tb
tb HalfDork
4/8/17 5:05 p.m.

For Sale: my 2013 Challenge car

1989 BMW 325 – m20b25 / automatic; clean title; NJ inspected

174k miles, most work has approx. 10k miles on it; excellent daily driver Body & Interior are OK for daily driver but certainly not perfect

Silver (respray) ext. (few dings & blemishes but no major rust or impact damage)

Black & Tan interior (custom dye, decent condition)

Black cloth sport style seat (Summit, adjustable)

Power windows & locks; cruise control; A/C, sunroof; etc.

Shift light

Digital Voltmeter

Aftermarket temperature gauge

Custom oil pressure light & buzzer

Dash cover

Cupholder

Aftermarket radio / CD player w/ 10 disk changer in trunk

10” sub behind driver’s seat & 4 new sound ordinance speakers

Leather wrapped steering wheel

“is” spoiler and front lip

70% Tint all windows

Fog light delete panels

Yellow fog lights under bumper

Rally Armor universal mud flaps

Yakima roof rack with locking towers

Side and rear lights tinted with VHT nightshade

Hella lights on bumper wired as high beams

Air intake replacing high beam hole

New exhaust (needs new rubber hangers)

New timing belt, water pump, head gasket, etc.

Rebuilt head

Shrick 272 camshaft

Recent tune up; cap, plugs, rotor, wires, thermostat, trans filter, etc.

Rebuilt alternator

Electric fan

3 quart accusump (manual valve)

SSSquid tuning chip w/ raised rev limiter (stock included)

K&N filter

Rebuilt 4.10 limited slip differential

Front and rear strut bars

Bilstein sport dampers

H & R sport springs

Addco rear sway bar

New suspension mounts, bump stops & hardware all around

New motor & Transmission mounts (various polyurethane bushings)

New OEM front lower control arms / balljoints

M3 style offset lcabs

New inner & outer tie rods

Rebuilt steering rack w/ new lines

Rebuilt calipers (all)

Stainless Steel brake lines

Hawk HPS brake pads w/ new hardware

New Rotors

Lug nut / stud conversion

14” bottle cap wheels w/ 195/45r14 Falken Azeni tires (full size spare)

Probably forgetting some stuff; Extra misc. bits included along with many receipts

$3,500

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
4/9/17 7:06 p.m.

Hm. The want is strong with this one. How's the rust?

tb
tb HalfDork
4/9/17 8:39 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor:

I would call the rust pretty minimal, overall. As a former Mshiny happy person myself I have seen some rust in my day... I see you are in Billerica; I remember a decent junkyard up there from back when I used to live in Woostah.

There are a couple of crappy patches laid over holes in the lower rear valance that look imperfect but I also drilled some ventilation holes in that area too.

The factory hangers and heat shields around the muffler area are in poor shape but mostly intact. Surface rust abounds underneath but there is no structural rot or holes that I have noticed.

I cut out rusty areas in the 'tool well' area on the driver's side of the trunk and replaced it with sheet steel and sealed it up.

Jim Thwaite did the paint for me about 2 years ago and he welded up some holes in the trunklid from a previous gigantic spoiler I had but he didn't notice anything else that needed attention.

Amazingly, I have never had a single fastener ever fight me on this one and it was originally from Maryland, I believe.

I will gladly post pics if there is any area that concerns you. If you get up close there are a few cosmetic blemishes but the structure is intact and in good shape.

Also, I have done the drive between South Jersey and Mass many times so I could probably find some way to help with the arraignments to spare you some of the inevitable traffic nightmare...

tb
tb HalfDork
4/9/17 8:41 p.m.

Just remembered:

Weather Tech universal floor mats

Keyless entry

tb
tb HalfDork
4/10/17 12:22 p.m.

Another addition:

Home built wheel carrier that bolts to the roof rack bars. I made it out of 2x4s, 2x10s and black pipe pieces. It makes it nice for road trips to keep the trunk clear for luggage and supplies.

I am more than happy to write a car receipt for $2017 and another $1k for extra junk...

tb
tb HalfDork
4/13/17 12:19 p.m.

I have had some emailers and tire kickers show interest but I still have the car.

Soon I am going to start advertising it more widely but I am very open to offers from the GRM community...

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
4/14/17 11:44 a.m.

I've been kicking around the idea of buying another P71, but this seems at least as reliable and way more fun.

What's holding me back though is being largely ignorant of E30s and BMWs in general. What days would work for you where I could schedule a trip out to come take a look at the car and ask a lot of BMW noob questions?

tb
tb Dork
4/17/17 8:10 a.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin:

Sorry I missed this one; guess I was really busy over the holiday weekend.

I am pretty flexible with my schedule and can make time on any day if you want to come check it out.

You can also send me direct messages or we can schedule a call or skype or something.

This car is very reliable so far, I have stayed in front of most maintenance because my wife has been using it daily in the recent past. Luckily, these are heavily supported with both oem and aftermarket parts, have tons of accessible information out there and pretty easy to work on with, too!

Please, get in touch with me anytime.

tb
tb Dork
4/24/17 9:27 p.m.

I admit that I totally forgot to mention a small oil leak. I think it is from the pan, not really sure. Selling hasn't been a priority due to being busy and I haven't thought about it much. Since it is only a quart every six months or so I just totally ignore it until the light comes on or I change the oil...

It is pretty clear in the pictures what it looks like after being parked in the same spot for a couple of years...

$2k

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dehSjzzjooRsbvxy3U9JFJvhHXvrAutL6hHXbk0Zj6UwlojpLAR8BIS4cqoacBW3