPoQfxWn