1 2 3
Jerry
Jerry UberDork
12/11/17 7:01 a.m.

4 more days...seemed like a good time for a thread?  I watched 5-6-7 yesterday in anticipation.  Also:

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler UberDork
12/11/17 7:04 a.m.

Got our tickets for Thursday night.  Can't wait!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/11/17 7:24 a.m.

Hoping that it is not a redo of Empire Strikes back. The Force Awakes, which I liked, was a lot like a New Hope 2.0. Going to see it this weekend.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
12/11/17 7:44 a.m.

I did not get tickets ahead of time. I'm really looking forward to it, but don't want to deal with the fiasco of opening weekend.

I'll be watching Thor this weekend instead, when it will be easy to get a seat. Then I'll see Last Jedi after Christmas.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
12/11/17 7:46 a.m.

We've actually got some really fun stuff planned for the brewery for opening weekend:

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/11/17 7:47 a.m.
T.J. said:

Hoping that it is not a redo of Empire Strikes back. The Force Awakes, which I liked, was a lot like a New Hope 2.0. Going to see it this weekend.

Me too. From seeing the trailer, I am kind of worried it is going to be this.

Either way I have my tickets for Thursday night.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/11/17 8:19 a.m.

10:30 Friday night. I've been to every Star Wars opening day. This will be no different. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/11/17 8:34 a.m.
T.J. said:

That's my fear.  At this point, it feels like that after the I-III fiasco, they've basically scared themselves into remaking IV-VI without actually remaking them.  Hopefully they won't.

The "A Star Wars Story" movies aren't making the major story line any clearer.  Rogue One was not a bad movie, but it interfered with me getting my head around where The Force Awakens fit into the big picture... especially with all the confusing similarities between the various Really Bad Guys and their various Really Big Weapons.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
12/11/17 9:20 a.m.

SWMBO got us tickets for Saturday 1230pm.  Even as a huge SW nerd, I really hope 1) not a remake of #5 and 2) no Deathstar/PlanetKiller.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
12/11/17 10:45 a.m.

I may be able to blow off work on Friday.  If so, I’ll catch a matinee so it won’t be too crowded 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
12/11/17 11:16 a.m.

How many other people, when they hear, "May the Force be with you," also want to respond, "...and also with you."?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/11/17 11:21 a.m.
Jerry said:

2) no Deathstar/PlanetKiller.

Please.  PLEASE.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
12/12/17 1:31 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I will have to swing by on my way home from work.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
12/12/17 1:43 p.m.
Duke said:
Jerry said:

2) no Deathstar/PlanetKiller.

Please.  PLEASE.

Seriously, you'd think that the bad guys would have learned by now that a bunch of medium to large spaceships is a lot harder to blow up than a single ginormous space station.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
12/12/17 2:00 p.m.

I THINK I have seen the first two. 

barefootskater
barefootskater New Reader
12/12/17 2:15 p.m.

So stoked! Got tickets for friday night with the whole famn damily. Been watching 1-6 over the last week or so. haven't seen 2 or 3 since they came out.

+1 on hoping for no death star.

Hoping Luke has a big role and isn't killed off.

Hoping they tell us who Snoke is. Entirely too many conspiracy fan videos on that...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
12/12/17 2:19 p.m.

I read this morning that the crowd at the pre opening night celebrity dealio were impressed.  I hope that's not just hype. 

Based on the last movie, I think Daisy Ridley and the reformed Storm trooper dude can carry the series, even with Luke's wooden acting and Darth Emo fit-pitching. I really liked them and their chemistry.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/12/17 2:23 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I read this morning that the crowd at the pre opening night celebrity dealio were impressed.  I hope that's not just hype. 

Based on the last movie, I think Daisy Ridley and the reformed Storm trooper dude can carry the series, even with Luke's wooden acting and Darth Emo fit-pitching. I really liked them and their chemistry.

I hope so. I enjoyed Episode 7 but Darth Emo really REALLY bugged me. Well that and the whole, it being a New Hope II.

I honestly liked Rogue One way more then Episode 7.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
12/12/17 2:40 p.m.

Man, I'm doing family stuff all weekend, so I won't be able to get to see it for a bit. I plan on re-watching Episode VII first anyway. Maybe sometime next week I can catch it. 

Speaking of which... I recently re-watched Rogue One, and I liked it even more the second time around. The whole thing was great! 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/12/17 2:50 p.m.
93EXCivic said:
T.J. said:

Me too. From seeing the trailer, I am kind of worried it is going to be this.

Either way I have my tickets for Thursday night.

From the trailers I've seen, some elements may feel like Ep. V 2.0, but other aspects not.  I look forward to seeing it, although I have no idea when I will.  Doing biking stuff Friday.  It was at least a week before I saw Ep 7 and saw Rogue One on Prime or Netflix (don't remember). 

I just can't get worked up over movies anymore. 

Beer Baron said:

How many other people, when they hear, "May the Force be with you," also want to respond, "...and also with you."?

Episcopal/Methodist here, so yeah yes 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
12/13/17 7:06 a.m.

See, Darth Emo to me played exactly the part he should.  Got a taste of the Dark Side, Grandpa can't help him & he idolizes him, parents exiled, can't quite get his saber complete (why it looks jagged and has side vents)...  I think he's going to be a big part of #8.

AND he played it with emotion, vs the bitchy Anakin , talk about wooden acting.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
12/13/17 7:18 a.m.

Ten of us seeing it Friday on IMAX  can't wait to see it on a massive screen with awesome sound  

I was fine with the Force Awakens being a New Hope 2.0. It was a fun way to reboot the franchise after 1-2-3. The only thing I didn't like was darth-emo like others. They shouldn't make this ROTJ 2.0 though 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
12/13/17 7:39 a.m.

One of our vendors reserves a theater to do a private showing for their clients on opening night, so yes, I'll be there! They even gave us popcorn and drink tickets last year!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/13/17 8:16 a.m.

I also have to say that the big-eyed Precious Moments™ guinea pigs do not fill me with confidence.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MVlgQiGbsbGmckhSL44zx7BhhH3HOskzYfG2vdG1GSqyfCbRLPghfFFWvXdOOEAH