1 2
bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
4/16/17 3:06 p.m.

Time has come to move on from the Family Barracuda. It's getting no closer to being finished and now time for someone else to have a chance at it. It's a great cheap classic that is worth more than the asking price as parts easy but I'd rather keep it together. It was fully restored in 1985 so the car is showing some age. It's a 15'er that will still shine up nice but not concourse perfection by any imagination.

It's currently not running and will need towed. I do that the title in my name ready to sign over.

PM me here for more information or to setup a viewing.

Here is all of the things that I've done to it in the last 4 years:

New radiator

New 1.03" Torsion Rods

Added Bilstein Shocks

Put a low miles Rebuilt 1977 318 in it with and XE262 Comp Cam, Edelbrock Performer intake and Street Demon 600 CFM carb with electric choke.

Added a rebuilt 904 transmission.

New gas tank

Lokar transmission kickdown.

New Shorty Starter.

Front Disc Brake Conversion.

New distributor with HEI module conversion.

So what does it need to get driving:

1. Transmission cooler lines ran.

2. Exhaust system installed. (I have one I will include with a full price offer)

3. Throttle Cable Ran.

4. New Tires installed (Have 4 I will include with full price offer)

5. Probably a new oil pan gasket installed. I don't think the current one is sealing well.

6. New brake Lines run. I have the brake proportioning valve which I will include.

7. Heater Core Replaced

8. Front end sheet metal realigned.

Now for some pictures:

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett UltimaDork
4/16/17 7:34 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider:

FYI pics aren't showing up.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
4/17/17 7:28 a.m.

Edited with new Picture links. Hopefully these work better.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
4/17/17 7:35 a.m.

Car looks great! Good luck with sale. Just to note, your are in Texas right like your profile says?

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
4/17/17 9:03 a.m.

I am. I'm in the Austin Metro area. Should have said that in the opening.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
4/17/17 11:50 a.m.

Beautiful car!

Even not running it sounds like an awesome deal

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
4/17/17 12:42 p.m.

GLWS,looks great for the price. These are one of my favorite cars of the era, and can look really great done right. The red interior is fantastic.

I'm sure many have seen this, but the '66 Barracuda over at Deus ex Machina is pretty awe-inspiring

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
4/17/17 7:12 p.m.

There are a few cool 1966 fish out there. Really these cars handle much better than the counterparts. Mine already has the Big front sway bar on it. With that, the shocks, and the torsion bars I've got in it they handle pretty good. I'll throw in ome of the pare body parts and certified to use year of manufacture Texas plates.

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
4/17/17 8:02 p.m.

Oh, my my.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
4/17/17 11:02 p.m.

Hmm. I like it. 2000 miles and $500 in gas to get it to FL.

Does it still have the small 5x4 bolt pattern? What disc brake conversion did you end up doing?

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
4/18/17 8:13 a.m.

Can't believe it's been a whole day and hasn't sold yet.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
4/18/17 8:52 a.m.

Hey Greg,

Just shot you an e-mail. It's the SBC front brake conversion. The Part number is the A153 with the 4 caliper Kelsey Hayes style calipers. I kept it manual brakes just because of the clearance there is minimal and I didn't want a large power brake booster taking up all of the real estate.

The car is worth more than this in parts. I've only posted it here for now as I really want to see it done and not just picked apart. I know this crew would give it a good home.

Mike

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
4/18/17 8:54 a.m.

In reply to NOT A TA:

Yeah, this is a crazy good deal unless my idea of what these cars are worth is WAY out of whack.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
4/18/17 9:08 a.m.

Some more pictures because everyone loves pictures. My E-mail is Michael dot L Dot Booth At Gmail Dot Com. Let me know any questions or what pictures you want to see.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
4/18/17 11:07 a.m.
BrokenYugo wrote: In reply to NOT A TA: Yeah, this is a crazy good deal unless my idea of what these cars are worth is WAY out of whack.

No, you're not way out of whack. If the car offered here was on CL with a 10 grand asking price it'd probably still be gone in a day for 7-8. This rusted out piece of junk missing half the pieces sold for almost as much as the asking price of the OP's car here.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/011-6.jpg.html][/URL]

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
4/18/17 6:03 p.m.

Here is some of the worse spots. This is all up under the gas tank. I took the tank down, Treated it all with a wire wheel and rust inhibitors then sprayed it with undercoating before I put the new gas tank. There are just some assorted other pictures included.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
4/19/17 2:36 p.m.

Seems like a great deal to me.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
4/19/17 6:00 p.m.

Very cool looking car. And what a great price!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
4/20/17 7:33 a.m.

If I had seen this on Craigslist I would think scam. This is a smoking deal.

APEowner
APEowner Reader
4/20/17 11:32 a.m.

That's a smoking deal and if I weren't already one car over my spouse negotiated car limit and racing this weekend I'd be headed to TX to pick it up.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
4/20/17 12:40 p.m.

Pending Sold. Looks like it will be going to Florida for it's retirement.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
4/20/17 2:44 p.m.

Thank goodness. The temptation to buy was strong and this would have likely exceeded Mrs84FSP's impressive patience with my habit.

bavery
bavery New Reader
4/20/17 9:59 p.m.

If that falls through, I'm in Houston and will take it

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
4/25/17 11:50 a.m.

And it's sold. Thanks all for the interest. It's going to GRM's back yard so maybe you'll see it at a GRM event in the future.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/26/17 4:28 p.m.

Greg strikes again! Glad to know I'll be seeing it soon!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mM6XBn3mS3D09Ys4jdpSd1JRFlGStBLgsGTE2wz5MEkMTc28zauQaCVy0wdAczEE